Intrauterine development of the child: periods and stages with photos
The human life cycle is a series of victories and defeats, joys and grief. And one of the most important achievements is the birth of a child. This is the moment when a person overflowing with happy emotions begins to feel meaningful and necessary. Children are the flowers of life, which bring their part into the well-organized life of their parents and make them relive the memories of their childhood.
The life of the baby begins from the moment of its conception, and, of course, it is very important for future parents to follow up how the fetal development of the child occurs. The whole pregnancy consists of 40 weeks and is divided into 3 stages.
Stages of development
The stages of prenatal development of a child in obstetric practice are called trimesters. This is a kind of division of the entire pregnancy into three equal periods, according to which the fetus’s vital functions are evaluated, tests and ultrasounds are prescribed, and the anthropometric data of the pregnant woman are measured. The appearance of any physiological and psycho-emotional changes in the organism of the future mother is characteristic for a certain trimester, and if they are not pathological, then they are considered the norm.
It starts from 1 week and ends at 13. This stage is considered the most dangerous, since it is at this time that the ovum is attached to the wall of the uterus, if this does not happen - pregnancy does not occur.Also at this time begin to form the beginnings of future organs and tissues, so it is very important during this period to monitor your diet, rest in time and often visit the fresh air. At this stage, a woman may overtake such an unpleasant symptom as toxicosis. There is nothing terrible in it if it is not very pronounced and protracted, in this case it is best to consult a doctor. Some women may experience the following changes in the first trimester:
- violation of taste perception of food;
- frequent mood swings;
- appearance of drowsiness and headaches.
All this is often associated with changes in the hormonal background and the beginning of the preparation of the body to bear and give birth to a child.
It starts from the 14th week and ends at 26. This trimester is characterized as the most peaceful and pleasant period of pregnancy. The intrauterine development of the child continues, but at the same time there are new sensations - this, of course, is the movement of the baby, which the expectant mother is beginning to clearly feel. For primiparids, this happens for a period of 18-24 weeks, and for multiparous ones, it can be noticed starting at 13, because they have already given birth earlier and know what it is.
It begins with week 27 and ends with childbirth. The safest prenatal period of child development, but at the same time very restless. The child is almost formed and in the case of premature birth ready for independent existence. In a pregnant woman, a feeling of anxiety and fear begins to appear, the baby’s frequent movements are more distinct, and in some moments you can even notice how the belly “moves with a shake”. Such unpleasant symptoms appear as heartburn and shortness of breath due to the pressure of the enlarged uterus on the stomach and diaphragm.
Periods of fetal development
The physiological process of development of the child can be divided into 3 periods:
- Fetal (up to 8 weeks) - the most critical. During this period, there is a responsible event for the whole woman’s body - the birth of three leaflets, which in the future are differentiated in 3 different directions: the outer leaflet is the future placenta and fetal membrane, the middle gives rise to the skeleton, skin and muscles, and the inner one is the basis for future inner organs.
- Fetal (from 9 weeks before birth) - during this period the future baby is called fetus and the risk of losing the baby is significantly reduced. By the end of 3 months of pregnancy, the laying of organs and tissues ends, but at the same time their intensive development occurs. Head growth slows down and gradually compares with the body, after which the body begins to grow faster than the head. The face begins to acquire human traits, and by the sex of the genitals it is possible to determine the sex of the child. In the fetal period until birth itself, the intrauterine development of the child continues, the photo below shows this very well.
Ultrasound during pregnancy
Currently, an ultrasound examination is necessary to evaluatefetal life and the identification of congenital malformations. In total for the entire period of pregnancy, this procedure should be 3-4 times. The first time is 12 weeks, the second is 21-24, the third time is at 32 weeks. During this procedure, it is estimated:
- intrauterine development of the child;
- compliance with the term of pregnancy;
- weight and height of the baby;
- its position in the uterus;
- presence of congenital malformations;
- is there a cord entanglement;
- condition of the placenta and amniotic fluid, as well as their quantity.
Intrauterine development of the child for months
1 month. In the first month of pregnancy, special changes in the woman's body are not observed. During this period, the fertilization of the egg by the sperm and the formation of zygotes, which will actively divide and go into the uterus.
2 month. The intrauterine development of a child in the second month is characterized by the fact that the baby already has legs and arms, and there are fingers on them. All internal systems develop and the heart begins to beat with a frequency of 140-150 beats per minute. Fruit weight is 4-5 grams, and growth 2.4-3 cm.
3 month. This month ends 1 trimester of pregnancy. The development of the child continues, and at the same time the vocal cords, tongue, hair and nails begin to form. The first rudiments of teeth appear in the oral cavity. The digestive and circulatory system begin their work.
4 month. During this period, the baby becomes larger. All its organs and systems are actively working, and the child himself is already able to bend and unbend limbs, to push with legs. Of particular changes can be noted the development of the cerebral cortex, auricles and the appearance of an individual pattern on the tips of small fingers, the baby also becomes sensitive to external sounds.
5 month. All systems and organs continue to improve. If we talk about the intrauterine development of a child by months, then the fifth month is perhaps the most memorable for a first-time pregnant woman. At this time, she can feel the movement of the fetus and feel the baby inside. The lungs are still underdeveloped, so you should better monitor your health in order to avoid premature birth.
6 month. This month of pregnancy carries many changes in the development of the fetus. By this time, he had learned to open and close his eyes, on which cilia appeared, and on top of the edge. Genital organs are formed, and on the face can be traced individual features. The baby weighs 750 g at this time, and the height is about 30 cm.
7 month. During this period, the brain and lungs develop rapidly. Subcutaneous fat becomes more and more, so the skin is smoothed and there are less wrinkles on it. The growth of the baby this month is 33 cm, and the weight is about 1-1.2 kg.
8 month. During this period, the child is significantly gaining weight and increasing in growth. His skin is covered with thick hair, and the fat layer has become even more. The kid begins to react violently to all external stimuli.
9 month. The final stage of the entire pregnancy. The child by this time is fully formed and ready for independent existence. On his skin, the lanugo (down) completely disappeared, and she herself became smooth and pink.
Tips for pregnant women
During all periods of prenatal development of the child should be followed. A few rules and tips:
- Revise your diet and, if necessary, add to it products rich in vitamins.
- Do not overwork, sleep and rest is important for the full development of the child.
- At the beginning of pregnancy should begin taking folic acid, of course, under the supervision of a physician. Other drugs without an appointment not to use.
- If there are bad habits (alcohol, smoking), then they should be abandoned because they do not have a positive effect, rather the opposite.
- To walk more often in the open air, but in no case be supercool.
- Sex life with a partner can be continued if there are no contraindications.
- Get a prenatal and postnatal bandage, it is very useful.
- Clothes should be worn loose, not constraining anywhere, shoes should be low-heeled.
Pregnancy is a very important period in the life of a woman and her second half, so it’s worth remembering every moment of this beautiful time and just enjoying it.