Intrauterine development of the child: periods and stages with a photo
The life cycle of a person is a series of victories and defeats, joys and sorrows. And one of the most important achievements is the birth of a child. This is the moment when a person overwhelmed with happy emotions begins to feel relevant and necessary. Children are flowers of life, which make their part of the settled life of their parents and make them relive memories of their childhood.
The life of the baby begins from the moment of its conception, and, certainly, it is very important for future parents to follow how the intrauterine development of the child takes place. The entire pregnancy consists of 40 weeks and is divided into 3 stages.
Stages of development
Stages of intrauterine development of the child in obstetric practice are usually called trimester. This is a kind of division of the entire pregnancy into three identical periods, according to which the evaluation of the fetus is carried out, tests and ultrasound are prescribed, and the anthropometric data of the pregnant woman is measured. The appearance of any physiological and psychoemotional changes in the organism of the future mother is characteristic of a certain trimester, and if they are not pathological, then they are considered the norm.
It begins with 1 week and ends at 13. This stage is considered the most dangerous, since it is at this time that the fetal egg is attached to the uterine wall, if this does not happen, pregnancy does not occur.Also at this time begin to form the beginnings of the future organs and tissues, so it is very important during this period to monitor your diet, rest on time and often be outdoors. At this stage, a woman can overtake such an unpleasant symptom as a toxicosis. In this there is nothing to worry about if it does not have a very pronounced and protracted character, in this case it is best to consult a doctor. Some women in the first trimester may experience such changes:
- a violation of the taste perception of food;
- frequent changes of mood;
- the appearance of drowsiness and headaches.
All this, often, is associated with a change in the hormonal background and the beginning of the body's preparation for bearing and giving birth to a child.
It begins with 14 weeks and ends at 26. This trimester is characterized as the most calm and pleasant period of pregnancy. Intrauterine development of the child continues, and at the same time new sensations appear - this is, of course, the wiggling of the baby, which the expectant mother begins to clearly feel. In primiparas, this occurs at a period of 18-24 weeks, and in the case of moles, you can see from the age of 13, because they already gave birth earlier and know what it is.
Begins from the 27th week and ends with childbirth. The safest intrauterine period of the child's development, but at the same time very restless. The child is already almost formed and, in the case of premature births, is ready for independent existence. A pregnant woman begins to have a feeling of anxiety and fear, frequent movements of the baby are more distinct and at some moments you can even notice how the belly "walks". There are such unpleasant symptoms as heartburn and shortness of breath due to the pressure of the enlarged uterus on the stomach and diaphragm.
Periods of intrauterine development
The physiological process of child development is divided into 3 periods:
- Embryonic (up to 8 weeks) is the most critical. During this period, a responsible exercise takes place for the entire body of the woman - the birth of three leaves, which in the future are differentiated in 3 different directions: the outer leaf is the future placenta and fetal membrane, the middle gives rise to the skeleton, skin and muscles, and the inner is the basis for future internal bodies.
- Fetal (from 9 weeks before birth) - during this period the future baby is called a fetus and the risk of losing a child is significantly reduced. By the end of 3 months of pregnancy, the laying of organs and tissues is coming to an end, but at the same time, their development is intensified. The growth of the head slows down and gradually compares with the trunk, after which the body begins to grow faster than the head. The person begins to acquire human traits, and on the grown genitals it is possible to determine the sex of the child. In the fetal period until the birth continues intrauterine development of the child, the photo below shows it perfectly.
Ultrasound during pregnancy
Currently, ultrasound examination is necessary for evaluationthe vital functions of the fetus and the detection of congenital malformations. In total for the entire period of pregnancy, this procedure should be completed 3-4 times. The first time is 12 weeks, the second - 21-24, the third time - 32 weeks. During this procedure, it is estimated:
- intrauterine development of the child;
- maturity of pregnancy;
- weight and height of the baby;
- its position in the uterine cavity;
- presence of congenital malformations;
- whether there is a cord with the umbilical cord;
- the state of the placenta and amniotic fluid, as well as their number.
Intrauterine child development by month
1 month. In the first month of pregnancy, there are no special changes in the body of a woman. During this period, the fertilization of the egg with the spermatozoon occurs and the formation of the zygote, which will actively divide and be sent to the uterine cavity.
2 month. Intrauterine development of the child in the second month is characterized by the fact that the baby is already forming legs and pens, and fingers on them. All internal systems develop and begin to beat the heart with a frequency of 140-150 beats per minute. The weight of the fetus is 4-5 g, and the height is 2.4-3 cm.
3 month. This month ends 1 trimester of pregnancy. The development of the child continues, and at the same time, vocal cords, tongue, hair and nails begin to form. The first rudiments of the teeth appear in the oral cavity. The digestive and circulatory systems begin their work.
4 month. During this period, the baby becomes larger. All his organs and systems are actively working, and the child himself is already able to bend and unbend limbs, pushing legs. Of the special changes can be noted the development of the cerebral cortex, the auricles and the appearance of an individual pattern on the tips of the little fingers, and the baby becomes sensitive to external sounds.
5 month. All systems and organs continue to improve. If we talk about the intrauterine development of the child by months, then the fifth month is perhaps the most memorable for the first time pregnant woman. At this time, she can feel the stirring of the fetus and feel the baby inside. The lungs are still underdeveloped, so you should better monitor your health in order to avoid premature birth.
6 month. This month of pregnancy carries many changes in the development of the fetus. By this time he had learned to open and close the eyes, on which the cilia appeared, and on top of the crotch. Sexual organs are formed, and on the face individual traits are traced. The baby weighs 750g on this term, and the height is about 30 cm.
7 month. During this period, the brain and lungs are developing rapidly. Subcutaneous fat becomes more and more, so the skin is smoothed and there are fewer wrinkles on it. The growth of the baby this month is 33 cm, and the weight is about 1-1.2 kg.
8 month. During this period, the child significantly increases in weight and increases in growth. His skin is covered with a dense scalp, and the fat layer became even larger. The baby begins to react violently to all external stimuli.
9 month. The final stage of the entire pregnancy. The child by this time is fully formed and ready for independent existence. On his skin completely disappeared lanugo (fluff), and she herself became smooth and pink.
Advice to pregnant women
During all periods of intrauterine development of the child should be adhered to several rules and tips:
- Revise your diet and, if necessary, add to it foods rich in vitamins.
- Do not overwork, sleep and rest is important for the full development of the child.
- At the beginning of pregnancy, folic acid should be taken, naturally, under the supervision of a doctor. Do not use other drugs without prescription.
- If there are bad habits (alcohol, smoking), then it should be abandoned, because They do not exert positive influence, but rather vice versa.
- Often walk in the open air, but in any case not to be supercooled.
- Sexual life with a partner can be continued in the event that there are no contraindications.
- To buy an antenatal and postnatal bandage, it is very useful.
- Clothing should be worn loose, nowhere constraining, shoes should be on a low heel.
Pregnancy is a very important period in the life of a woman and her second half, so worth remembering every moment of this beautiful time and just enjoy it.