Technical progress, as you know, does not stand still, but no matter how many new devices appear, the usual bucket has always been, is and will be in every home. This is an indispensable thing in every household. And at the dacha so at all without it simply can not do.
What are buckets for?
In urban conditions, food buckets are not often used for their true purpose - as a cookware. More and more they serve for washing windows and floors or collecting garbage. At the cottage everything is different. Without these reliable "helpers" the owners simply can not do.
- In the absence of a water pipe, food pails are used to bring water from a spring or well.
- In a bucket you can collect mushrooms, berries, potatoes, beets, carrots, pears, apples and much more. And fit a lot, and carry comfortably.
- Often they sour cabbage, salted cucumbers, make the soaked apples.
- The bucket is an indispensable assistant for garden work. Water is collected in it, fertilizers are planted, sawdust is collected before the layout.
This is one of the most popular options. Due to the great demand for this product, the range of plastic buckets is much wider than all the others. Color and shape can be very different. The bucket volume is from 1 to 70 liters. These products are easy and simple to operate. The price is inexpensive.
For food purposes, buckets from 1 to 20 liters having a special label (pp or hdpe) are considered ideal, meaning that they can be used for food because they are made from food plastic. Also sometimes there is an image of a fork and a glass. In such buckets keep fruits, berries, vegetables, bulk products and much more.
For buckets and garden works larger buckets are more suitable. "Non-food" plastic is marked with the letters "pvc".
This is one of the most sturdy products that can easily withstand many, so to speak, "tests":
- They can transport or store any liquid.
- A metal bucket can be used for its intended purpose, even if it is deformed and dented.
- Such products are not afraid of temperature changes. In the cold they do not crack, they do not melt from the fire.
- This is an indispensable thing in construction work.
The most common are metal buckets:
- Enameled. The most common and beloved by many mistresses is the model. Such buckets are made of thin sheet steel, coated with glass enamel. Used for food and liquid. The color, shape and volume of the bucket - the choice of buyers. Use such products at t up to 100 C. Enamelled buckets do not rust, do not oxidize, are completely reliable and durable. If necessary, you can buy a bucket with a lid.
- Stainless steel. This is a universal option. They are suitable for food, and in construction work, and in the garden. Stainless buckets are light enough, but very strong and durable, do not need special care. They can serve up to 20 years and even longer.
- Tin. With the help of such buckets it is convenient to do cleaning: they withstand any, the most aggressive cleaning solutions. At the dacha they can store vegetables, fruits and berries, build fertilizers in them, and have construction materials: rubble, sand, peat, etc. How many liters are in the bucket? Volumes can be very different. Most often get buckets of 10 liters. Products in special care do not need.
- Galvanized. Such buckets are quite comfortable and durable. But it is highly recommended not to store food for a long time. Fruits, vegetables and berries can be kept in them for not more than a day. Also in galvanized buckets nothing can be preserved, sour, boil and cook. Products do not rust, they are easy to wash, they serve for a long time. Excellent option for household and construction needs.
Every housewife has an iron or plastic bucket in the house, but not everyone can boast of a wooden bucket. But this product has many advantages over its iron or plastic counterparts, but it requires a bit more attention than all the others.
A wooden bucket is a container that is unique in its breadth of use. It is made of environmentally friendly material - wood.
This container is ideal for pickling vegetables, and for use in a sauna and a bath, where it is possible to steam brooms, transfer and store water. A bucket of wood does not emit harmful fumes. On the contrary, the medicinal substances that are contained in the wood will give the water useful properties and softness, and the brooms will be added with elasticity.
For pickles you can buy a bucket with a lid. Since such products are made without the use of adhesives, the products in them will be delicious, fragrant and useful.
A wooden bucket is also used to create a certain atmosphere and entourage. Such products are popular:
- In restaurants, clubs and cafes, in which the interior is designed in the style of old taverns or hunting lodges.
- In holiday homes and hotels in the style of ancestral estates, estates or castles of yesteryear.
- In baths and saunas. This is the most extensive area of their use, as it is rarely possible to find a Russian bath that does not have a wooden bucket.
- For all sorts of thematic events, reconstruction of past events, shooting clips, movies, commercials and various programs, you may also need a new or old wooden bucket.
- There are owners of log houses, who love to decorate the room in the style of the ancient Russian chambers.
- Such a product will be an excellent gift. It is not only very useful in everyday life, but it also looks very attractive.
The strength of wooden buckets largely depends on the choice of wood. These products are made of oak, pine, cedar, fir, linden, aspen and alder. The wood of these trees is light, durable, easy to process.
Wood products with time, as a rule, crack, there are cracks and gaps on the joints on the side and bottom. Multiple swelling-drying of wood can lead to the fact that pouring water into an unprepared bucket, on the floor you can find a puddle. The task of the owners is to eliminate this unpleasant moment and prevent the appearance of fungus and mold.
There are several rules for the proper care of wooden products.
It is not recommended to use a new wooden bucket, without pre-steaming it. To do this, approximately three days before its use, it is necessary to pour into it boiling water, close tightly and leave until the water cools down completely. The boards will swell and cracks will disappear.
After using the bucket you must wash it. To do this, put several large pieces of quicklime on its bottom, fill it with water and close it tightly. The steam formed inside will impregnate all the boards and extract acid and tannin from them.
After about 3 hours, lime water is poured and poured already with clean water and thoroughly washed the inner surface. Buckets treated with lime water, almost never mold.
Before the first use in a wooden bucket for the bath pour boiling water, wait a few minutes, drain the water and thoroughly clean the entire inner surface of grease stains, dirt, etc. Then rinse with hot water.
When you have finished bathing, you must pour out the old water, rinse the bucket thoroughly with hot water, wipe it dry, and then put it in a dry and cool place upstairs. In the steam room it should not be left in any case.
After a while, if there is a leak, 2-3 hours before use, pour cool water into it (the wood will soak up, swell, and cracks, cracks and gaps will be eliminated). Then they are showered with boiling water.
That's all the simple and simple actions to properly care for the wooden bucket for the bath. If you adhere to them, you can prolong its "life" for a sufficiently long period of time without any risk to harm your health. Many people are interested in how many liters are in a bucket for a bath? Volumes can be very different, but most often they use products of 12-20 liters.