At what age can sterilize cats and whether to do it
To sterilize a cat or not? This question is raised by many owners. After all, from an ethical point of view it's wrong, but on the other hand, this procedure is able to relieve owners and their Pets from many problems. If you decide on such a measure for a pet, we recommend you to read this article and find out at what age to sterilize cats.
Before to answer your question, I would like to note that with this procedure you will be able to:
- to save the cat from the sexual instincts, and therefore from suffering: because of the cats living in the house are not able to meet their needs
- to prevent unwanted pregnancies and kittens
- to avoid aggressive behavior of a pet
- to exclude the probability of cancers of the reproductive system of the cat.
The disadvantages of sterilization include:
- cats deprived of reproductive organs, have a greater tendency to obesity
- the procedure involves incisions, and therefore scars for life
- complications after surgery, particularly cancer of the breast
- there is the probability of occurrence of urolithiasis.
At what age can sterilize cats?
In fact, no age limits for this procedure are not available, and, if desired, it is possible to put even an animal, who is 2 years and 5 years. However, expert opinions about at what age can sterilize cats, some diverge. It is believed that the body of the pet at a young age to tolerate the surgery much easier and recovery will be much faster, and the animal itself do not even understand what was happening to him, whereas an adult cat can move sterilization much worse. The ideal age is the period when the cat has already formed, but it has not yet started flowing, usually 5-7 months. Sterilization produced in that time will be the best option, since no processes in the animal body are not violated. It should be noted that some breeds Mature earlier than their relatives. We are talking about the Eastern representatives, namely: Siamese, Abyssinian, Burmese. While Persian cats, Siberian, Maine coons Mature later. At what age can sterilize cats? If you managed and conducted the procedure in the period before the first heat, the risk of complications is very low and amounts to only 1%. In the case that the first heat has already been, it already increases to 10%. Complications include novoobrazovaniya mammary glands.
Foreign veterinarians believe that in 2 months sterilization for cats are the least painless and most effective. They proved that removing the reproductive organs does not affect the development of the pet and the more he did not prevent.
So now you know how much it is possible to sterilize a cat. And whether to do it or to save an animal's ability to reproduce — you have to decide for yourself.