Moderate polyhydramnios: causes, symptoms, treatment
Moderate polyhydramnios is excessive amniotic fluid. Such a diagnosis can place on any term of pregnancy. It is not very common complication. It occurs in about 2-3 women out of 99. Expectant mothers during pregnancy is necessary to monitor the amount of liquid. That is, necessary planning to attend ultrasound and regularly go to the gynecologist.
For the normal development of the pregnancy the amount of amniotic fluid should not exceed 1-1,5 liters. It is composed of proteins, calcium salts, sodium, chloride and water that is approximately 96%. Thanks to the amniotic fluid the child receives all necessary substances for normal development. Another function of water is to protect the toddler. In it, he can move and move, without risking injuries and other damages.
Properties of the amniotic fluid
The amniotic fluid has the following properties:
- It protects the fetus from external stimuli: noise, impact, shock.
- Prevents compression or squashing of the umbilical cord.
- Reduces pain during labor.
- Helps to open the cervix.
- Prevents harmful to the fetus and of substances from the outside world.
- Contains immunoglobulins.
The quantity of liquid changes during pregnancy. Each trimester has its own rules. What they can see from the table below.
From 39-40 weeks and until the birth, the amount of water is reduced. Doctors are guided by average. And when you deviate from the norm in any direction diagnosed mild oligohydramnios or polyhydramnios.
The normal after 30 weeks of pregnancy
The diagnosis of polyhydramnios, the doctor can put in any term of pregnancy. But to talk about the deviation is possible only after 20 weeks. If at the second ultrasound the diagnosis was not confirmed, then the next time will only detect during the third routine ultrasound moderate polyhydramnios. 32 weeks is the time when you need to constantly go to the antenatal clinic. An experienced doctor will help the pregnant woman to control their condition. He diagnoses the problem, even if the woman has no complaints.
By the way, you can detect it not only in ultrasound, but when Doppler, and during the inspection. Moderate polyhydramnios during pregnancy (32 weeks) stage when the amount of amniotic fluid reaches 1500-1900 ml. When the woman feels like in the belly of the water, and the child frequently moved. Similar to the discomfort pregnant can feel and at a later period. At the eighth month it can torment moderate polyhydramnios. 34 weeks is another critical period. At this period a similar diagnosis when the normal amount of liquid is exceeded by 200-400 ml.
Reasons that can cause polyhydramnios
Currently, doctors have not studied before the end of reasons because of which there is a moderate polyhydramnios during pregnancy. But they identified several hypothetical factors that can trigger the problem:
- Deviations in fetal development.
- Disease infectious nature, which moved the woman.
- The bacterial disease.
- Some illnesses of system of blood vessels and heart.
- Conflict RH factor in the fetus and the mother.
- Elevated sugar levels in a pregnant woman.
- Kidney disease (pyelonephritis and the like).
- When developing several of the fruit.
- If the baby is large enough.
Even when there is a single cause may appear moderate polyhydramnios.
Recognize abnormalities associated with polyhydramnios, it is possible by the following symptoms:
- Enlarged stomach, which does not meet the deadlines.
- During auscultation the heart of a child is bad.
- Increased mobility of the fetus.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- The appearance of stretch marks.
When inspection and palpation, the doctor will notice abdominal tenderness and high predlagayu part. Most often, when this deviation is pregnant difficult to notice polyhydramnios.
Moderate polyhydramnios is treated by eliminating the cause. After passing all necessary tests and examinations the doctor will be able to determine the causes of this pathology. Therapy appointed complex. It includes diuretics (diuretics), antibiotics, and vitamins. They help to reduce the amount of water to destroy harmful microorganisms, boost immunity and improve health. If the treatment does not bring results, in some cases, cause birth. This happens not before 35 weeks of pregnancy.
Deviation is dangerous because it can cause serious consequences for both the mother and the child. These include:
- Premature birth.
- Detachment of the placenta.
- The death of the fetus.
- Occurrence of abnormalities in the development of the baby.
- Infection of the mother and child.
- Prolapse of the umbilical cord or limbs of the fetus.
- Neotominae and uncommitted previa.
- Gestosis of a different nature.
Also, the child cannot occupy a normal position, is in constant motion due to the large amount of water.
Prevention of disease
In order to prevent its occurrence, you must apply a few simple rules. The expectant mother is recommended:
- To move more.
- Normalized to use the liquid.
- To eat a balanced.
- Drinking vitamins and medicines prescribed by your doctor.
- In a timely manner and to undergo regular screening tests.
- To visit a doctor.
Also in the early stages it is necessary to eliminate the conflict RH factor of the mother and fetus. If you follow all recommendations and adhere to these simple rules, the probability of occurrence of the maximum deflection will decrease. By the way, the pathology occurs most often due to infections and conflict RH factor. Therefore, before pregnancy get tested and treatment if needed.