Titanium frame for glasses: varieties, advantages and disadvantages
According to statistics, the titanium frame for glasses is used in the manufacture of optics for vision correction, which occupies only 25% of the market. However, despite this, the material is one of the best solutions for manufacturing such products. Let's look at the advantages and disadvantages of the titanium frame for glasses.
One important rule applies to titanium: the higher the percentage of pure metal in the product structure, the better it is and, therefore, the more expensive. With this in mind, several products are distinguished:
- Titanium frame for glasses from a clean base - contains about 90-100% of metal. Products of this category are in demand among consumers who appreciate high quality and know a lot about reliable accessories. Advantages of this solution are: almost imperceptible weight, hypoallergenicity and special longevity.
- Combined titanium frame for glasses - the content of pure metal here is from 75 to 80%. The rest of the material is made up of other components. Most manufacturers resort to the use of this technology in the manufacture of glasses.
- The frame of beta-titanium - the material includes a significant percentage of impurities in the form of aluminum and vanadium. The first gives the product special lightness. The second is additional hardness. The main advantage of such frames is the affordable price, as well as the possibility of coloring surfaces.
- Frame "with memory" - consists of 50% of titanium and nickel, the remaining 50% - impurities. Products of this category quickly take the original form with a slight deformation.
How to make sure of the authenticity of the titanium rim?
There are several simple ways that you can avoid buying a counterfeit. It is most simple to determine if a titanium frame is made-compare its weight to a stainless steel product. The latter should weigh about 50% more.
To evaluate the authenticity allows a thorough examination of the product. On the surface of the metal and in the joints should not contain traces of discoloration of the coating, corrosion.
When buying online, it is much more difficult to identify genuine titanium frames for men's glasses. The photos of the presented products in this case should demonstrate the presence of washers at the junctions of the elements of the product. Fasteners must be placed under bolts and nuts, which protects them from unwinding when in contact with the surface of titanium.
Let's highlight the main advantages of using titanium as a material for the manufacture of frames:
- The highest strength - glasses made from such metal, have almost unlimited lifetime.
- Lightness - the material is slightly light, which affects the ease of operation of the frame.
- Elasticity - the property of metal to bending prevents premature breakage of glasses.
- Resistance to corrosion - with careful use of the frame for a long time retains its original, attractive appearance.
What minuses does the titanium frame for glasses have? Customer feedback indicates that such products are free from defects, except for high prices. On average, products of this category cost consumers 2-3 times more expensive than glasses made from more common materials. Most likely, this explains the rather low demand for such products.
Another disadvantage is the repair of the titanium rim of glasses is possible only in special workshops that have the appropriate welding equipment. However, when buying products of authoritative brands made from really high-quality material, the chances of accidental breakage of arcs or frames are critically small.
Glasses with titanium rims look the best solution for users who experience certain inconveniences when using products from other materials. Products made from such metal, it becomes a find, first of all, for people who suffer from allergies to nickel (it is a common material in the production of glasses elements). Winning from wearing products from titanium users who, due to the specific shape of the face, need flexible, deformed frames.