One eye catches: the causes and characteristics of treatment
When a person decides to get a cat or a cat, he should be ready for some "surprises". These animals, like other fauna, can be sick. The health of the pet should be monitored.
Naturally, if there are any alarming symptoms, then you need to exclude a serious pathology and conduct the necessary treatment of the animal.
Sometimes cats can develop watery eyes. It is best in this case to show the pet to the doctor. Perhaps there is nothing terrible here and this condition is peculiar to nature, especially if it is a Persian cat.
In any case, when the eyes are watering the cat, what to treat and how to care, only the doctor will tell. So without the help of a professional, you will not manage.
The main reasons for this phenomenon
Such a problem or feature may appear not only in an adult, but also in a small kitten. If the teardrop in the kitten, the case, most likely, is that the pet is too small to care for itself correctly. To help him simply: you need to wipe the face a couple of times a day with a piece of pure material (a bandage or a soft sponge). In some cases, the doctor appoints a kitten to drip special droplets for the eyes. Also, in addition to poor care, a small animal can be reduced immune defense. In this case, any microorganisms "settled" in the eye, can cause lacrimation.
In such "gentle" breeds as sphinxes and reks, there is a feature of the eyes - the twist of the century. In this case, the wool damages the cornea, and one eye catches in the cat, and sometimes both. In such a situation, the treatment is aimed at preventing co-morbid diseases that can arise if a bacterial infection joins. But this is a kind of prevention. It is not possible to get rid of the problem with conventional medications. Only surgical treatment will help if the owners, of course, decide on this, and also if there are no prohibitions on medical indications.
If one eye catches, why else is it? An obvious cause may be an elementary allergy. Perhaps the animal got into the eye some kind of chemistry: shampoo, detergent, powder, perfume or even feed of other animals.
In addition to lacrimation, other symptoms of an unpleasant disease may appear.
- The cat is watered and festering. There can be several reasons. The most common is inflammation of the conjunctiva (conjunctivitis). Such a nuisance happens when pathogenic bacteria enter the eye. The most dangerous eye diseases caused by the herpes virus, as well as calciviroz. As a rule, in an adult animal this disease can proceed secretly, without external manifestations. Although in small kittens, it still shows a profuse current from the eyes.
- Chlamydia are parasites that can also cause conjunctivitis. To make the correct diagnosis it is possible only after the analysis of the liquid selected from the eye. Based on the results, the doctor selects the drugs for treatment.
- One cat catches one eye and with such pathologies as inflammation, keratitis and cataract. But lacrimation is also added to the turbidity of the eye.
- The problem is due to neoplasms.
- If the cat sneezes and watery eyes, what to do will tell only the specialist. Most likely, the pet has caught a cold because of hypothermia. Have you noticed similar symptoms in your pet? Then get ready also for the treatment of a cold in an animal.
- If the cat snot and watery eyes, it means that the inflammation of the nasal mucosa began. This disease is called, as in humans, rhinitis. But it can be a consequence not only of a cold, but also allergies. As with conjunctivitis, the cause can be chemicals used in everyday life. They are very irritating to the larynx and bronchi, because of what increases the flow of serous secretions. If there is no way to show the animal to the doctor, you can help it yourself - rinse the nasal cavity with a solution of boric acid 2%. If the improvement does not occur, you will have to show the pet to the vet.
The main symptoms of pathologies
The intensity of lachrymation in cats depends on the underlying disease. If it is severe enough, the symptoms are pronounced: eczema, dermatitis, a loss of hair and a change in the skin around the orbit. Sometimes the disease affects only one eye. As already mentioned, this is not due to inflammation, but to a more severe pathology (swelling, glaucoma, etc.).
Allocations may be different: dense, which literally glue the cat's eyes together, or profuse lacrimation with reddening mucous and severe itching.
If the disease is not treated and does not help the pet, very soon the condition of the cat will worsen. She refuses to eat, will be afraid of light and water, the temperature will rise to a critical level.
If a pet has a flow from both eyes, it is most likely an inflammation that does not require serious treatment. But when one cat catches one eye - this is a sure occasion to show up to the vet as soon as possible. After the examination, the doctor will decide which studies to assign. And only by their results it will be possible to judge what the cat got sick and how to treat it.
It is very important to give the doctor all the information about the pet. Does he have vaccinations, what does he eat, is there an allergy or trauma.
How to treat lachrymation?
- If the eye sores are watered due to allergies, first of all, you need to get rid of the allergen and give the animal supporting drugs (anti-allergic). In addition, if you remove the irritant, the symptoms will disappear by themselves.
- The cause of the pathology is an infection? First, a specialist will determine its nature and only then will prescribe a treatment. Most often these are antiviral drugs or antibacterial agents (antibiotics).
- When one eye catches in a cat, first of all, one must think about the non-infectious nature of this problem. A veterinarian selects drops for each cat individually.
- If a pet has an eye injury or a foreign object inside, it can be helped only in a clinical setting.
In order to notice the disease in time, to avoid complications and other troubles in your pet, you must carefully monitor it. Inspect hair, skin and, most importantly, eyes. They should be the same in form, not cloudy, without redness and discharge.
If the kitten is small, you can wash his eyes with special droplets or simple boiled water, which you can add "Furacilin".
Animals after a year cope with eye hygiene independently.
A longhaired cat can sometimes trim a fur around the eyes. The same can be done with claws, if the animal traumatizes itself by them.
In the event that the eyes are still tingled due to lack of care, then, most likely, there was conjunctivitis. Then you can try to use levomitsetinovuyu ointment.
But once again, remember that when one eye catches, it's an excuse to immediately go to a veterinary clinic! Particular attention to your animal and compliance with all of the above rules will help avoid problems not only with the eyes, but also will enable it to remain healthy and happy.