Tear one eye in cats: causes and treatment
When a person decided to get a cat or a cat, it needs to be prepared for some "surprises". These animals, like other fauna, you can get sick. For the health of a pet you need to follow.
Of course, if there were any alarming symptoms, it is necessary to exclude serious pathology and to perform the necessary treatment of the animal.
Sometimes, cats may experience watery eyes. It is best in this case to show the pet doctor. Perhaps there is nothing wrong and it's a condition inherent in nature, especially if it's a Persian cat.
In any case, when watery eyes in cats, what to treat and how to care, tell a doctor. So without the help of a professional do not work.
The main reasons for this phenomenon
A problem or feature may appear not only in adults, but a small kitten. If tearing the kitten, the case is, most likely, is that the pet is too young to care for themselves properly. To help him just a couple times a day wipe face with a piece of clean material (a bandage or soft sponge). In some cases, the doctor appoints to throw at the kitten special drops for the eyes. Also, in addition to poor care at the small animal can be reduced immune defense. In this case, any microorganisms that are "settled" in the eye may cause lacrimation.
Such "gentle" breeds like Sphynx and Rex cats, there is a feature eye – entropion century. The hairs hurt the cornea, and tear one's eyes from the cat, and sometimes both. In this situation, treatment is aimed at preventing comorbidities that can occur if you join a bacterial infection. But this kind of prevention. To get rid of the conventional medications fail. Helps only the surgical treatment, if the owners, of course, it will be solved, and if there are no restrictions for medical reasons.
If to tear one's eyes from the cat, then why have it happen? The apparent reason can be a basic Allergy. Perhaps the animal in the eye has got some chemistry: shampoo, detergent, powder, perfume or even food for other animals.
In addition to tearing, there may be other symptoms of some unpleasant illnesses.
- The cat fester and watery eyes. The reasons can be several. The most common is inflammation of the conjunctiva (conjunctivitis). Such trouble happens if in your eye bacteria. The most dangerous diseases of the eye caused by the herpes virus, as well as calicivirus. As a rule, adult animals, the disease can occur secretly without external manifestations. Although young kittens, it still appears abundant within of the eye.
- Chlamydia – parasites that can also cause conjunctivitis. Correct diagnosis is possible only after the analysis of fluid extracted from the eye. Based on the results, the doctor selects drugs for the treatment.
- The cat tear one eye and in pathologies such as inflammation, keratitis, and cataracts. But the tearing is the clouding of the eye.
- The problem appears to be due to neoplasms.
- If the cat sneezes and watery eyes that do tell a specialist. Likely home favorite cold due to hypothermia. Noticed similar symptoms in their pet? Then get ready to the treatment of the common cold in the animal.
- If the cat snot and watery eyes, it means inflammation of the nasal mucosa. This disease is called, as in humans, rhinitis. But he can be the consequence of not only colds, but also allergies. As conjunctivitis, the cause may be the chemicals used in the home. They are very irritate the throat and bronchial tubes, causing increased expectoration of serous secretions. If it is not possible to show the animal to the doctor, you can help him to self – rinse the nasal cavity with a solution of boric acid 2%. If there is no improvement, will have to show the pet's veterinarian.
The main symptoms of pathologies
The intensity of watery eyes in cats depends on the underlying disease. If it is sufficiently serious, the symptoms expressed clearly: there are eczema, dermatitis, there is fur loss and skin changes around the eye sockets. Sometimes the disease affects only one eye. As already mentioned, it is not associated with inflammation and with more severe pathology (tumor, glaucoma, etc.).
The allocation can be different: thick, which literally glue the cat's eye, or abundant watery eyes with redness of the mucosa and severe itching.
If the disease is not treated and does not help the pet, very soon the condition of the cat worsens. She will refuse to eat, be afraid of light and water, the temperature rises to a critical level.
If the pet is observed for both eyes, then it is most likely inflammation, which does not require serious treatment. But when the cats tear one eye is a sure reason as soon as possible to see a vet. After examination, the doctor will decide which study to assign. And only their results will be judged, than a sick cat and how to treat it.
It is very important to provide your doctor with all the information about the pet. Does he have vaccinations than he eats, Allergy or injury.
How to treat watery eyes?
- If the eyes are watery because of allergies, you first need to get rid of the allergen and give support to the animal drugs (anti-allergic). Besides, if you remove the irritant, the symptoms will disappear by themselves.
- Cause of pathology — infection? First, the specialist will define its nature and only then prescribe treatment. Most often it is antiviral drugs or antibacterial agents (antibiotics).
- When to tear one's eyes from the cat, first of all, you need to think about the noninfectious nature of the problem. The vet picks up drops for each cat individually.
- If the pet eye injury or a foreign object inside, to help only in the clinical setting.
To spot disease, avoid complications and other troubles have a pet, you should carefully watch him. Inspect the fur, skin and, most importantly, eyes. They should be the same in form, not muddy, without redness and discharge.
If the kitten is small, you can wash his eyes with special drops, or plain boiled water to which you can add "Furatsilin".
Animals after years of coping with the hygiene of the eyes themselves.
Long-haired cat, you can sometimes trim the fur around the eyes. The same can be done with the claws if the animal can injure yourself with them.
If the eyes still watering from lack of care, it is likely to have any conjunctivitis. Then you can try to use levomicetinom ointment.
But again you need to remember that when you tear one eye cat, it's a reason to immediately go to the veterinary clinic! Special attention to your animal and respect all of the above rules will help avoid problems not only with the eyes, and enable him to stay healthy and happy.