Secrets of experienced summer residents, or How to install a plastic cellar
For those who wear the proud name "summer resident", a plastic cellar has long been no news. It is made of environmentally friendly material, which is absolutely safe. Such a plastic cellar is a fenced room. For waterproofing, you do not even have to worry. In addition, it is 100% airtight. And this is for any host is, perhaps, one of the main characteristics.
A plastic cellar for dacha is just a salvation for gardeners and truck farmers. Now do not puzzle over where to store a rich harvest of vegetables or fruits.
Advantages of plastic cellars
Compared to conventional cellars, this device has several advantages.
- It reliably protects the contents from rodents. They simply do not have the opportunity to penetrate.
- Install a plastic cellar is much easier than a conventional brick-concrete.
- Special protective devices allow us to talk about reliability in operation.
- To prevent excessive moisture, the plastic cellar is equipped with a special ventilation system that is attached to the racks.
- Convenience of everyday use is provided by a metal staircase, lights and maintenance hatch. Here it is necessary to explain one nuance: wooden shelves and lamps are not included in the kit, they must be purchased, if you have such a desire, for a separate fee.
Installation of a plastic cellar
Buy a plastic cellar - it's half the battle. It must be properly installed. The installation process is fairly simple and does not require special skills. Any gardener-lover can cope with this task.
- As you know, the construction of any cellar begins with a pit. This rule also works in this case.
- After the pit is ready, its bottom is concreted. For greater stability, you can put a plate on the bottom.
- Then begins the process of installing the cellar. Remember that if its walls look out from under the ground, then they need to be insulated.
- The next stage is connected with fixing the cellar. With the help of polymer lanyards, the plastic construction reliably binds to the concrete base.
- If after installation you notice a loose fit of the walls of the cellar, any slots, it is desirable to fill them with cement or sand.
That's all, your cellar is ready.
Many summer residents are interested in the most popular cellar designs and the price of them. As for the cost, it is quite affordable for any garden gardener. Considering the fact that a plastic cellar will last you a long time, its price can be considered quite acceptable.
Among the models the most popular plastic cellar is the caisson. What are its features? And here is what:
- Plastic is not susceptible to rust, so you do not have to additionally handle the caisson with anti-corrosion agents.
- Such a cellar is distinguished by its increased lightness, so its installation is many times simpler.
- The caisson is capable of withstanding low temperatures, and unlike metal, it does not need additional insulation.
- This storage is absolutely hermetic, which eliminates water leakage.
- Strength of the caisson is not inferior to other materials. Sometimes cellars are made with additional ribs, which increases the service life to 50 years.
Thus, a plastic cellar is such a device that will not only facilitate the life of a summer resident, but also will not worry about the safety of vegetables and fruits.