From what age to teach the children to the pot
Each mother carefully watches the development of her child, worrying about whether he eats properly, whether he started to crawl, sit and walk in time. She painstakingly introduces the lure, wean from the chest and thinks about how quickly and painlessly it is done. Particular attention is paid to issues of hygiene of the baby. Despite the fact that at present the use of reusable diapers makes it much easier to keep the baby skin clean and dry, sooner or later the time comes when the parent thinks: from what age is it necessary to accustom a child to a pot? Find the exact answer is unlikely to succeed. But to understand all the nuances and secrets of success or failure in such a responsible matter will help this article.
Savings, neatness or just nothing to do?
To begin with, you need to figure out where and why this agiotage arises around a seemingly simple and ordinary affair, connected with a child's simple device-a pot. After all, there is no child who never learned to use this simple subject.
Here are the main reasons that encourage young mothers to teach children neatness.
- They want something and prove it to someone. Begin to do this, for example, from such considerations that all familiar children have long been asking themselves "pi-pi", and their baby "is not worse than the rest." Sometimes, on the contrary, mummies want to stand out among their friends. After all, all the kids are still wearing diapers, and their crumbs are "special"!
- Someone wants to save money on washing clothes and buying expensive diapers or simply with diapers tired of messing around.
- The third reason. Mom somewhere read that after reaching a certain age the child already walks on the pot, and was frightened. Is her child behind in development?
Some mothers are completely uninteresting at what age it is necessary to accustom a child to a pot. They are calm and confident that everything will happen by itself and in due time. This is at best. Worse, when, on the contrary, the parents are overwhelmed by doubts about the fact that the child can not cope, and they are afraid to undertake even attempts to teach to the pot. After all, if the result is negative, it will entail a lot of anxieties and worries that their kid does not correspond to some norms of development.
If you are wondering at what age and how to accustom a child to a pot, you need to know two important points. It is necessary to understand that this is a special skill that is of great importance for the organism, and take into account the individual readiness of the baby to learn to recognize and control its desires and actions associated with these processes. Readiness comes with a certain maturity of the psyche.
Opinion of specialists
No pediatrician will say when to properly accustom a child to a pot. It is considered that it is most expedient to start this process when the baby reaches 18 months. This conclusion is based on the physiological characteristics of the body, since before this age, urination and stools have a reflex character. The crumb does not feel the filling of the excretory organs and can not control the actions for their emptying. It means, quite naturally and normally, that he can "manage his affairs" at any time, and it does not matter what he was doing before. So, the expression "childish surprises" is valid. It becomes clear why the child's parents are wasting their time and effort to develop a persistent skill. This happens if they do not know from what age to accustom children to the pot.
If to speak from the point of view of science, then all processes are controlled by the brain, into which certain signals arrive. Recognize the transfer of such impulses of the nervous system baby will be closer to two years. For example, children begin to feel the filling of the rectum a little earlier than the feeling of having to empty the bladder.
How to determine the willingness of the child?
Many mothers prefer to listen to pediatrician advice, which is constantly observed. An experienced doctor will be able to tell from the point of view of science from what age to start teaching a child to a pot better. He is able to assess the state of the nervous system, the level of psychological development of the baby, as well as the organs that are involved in the processes of urination and defecation. The doctor will ask about the skills and achievements of the baby and help to draw a conclusion as to whether it is time to get acquainted with the pot.
Usually this period is timed to the moment when the crumb can confidently sit and walk, show gestures or sounds that he wants to go to the toilet. When he understands and knows how to carry out simple instructions, expresses dissatisfaction with soaked underwear, seeks to take off or put on panties, imitate adults.
Other signs of the baby's readiness
- Can stay dry for 2 hours or more during the day.
- Moments of bowel movements become predictable and regular.
- When it is easy to determine that the child is performing bowel movements or urination (postures, facial expressions, stop playing).
Of course, not all of these signs should be. Attentive and caring mothers are usually able to determine them and decide from what age to accustom children to the pot.
From theory to practice
For the baby in this case it is important that the training takes place in natural and quiet conditions. It is unacceptable to make a crumb do something, if he does not show desire, protest, and scold him. The same applies to the potty training. Do not start if: the child is sick or just recovered; the family recently replenished; was moving to another apartment or some crisis. In such cases it is absolutely not at all important from what age to teach the children to the pot. It is better to postpone training, so as not to expose the baby to additional stress.
Few pay attention to the fact that one should not combine several classes. That is, sitting on a pot, the child should not be distracted, for example, on toys, TV or food.
- Plant the child on the pot at least two times a day. But without excessive zeal (for 5-10 minutes). Otherwise, it will quickly bother him.
- The first time can be planted directly in a diaper, panties, pantyhose or sliders (so as not to cause unpleasant sensations, for example, from contact with the cold).
- If there is no result within 5-10 minutes, raise the crumb, let it play until the next time.
- In a few days, you can try to plant on a pot without a diaper.
- Offer the baby a pot if you notice that it is tense, presses. Some babies are hiding in the corners, under the table, when they want to go to the toilet. But be careful not to frighten the baby, otherwise he will restrain his urination.
- You should stop using diapers during the day. After all, the child almost does not know what it means to be wet, and does not understand the need to walk on the pot. A crumb that is used to diapers is harder to teach. In this sense it is easier, when the kid is accustomed from the first days to dry clothes. Then, if he describes himself, he does not like the feeling of wet panties. And my mother may have fewer problems when solving the problem, how to teach the child to the pot and from what age.
- Be sure to invite the baby to go to the toilet before going to bed. It is also effective to plant a baby on the pot after eating and sleeping. Do not give him a lot of fluids for the night.
The expression of the joy of the parents, when the crumb turns out on the pot to do their thing, positively affects the learning outcomes. The baby will not erroneously feel that the mother's attitude towards him does not depend on his success.
Tell your child why a pot is needed. The baby is clearer example. Some mothers show him how to use a pot with a doll or a soft toy. Other parents take crumbs with them to the toilet so that he can imagine how adults cope with their need. A small child does not yet perceive sexual differences as to how this is done. Still others demonstrate how the used diaper goes into the pot.
Sometimes mothers of girls worry that until now the baby does not go to the pot. Although it is believed that they develop faster, in fact, there is no difference in this issue. How to teach a pot to a boy and a girl? When to start? Here, in each case, there must be an individual approach. Some sources have information that it is a little more difficult for boys to manage their muscles during urination due to their physiological characteristics.
Instead of concluding
To wear diapers or not to carry a child, and from what age to accustom children to a pot - this is an individual matter. In any case, the natural reflexes of the crumb are also produced, and the formation of the sensation and understanding of the need for emptying the release organs all the same occurs when it is foreseen by nature.
Hence the conclusion - the more the baby is developed by the time the mother decides to start the training, the less effort, effort and time will be needed to achieve the final result - using the pot for the intended purpose.
However, do not be upset if you can not cope with the problem for a long time. It's just a question of patience and time. Now we know at what age and how to teach the child to the pot.