What age to teach children to the pot
Every mom carefully monitors your child's development, worrying whether he eats, whether the time began to crawl, sit and walk. It is laborious to introduce solid foods, wean from the breast and think about how quick and painless to do. Special attention is paid to issues of hygiene of the baby. Despite the fact that currently the use of reusable nappies much easier task on the content of children's skin clean and dry, sooner or later there comes a time when a parent will wonder at what age it is necessary to accustom the child to the potty? To find exact answer is unlikely. But to understand all the nuances and secrets of success or failure in such an important matter will help this article.
Economy, neatness, or just have nothing to do?
To begin to understand how and why there is the hype surrounding the seemingly simple and ordinary things associated with children's simple tool — the pot. Because there is no child who did not learn to use this simple object.
Here are the main reasons that push young mothers to teach children of neatness.
- Want something and to prove something to someone. You start to, for example, from these considerations that all the friends the children have already themselves ask to go "pee-pee" and their baby "not worse others". Sometimes, on the contrary, my want to stand out among his friends. After all the kids are still in diapers go, and their little one is "special"!
- Someone wants to save on Laundry and buying expensive diapers or just diapers tired.
- The third reason. Mom read somewhere that after a certain age the child already goes to the potty and got scared. Not far behind her child in development?
An important point
Some mothers were not interested at what age you need to teach a child to potty. They are calm and confident that everything will happen naturally and in time. This is the best. Worse, when, on the contrary, the parents had their doubts about the fact that the child will not cope, and they are afraid to take even the attempts of potty training. Indeed, in that case, if the result is negative, it will entail a lot of anxieties and worries that their child does not meet any standards development.
If you are wondering, at what age and how to teach a child to potty, you must know two important points. You need to understand that this is a special skill of great importance for the body, and take into account the individual readiness of the child learn to recognize and control their own impulses and actions associated with these processes. Readiness comes with a certain maturity of mind.
No pediatrician can't tell when to correctly teach a child to potty. It is believed that the most expedient to start this process when the baby is 18 months. This conclusion is based on the physiological characteristics of the organism, because before this age the urination and the chair had a have reflex character. The baby does not feel the filling of the excretory organs and can not control the actions of their evacuation. This means, quite naturally and normally that he may at any time to "handle his business", it does not matter what he was busy before. So, true expression "baby surprise". It becomes clear why the parents are wasting time and effort to develop a durable skill. This happens if they don't know what age to teach children to the pot.
Speaking from the point of view of science, then all processes are controlled by the brain, which receives certain signals. To recognize the transmission of such impulses of the nervous system of the baby gets closer to two years. For example, the filling of the rectum children start to feel a little earlier than a feeling of need to empty the bladder.
How to determine the readiness of the child?
Many mothers prefer to listen to the advice of a pediatrician, who is constantly observed. An experienced doctor will be able from the point of view of science to suggest what age to start toilet training child to the potty better. He is able to assess the condition of the nervous system, the level of psychological development of the baby and organs that are involved in the processes of urination and defecation. The doctor will ask about the skills and achievements of children, and will help to make the conclusion about whether it is time to explore the pot.
Usually this period of time to the moment when the baby can sit confidently and walk to show gestures or sounds that he wants to use the toilet. When understands and is able to perform simple instructions, expressed dissatisfaction with the wet linen, committed itself to take off or put on panties, to imitate adults.
Other signs of readiness baby
- Can stay dry more than 2 hours during the day.
- Moments bowel movements become predictable and regular.
- When it is easy to determine that the child does defecate or urinate (posture, facial expressions, stops playing).
Of course, not all of these signs should be. Attentive and caring moms usually are able to identify them and decide what age to teach children to the pot.
From theory to practice
For the baby in this case it is important that the training took place in a natural and peaceful environment. It is unacceptable to force him to do something, if he's not expressing desire, protest, and criticize it. The same applies to potty training. Do not start, if: the child is sick or just recovered
Few pay attention to the fact that there is no need to combine a few classes. That is sitting on the pot, the child should not be distractions, such as toys, TV or food.
- Put the child on the potty at least twice a day. But without excessive zeal (5-10 minutes). Or he is quickly bored.
- The first time you can put directly in the diaper, panties, pantyhose or sliders (in order to avoid unpleasant sensations, for example, from contact with cold).
- If within 5-10 minutes there is no result, raise a baby, let him play until the next time.
- After a few days you can try to sit on the potty without a diaper.
- Offer your child a potty, if you notice that he's tense, clinging. Some kids hide in the corners, under the table, when to go to the bathroom. But be careful not to frighten the baby, otherwise it will become to control your urination.
- Discontinue the use of diapers during the day. Because the child almost knows what it's like to be wet, and do not understand the need to go to the potty. The baby, accustomed to the diaper, it is more difficult to teach. This is easier when the baby is accustomed from the first days to dry clothes. Then if he wet himself he unpleasant feeling of wet pants. And my mother may have smaller problems when solving problems, how to teach a child to potty and at what age.
- Be sure to encourage baby to go to the toilet before bed. Also is an effective planting pot on the child after food and sleep. Don't let the night to drink a lot of fluids.
The expression of joy of the parents when the baby get on the potty to do his business, has a positive effect on learning outcomes. Baby will not be a mistake to feel that the attitude of the mother to him does not depend on its success.
Tell the child what the potty. Kid clear illustrative example. Some moms with a doll or soft toy to show him how to use the potty. Other parents take a baby to the toilet to represent how adults celebrate the need. A small child still does not perceive gender differences in terms of how it's done. Still others demonstrate how used the diaper goes into the pot.
Sometimes moms of girls worry that so far the baby does not go to the potty. Although it is believed that they develop faster, in fact, differences in this matter. How to potty train a boy and a girl? When to start? Here in every case should be an individual approach. In some sources there is information that the boys are a little harder to control the relevant muscles during urination due to the physiological features.
Instead of a conclusion
To wear diapers or not to wear the child, and at what age to teach children to the pot – it is an individual matter. In any case, the natural reflexes of the baby has also developed, and the formation of feelings and understanding of the need for the emptying of the excretory organs still occurs when it is provided by nature.
Hence the conclusion — the more developed the baby during the adoption of the mother's decision on early learning, the less attempts, the effort and time necessary, to achieve the end result – use a pot for the purpose.
But don't worry, if you long to cope with the problem. It's just a matter of patience and time. Now we know at what age and how to teach a child to potty.