Why children spit up a fountain
Regurgitation is considered a frequent occurrence in newborn children. They happen for several reasons, the main of which is that the stomach of the baby at this point has not yet been fully formed. However, many parents who are faced with this problem are very concerned about this question: "Why do children spit a fountain?". Regurgitations are organic (abnormal) and functional (permissible norm). This article will describe the safe appearance of this phenomenon, its causes and the prevention of its manifestation.
Practically half of the newborn children are observed regurgitation, and sometimes they are a fountain. This is a small amount of milk or a mixture that "merges" in the baby immediately or after a while after eating. Regurgitation occurs without tension of the abdominal press and does not cause discomfort to the crumb. This is the norm and is explained by the physiological features of the structure of the stomach, its work, overfeeding, and also the horizontal position of the baby during feeding. Such regurgitation occurs in a small volume and does not entail weight loss. With an acceptable form of this phenomenon, the child has more than six urination a day. To check the approximate amount of "fused" by a child, you can throw a spoonful of milk side by side on a diaper and compare the spots. If they are the same size, then do not worry. This means that such regurgitation in infants is permissible, it will pass in due course independently.
- Overfeeding crumbs. More often it happens with artificial feeding, but sometimes with breastfeeding. This happens when the baby is too fond of the process of sucking and can not tear himself away from the breast. Surplus then simply pour out.
- Ingestion of excess air during feeding. It happens because of improper gripping of the breast or bottle, and also if the baby was crying for a long time before eating.
- Another answer to the question of why babies regurgitate are intestinal colic.
Why do children spit a fountain? How to fix the situation?
In order to regurgitate the baby in smaller amounts, it is necessary to adhere to the following recommendations:
- Do not overfeed the baby and give him the correct breast or bottle to prevent excess air.
- Observe the correct position of the crumbs when eating. Keep it should be so that the head was above the trunk, that is, at an angle of 45 to 60 degrees. It is also recommended to change the position of the baby when feeding.
- If the baby eats from a bottle, you need to choose a pacifier with a small hole and make sure that there is no air in it.
- To improve digestion and prevent colic, it is recommended to spread the newborn to the tummy before feeding.
- If the baby cries, you should first calm him down, vilify in his arms vertically, and then offer a breast.
- After eating the baby, you need to hold it for about 10 minutes in a column so that it spews out air.
- Raise the headboard in the baby cot by about 45 degrees. Lay the crumb on the barrel so that it does not choke on regurgitating milk.