Patronage of the newborn at home in the first month of his life
The patronage of the newborn is the visit of the baby at home by medical personnel in the first month of his life. In the maternity hospital you will be asked your actual address and send the data to the nearest clinic. And on the 1 st, 2 nd day after discharge from the hospital you will visit a pediatrician or a nurse. Patronage at home is usually carried out three times. This is very convenient for the mother, because at home, the necessary examination of the child will be made, recommendations for caring for the baby are given, and during it you can ask any questions about the baby and its condition.
To the primary patronage of a newborn is better to prepare in advance and make a list of questions that you are interested in, which you want to ask the doctor. During the visit, the nurse or pediatrician will perform the following manipulations:
- will examine the umbilical wound and give recommendations for its treatment;
- feel the tummy;
- look at the skin of the baby for diaper rash, giving advice on her care;
- take an interest in breastfeeding or artificial feeding is the baby, will tell you the rules of feeding;
- make a conclusion about the health of the baby;
- gather information on the course of pregnancy, childbirth, vaccinations in the hospital, hereditary family diseases, etc .;
- draw a conclusion about the physical and psychological state of the mother;
- fill in the children's outpatient card;
- they will examine the living conditions and their suitability for the baby's living;
- inform the address and phone number of the nearest clinic, reception hours of your local pediatrician and the day at which the infants are admitted.
During the examination of the baby, not all doctors tell the mother in detail about the care of the baby, so ask yourself all the questions persistently.
Secondary patronage of the newborn
The second visit of a doctor or a nurse at home is carried out approximately on the 14th day of the baby's life. During this time, the medical worker will also inspect the child. He will see how timely the umbilical cord has healed and the physiological jaundice has disappeared. The doctor will ask about breastfeeding, give advice on this matter. For this visit, also make a list of questions that concern you about caring for the baby (nails, ears, eyes, skin, treatment of diaper rash, bathing and washing, feeding, cleansing of milk crusts, etc.). Also you can ask about your health and ask for recommendations about this.
The third patronage of the newborn
The third visit of the medical worker to the house is carried out approximately for 21 days of life of the crumbs. During it, the pediatrician will inspect the child, draw a conclusion about his health, give useful recommendations and advice. Also he will remind you that you should visit a polyclinic to inspect the child when he turns a month. As during the first and second visit, do not forget to ask questions that concern you.
Patronage of newborns at home. Summarizing
Observation of the baby in the first month of his life at home is made three times free of charge, regardless of whether the parents have a registration or not. However, in order to visit a polyclinic after a month, you need to make the child a policy of CHI and register it at the address of one of the parents.