Nursing a newborn at home in the first month of his life
Nursing a newborn is to visit the baby at home health workers in the first month of his life. Even in the hospital you will be asked for your actual address and sends the data to the nearest clinic. And on the 1st, the 2nd day after discharge from the hospital you will be visited by a pediatrician or nurse. Nursing home is usually carried out three times. It is very convenient for mother, as in the home will be made the necessary inspections of the child, recommendations for the care of the baby, as well as during it you can ask any questions about the baby and about your condition.
Primary nursing a newborn is better to prepare in advance and make a list of your concerns you want to ask the doctor. During a visit to a nurse or pediatrician will carry out the following manipulation:
- examine the umbilical wound and provide recommendations for its treatment
- checking the tummy
- look at the skin of your baby diaper stock, giving advice on its care
- ask for breast or artificial feeding is baby, will tell you the rules of feeding
- make a conclusion about the baby's health
- collect data on pregnancy, birth, immunizations in the hospital, family hereditary diseases, etc.
- make a conclusion about the physical and psychological state of the mother
- fill children's outpatient card
- examine housing conditions and habitability baby
- will report the address and telephone number of the nearest clinic, after hours, your pediatrician and the day that is accepting infants.
During the inspection not all doctors explain in detail to the mother about caring for the baby, so we strongly ask all the questions.
Secondary nursing a newborn
The second visit of a doctor or nurse at home is approximately on the 14th day of baby's life. During the health worker will also carry out an inspection of the child. Look how timely the umbilical wound has healed and gone physiological jaundice. The doctor will ask about breastfeeding, give advice about this. This visit also make a list of your concerns about baby care (nails, ears, eyes, skin, diaper rash treatment, bathing and cleaning, feeding, cleansing "milk crust", etc.). You can also ask about your health and ask advice about this.
The third nursing a newborn
The third visit of the medical worker's home is about 21 days of life crumbs. While there, the pediatrician will make the inspection of the child, make a conclusion about his health, give useful advice and tips. He also let me remind you that you have to visit the clinic for examination of the child when he turns a month. As during the first and second visit, don't forget to ask your questions.
Nursing a newborn at home. Summing up
The observation of a baby in the first month of his life at home is three times free of charge, regardless of whether the parents registration or not. However, in order to visit the clinic after a month, you need to make child health insurance and register it at one of the parents.