Is it possible to walk pregnant in a bath? Precautionary measures
To understand whether it is possible to go pregnant in a bath, you first need to figure out how such procedures affect a healthy person.
The effect of the bath on the human body
The first thing a person encounters in a bath is the effect of hot, moist air. Under his influence, blood flow to the skin increases, its redistribution occurs in the body, and the blood vessels expand. In addition, the pores of the skin are opened and the sweating processes are intensified. When wet steam is added to the hot air, the skin softens, and dying fragments are easier to remove. To stimulate this process, women remove the upper dead skin layer with a washcloth, brush, honey, salt or coffee grounds. Another option is to get rid of the slag with a fragrant whisk. The final stage of bath procedures is dipping in cold water or snow. At this point, the blood is redistributed, this time pouring to the internal organs from the skin.
Changes in the body of the future mother
Is it possible to walk pregnant in a bath? First of all, it depends on the health of the woman herself. For example, in our days absolutely healthy girls are almost gone, especially in cities. Vegeto-vascular diseases are very common, which can have manifestations in the form of jumps in blood pressure. In addition, during pregnancy, most girls tend to lower average pressure. During pregnancy, women in the body function immediately 2 circles of circulation: the baby and her own. And this is not to mention the increased burden on the lungs, liver and heart.
What is there to be afraid of?
One of the main factors that affects whether it is possible to walk pregnant in a bath is the gestational age. In the first trimester the placenta is still absent, and therefore the processes of redistribution of blood can cause a miscarriage. In the second half of pregnancy, when the 2nd circle of blood circulation is formed and the amount of blood exceeds its volume before pregnancy, redistribution of blood can cause deterioration of the condition of both the girl and the baby. In the last weeks of pregnancy, bath procedures can provoke the rupture of membranes and the passage of amniotic fluid.
The rules of visiting the bathhouse for those who are expecting a child
1. It is not necessary to go to the steam room right after entering the bath - the skin should warm up gradually.
2. In the steam room you should not wet your head, for this you can use a hat or a turban from a towel.
3. The first entry into the steam room can be no more than 5 minutes. It is better to sit or lie on the bottom shelf. It is important to measure the pulse - its frequency should not exceed 120 beats per minute.
4. If the question: "Can I go to the bathhouse during pregnancy?" - you got an affirmative answer from the doctor, you still should not prepare for the next one after one visit. Better a little (10-15 minutes) to sit in the waiting room and drink during this time a cup of herbal tea - this will make up for the loss of moisture.
5. The next call may be a little longer - about 10 minutes. However, do not cease to monitor the pulse and your own well-being.
6. In order to be able to go to the bath during pregnancy, we have more or less figured out. But it is very important not to make mistakes when the moment comes to "cool down". Experts recommend that future mothers abandon the idea of immediately dipping into cold water or a swimming pool and confine themselves to a slightly warm shower or air baths.
7. Before leaving the bath, you need to rest (from 15 minutes to 1 hour). After returning home, it is better to lie down for a few hours, to rest, to relax.
Whether it is possible to walk pregnant women in a bath is a very individual matter, because everything depends on the woman's experience in this matter, her physical condition and the state of the baby. And therefore before the procedures it is best to consult a doctor or an instructor - only they will be able to give you the exact answer.