Is it possible to have a hawthorn during early pregnancy?
Folk remedies are widely used by many, but it is advisable to use self-medication after a preliminary consultation with the attending physician. Why is it necessary? It's simple: some herbs, collections and other traditional medicine have contraindications to use, but not everyone can know exactly which ones.
One of the unique plants is hawthorn, it is known for its medicinal properties, it is used by people who have problems with the heart rhythm. But many women who are waiting for replenishment in their families, are interested in the question, is it possible to have a hawthorn during pregnancy in the early stages? And also whether it is worth using it to future mothers as a sedative? In order to understand whether hawthorn is possible during pregnancy and how to use it as a folk remedy for treatment, one must become thoroughly acquainted with its properties and action on the body. This is especially true for people who have chronic diseases, as well as pregnant and lactating women.
Hawthorn as a remedy
Hawthorn is a plant that reaches 5 meters, although sometimes you can see a bush and twice as tall. It begins in early June, with small white inflorescences appearing on it, which have a pleasant aroma. By the end of August, the fruits begin to ripen. These are small berries of red color. They have an oblong or round shape. Inside the flesh is orange or yellowish, to taste they are sour-sweet. It is interesting that for treatment can be applied as flowers, and fruits, and even leaves. By the way, the latter have oblong pointed form. In order to understand whether hawthorn can be pregnant, it is necessary to understand its effect on the organism from the very beginning.
There are many different recipes for the preparation of hawthorn, it can be used to treat a particular disease, as well as to reduce nervousness and side effects of stress.
Feasibility of hawthorn application
Hawthorn is widely used to treat diseases and maintain a normal heart rate. In what cases is it advisable to seek help from such a unique plant as hawthorn?
- Problems with normal blood pressure.
- Increased nervousness.
- Puffiness of the extremities.
- Disturbance of blood circulation.
- Violation of the heart rate.
- The presence of stress factors.
- Reduced immunity, especially in the autumn-winter period.
Since hawthorn has a fairly wide range of applications, it must also be understood that it has some side effects that do not allow it to be used universally. If you want to take hawthorn during pregnancy, the trimester for this is not the most successful period, especially if there is a tone of the uterus.
When you should not use it?
Any medicinal product, regardless of what nature it has, whether it be a medical preparation or folk methods, has indications and contraindications to the use. The same can be said about hawthorn. Let's consider some situations when it is necessary to refrain from treatment with the help of this plant.
- If the patient wants to heal the heart, it is worth first consulting with a doctor who will give consent to this. Such problems can worsen if you do not use folk remedies for self-treatment with the mind.
- Individual intolerance of the components that make up the drug.
- When pregnancy and lactation is extremely accurate use of hawthorn, it is better to do this after consulting a doctor and with careful observation of the reaction of the body. Whether it is possible for the hawthorn to be pregnant, just the treating doctor will be able to say.
- It is necessary to adhere to the dosage that is assigned to you, and in no case exceed these values.
- The course of treatment should be periodically interrupted, after which you can again conduct it.
- After taking the tincture of this plant, it is not recommended to drink cold water.
In order for the hawthorn to bring you only benefit, not aggravation or harm, one must adhere to all the doctor's recommendations and monitor the overall health.
Pregnant with caution
A pregnant woman can no longer think only about her health, because the priority for her is the health of the baby, which can not be harmed. Therefore, women often think about whether it is possible to hawthorn during pregnancy. He is able to calm nerves and relieve a woman of the effects of stress, but it should be understood that pregnancy is a special condition in which only small concentrations of the plant are appropriate.
Pregnant is very harmful to be nervous, live in tension, overwork and irritate. In such cases, hawthorn acts as a healer, but this should only be a weak concentration of the solution.
Reviews of pregnant women about hawthorn
Can I have a hawthorn during pregnancy? It has the property of lowering blood pressure, so those who suffer from low blood pressure, its use is contraindicated. Pregnant women can not use most medications, so the only option that is an alternative, you can consider folk remedies.
But do not forget that they should be appointed by a doctor or applied under his guidance. These fears are confirmed by numerous reviews: some future mothers advise first of all to turn to a women's consultation and only then make a decision about the use of hawthorn. Constant monitoring will help reduce the risks of possible negative reactions of the body. Meanwhile, reviews of pregnant and lactating mothers suggest that this plant has been successfully used by them as a sedative and for the normalization of sleep.
What can be the negative consequences of improper reception of folk remedies?
If the hawthorn is applied incorrectly, then there may be some side effects. An unequivocal answer to the question whether hawthorn can be pregnant, which is often disputed, can not be given. For pregnant women, this can be such symptoms or consequences:
- heart rhythm disorder;
- lactation can reduce the amount of milk;
- this may threaten the interruption of pregnancy;
- other complications.
For those who have a sleep disorder, before going to bed, it is recommended to chew a few hawthorn berries. This can calm the nervous system and normalize sleep.
How can I make a hawthorn?
Fruits, flowers and leaves of hawthorn can be brewed, make a decoction and drink it with dosages, which will be indicated by the attending physician. If you want to take hawthorn during pregnancy, it is sometimes useless to read reviews about it, because only a doctor can give an unambiguous answer.
- In the compote. Fruits of fresh or dried hawthorn can be added during cooking compotes from fresh or dried fruits. It will be enough 5-6 berries for one liter of compote.
- Hawthorn with sugar. You can grate fresh berries with sugar, for this, take one part of sugar and two parts of berries and rub them with a blender, fork or as you like.
- Blanks for the winter. For the preparation of hawthorn compote will need 1 kg of berries and the same amount of sugar. Make syrup from water and sugar. Prepare berries - rinse and peel. Then pour the berries with syrup and let it brew for about 8 hours. After that, the syrup merges and boils. The berries are packed in cans, poured hot syrup, rolled up. Such compote can be drunk as a medicine.