How to suck snot in infants: the doctor's advice and the various methods
The question of how to suck the snot from a baby, cannot be answered unequivocally. Some pediatricians advise not to use this method, and some of his welcome, not to use drugs. In any case, the cleansing of baby's nose — this is a separate procedure that requires study and care.
Causes and treatment of runny nose in children
In medicine there are several causes of cold in infants. It can occur because of penetration into the body of infants to infection or various allergens. Snot can also appear because of the eruption of the baby teeth, although physicians are not officially confirmed this theory.
If parents complain to the doctor at the snot in infants, in the first place, he can advise them medical treatment, but experienced moms are strongly advised to suck out the snot so as not to harm the weak immunity of the child.
The cleansing of baby's nose secretions
So, first you need to understand whether it is possible to suck the snot from babies. Many parents are strongly advised to do this procedure, because the stuffy nose prevents the child to eat normally and sleep. However, any mother should treat very seriously. It is important to control the power so as not to harm the mucosa of the baby.
There is another reason why doctors don't recommend such a method of treatment of the common cold. The fact is that too often the removal of mucus from child's nose may increase the amount of discharge.
Then another question arises: how many times can you suck the snot from a baby in a day? It can not be answered unequivocally. Experienced moms never do this procedure often. Only in cases of extreme necessity. Infectious rhinitis is sufficient to clean baby's nostrils from secretions of no more than 3 times a day.
How to suck snot in infants? Methods
In emergency situations, when a child is choking from a cold, mom can use the means at hand. There are many different ways to remove from baby's nose of secretions, but the primary methods include all three:
- Suction extractor, which is sold in any drugstore. This method is the most gentle, because the device was created specifically for this purpose. These devices are inexpensive, and exploitation understand any parent. How to suck the snot from a baby's aspirator, we will explain below.
- Remove the nozzle mouth. To some this method will seem unacceptable, and the doctors agree with these. The fact that it is very unhygienic, but in this way the mother can independently control the strength and amount of discharge.
- The use of a rubber bulb of small size. This method has long gone, although because of its low cost, many parents still used it.
Now is the time to consider each of the three main methods more closely.
Cleansing the nose with mouth mom
A simple and effective way. No need to describe step by step, how to suck the snot from a baby's mouth. We need only mention that the method does not require any financial investments. Parents need to have on hand just a tube with which it will be possible to delete the contents of the nose.
Generally, the doctors are surprised that in modern society until now, such methods are practiced moms, but there are those who do not believe the suction of the secretions of the mouth something awful. This method really has a right to exist. The fact that he is good in that case, if the parent doesn't have the opportunity to go to the pharmacy and get baby necessary. It can also be used on the road or wherever to buy a more modern remedy is simply no way.
The use of pears
Some moms also called the rubber bulb enema. Pears, like vacuum cleaners, are sold in pharmacies. They were used earlier when medicine had not yet invented a more modern way to remove secretions from the baby's nose. This method is already obsolete, although some parents still resort to it.
How to suck the snot from a baby pear? Very simple. The nozzle fixture is inserted in to the nostril. Then the blower you need to press and release as a pipette.
Despite the fact that the way seems clear and simple, there is a pear a few drawbacks. First, it after removal of the secretions is very difficult to wash out. The mother has many times to draw water into the fixture, but it does not guarantee a complete cleansing. Also doctors say that the pear is not very effective in terms of removing secretions from the nose. She takes only the most liquid snot.
Still it must be said that in some cases the allocation of the children are too deep. Closer to the nose. In this case, a rubber pear would be absolutely senseless instrument, as it is impossible to enter the nozzle at the required distance.
The use of the aspirator
Experienced moms, when they face the question of how to suck the snot from a baby's use, modern and patented appliances — vacuum cleaners. They are specially created in order to best relieve the baby from discharge and also do it quickly and safely.
All the aspirators can be divided into three main groups:
- mechanical (looks like a tube with a special tip. Removing the nozzle takes place by means of breath mom: you need to insert the tip of the tube into the nose of the child and suck in air)
- (the principle of action as automatic, just with the help of parents is not necessary: you simply insert the tip into nostril and press the button)
- vacuum (create a light vacuum in the nostril. They work with a vacuum cleaner that plugs in to them).
Each category of aspirators. Each also has disadvantages (see table).
Advantages and disadvantages of vacuum cleaners
The high level of noise, cannot be used if there's cover
Correct management of the process
After parsing, all methods that help to clear the baby's nose, only one question remains. How to suck snot in infants? How to correctly carry out this procedure inexperienced mommy?
So this is no big deal. It is sufficient to remember a few simple rules:
- For cleansing the nose, the mother will need some kind of towndock. It is, of course, can be made from an ordinary piece of cotton. But then turunda get loose and clear the nose from secretions would be impossible. For these purposes the best fit normal cotton pad is divided into two parts.
- In order not to hurt the baby nostril, turundas best to dip in some oil. Then the wool will easily go deep and delete the unavailable selection.
- It is strictly forbidden to use parents, especially inexperienced mummies, cotton swabs. They, at first glance, will clear the nose much better than normal wool, but failure to observe the depth of introduction can easily damage a child's mucous.
- Would be useless and special baby cotton buds with limiter. The fact that the Rev limiter on these is set too high. Mom will be able to only reach the lower parts of the nose.
- The doctors are also strongly advised to clean the baby's nose before sucking the secretions. This method will allow you to soften the existing cover and to remove the snot.
Nasal rinses salt solutions
Brines, according to many pediatricians, is the best way to wash children's noses. Sea salt has a positive impact on the treatment of rhinitis, especially if he has the infectious nature.
But how to suck the snot in infants with saline solution?
This method is perfectly dilutes the existing allocation and relieves even severe nasal congestion. After its application is necessary immediately to remove the fluid extractor. Repeat a few times.
The disadvantage of brines is the presence of a number of contraindications. Some parents forget before applying them to consult a doctor, which further exacerbates the situation. In any case you cannot use medications such as "Aquamarine" or "Phrase" itself.
Nasal lavage with saline
And if you have parents who care about the health of your baby to a pediatrician? How to suck snot in infants in this case? Or, you can ignore this step?
In any case. In such situations, you can use purchased at any pharmacy with saline, used for intravenous injections. Of course, some parents use various herbal teas or mineral water, but a special solution will still be the best way.
The saline will soften the fine peel in the nose of the baby and not hurt him. The only drawback of this tool is form of release. The solution is sold in large cylinders, and when administered to the mother must use the syringe, so it requires maximum accuracy.