How to explain to the child where you have to fight back
Today you hold a very tiny child who is not yet a year old. But it will take quite some time and he will go to kindergarten and then to school. But until then, your child grows in love and understanding, where no one will never hurt.
What about if your child will hurt another? What to do in this case? How to explain to the child where to hit back? All these and many other questions you can easily answer by reading just a few of the recommendations in this article.
The upbringing of the child
Naturally, every parent wants to protect their baby from all sorts of difficulties and dangers. And this decision is right, but only up to a certain age. Do not get too spoiled child, especially when it comes time to go to kindergarten. Gradually prepare him for the fact that life is not only good, but also evil, not all people will be well treated, though he had nothing wrong and did not.
Before the child goes to kindergarten, be sure to hold a conversation with him about where you change, and where better to simply walk away from the conflict. For small children it is very difficult to give a clear concept of it all, but you will definitely be able to find the necessary words that the kid will remember for a lifetime.
The view of psychologists: where you have to fight back?
If you take the preschool children, they are very rarely any conflicts between them. Except in very rare cases when children do not share a toy.
The problem starts in boys around 6-8 years. It is in this age in children lays the sense of duty. He is now responsible for all their actions, so at this stage it is very important to understand a few rules:
- The child must understand that the fight is too bad that he will be punished for it. And the baby will be to look for friends who hold this point of view.
- The kid will remember where you have to fight back, if he does clearly explain. If he accidentally touched or stepped on the foot is not a reason to get into a fight.
- If the child was hurt, and he already begins to plan revenge, just play along with him in comic form, that he understood that the use of force is very bad.
Is it appropriate use of force?
Whenever possible the child should avoid such situations where he must use force. Therefore, it is better to raise him confident person, and he can stand up for themselves, not raising anyone's hand.
Parents should always encourage your baby to point to his successes and to get to see the job through to the end. So he will be confident and you will not have to resort to how to teach a child to fight back. It is easy to decide misunderstandings and conflicts with their peers.
In any case, parents should decide for themselves whether to teach the child where you have to fight back, and where not. Not all people accept the violence, but the kid should be ready to different situations. Therefore, in order to avoid a large number of conflicts, parents need to follow certain rules:
- First of all, the child should not in any case be the initiator of problematic situations. Teach him to treat others as he would like to be treated.
- Be sure to teach your kid to meet other kids.
- If a conflict situation occurred, teach your child that you can discuss everything verbally, to ignore or to turn to an adult.
- Teach your kid toughness, confidence and ability to stand up for themselves. In this case, the offender did not even think ever again to hurt him.
- To avoid getting into fights outside the home, it should not be aggression. Parents are required to respect each other, and in any case not to vent anger on the child.
Over time, the child himself is aware of where you have to fight back. The main thing — to lay in it, good moral base, in the future, he made the right choice.