How to explain to the child where to give change
Today you hold in your hands a very tiny child who is not even a year old. But there will be very little time - and he will go to the kindergarten, and then to school. But until this moment your child grows in love and understanding, where no one will ever offend him.
What if your child is offended by another? What should I do in this case? How to explain the child, where to give change? You can easily answer all these and many other questions by reading just a few recommendations in this article.
Naturally, every parent wants to protect his baby from all sorts of difficulties and dangers. And this is really the right decision, but only up to a certain age. Do not spoil the child too much, especially when it's time to go to his kindergarten. Gradually prepare him for the fact that in life there is not only good but also evil, that not all people will treat him well, although he did nothing wrong.
Before the child goes to the kindergarten, it is necessary to hold a conversation with him about where they give change, and where it is better to just get out of the conflict. It is very difficult for young children to give a clear concept of this, but you will be able to find the necessary words that the kid will remember for life.
Opinion of psychologists: where to give change?
If you take children of preschool age, they very rarely have any conflicts between themselves. Unless in very rare cases, when children do not share a toy.
The most problematic age begins in boys about 6-8 years. It is at this age that a sense of duty is laid in children. He is now responsible for all his actions, so at this stage it is very important to understand several rules:
- The child should understand that it is very bad to fight, that he will be punished for it. And the kid will look for friends who adhere to this point of view.
- The kid will remember where to give change, if it is intelligibly explained to him. If he accidentally touched or stepped on his leg - this is not an excuse to climb into a fight.
- If the child is offended, and he is already beginning to think through a plan for revenge, play along to him in a comic manner, so that he realizes that it is very bad to use force.
Is it appropriate to use force?
If possible, the child should avoid situations where he must use force. Therefore, it is better to immediately educate him with self-confident people, and he can stand up for himself without raising a hand to anyone.
Parents should always encourage the baby, point to his successes and force him to bring all the work to the end. This is how he will be confident in his abilities, and you will not have to resort to how to teach a child to give change. He easily himself will solve misunderstandings and conflicts with his peers.
Tips for parents
In any case, parents themselves must decide whether to teach the child where to give change, and where not. Not all people accept violence, but the kid should be ready for different situations. Therefore, in order to avoid a large number of conflicts, parents must adhere to certain rules:
- First of all, the child himself should not in any case be the initiator of problematic situations. Teach him to treat others just as he would like to be treated.
- Be sure to teach the baby how to get acquainted with other children.
- If the conflict situation has occurred, teach the child that it is possible to discuss everything verbally, ignore or turn to adults.
- Teach your child's hardness, self-confidence and ability to stand up for himself. In this case, the offender will not even think of touching him again.
- To avoid fights outside the house, there should be no place for aggression in it. Parents are obliged to respect each other with respect and in no case to take out anger on the child.
Over time, the child himself realizes where to give change. The main thing is to lay a good moral basis in it so that in the future he makes the right choice.