St. Nicholas day: the script of the holiday for children
If you look at the calendar, even though the Church, though secular, it is evident the obvious thing – the holidays in our lives a lot. There is a small, clean professional occasions such as the day of geologist or space, but there are global celebrations. These include Christmas, New year, Easter and, of course, the day of St. Nicholas.
Was there a Saint Nicholas?
Unlike beloved, but invented Santa Claus, Saint Nicholas really lived in the city of Patara, in Asia Minor. It was as far back the 3rd century. The boy was long-awaited, the parents thought the child a divine gift, so they gave him everything: wealth, warmth and love. When he grew up, he decided to dedicate his life to God and people. Saint Nicholas became a priest and later a Bishop of Myra. A feature of this Holy man was that he was trying to do good anonymously, trying does not issue. He is credited with many miracles and good works: the revival of life crashed in the storm sailor, unprecedented generosity, the reward of alms, assistance to orphans and the needy. For compassionate activity, which nevertheless became known to the people, his called Saint, or a miracle worker, and the date of birth began to celebrate every year. People all my life helping people who were referred to the category of saints. Today he is the patron Saint of travelers, sailors, needy and afflicted. In addition, he became an eternal example of true altruism and kindness.
They say that long ago in one family there were three daughters, the dowry, the father could not marry. It got to the point that the parent was going to force their children to earn money unworthy way. Nicholas, hearing this, began throwing for the unfortunate sisters gold in the chimney. And near the fireside girls just hung them to dry their stockings, which fell gifts. Thus, Saint Nicholas saved the girls from dishonor and made their destinies are happier. Later, he began to give gifts to all those in need: the drug — poor, warm clothes to orphans, toys to children from low-income families. Since then, people believe that if Saint Nicholas will definitely help.
Tradition Nikolina day
Established the tradition of celebrating St. Nicholas day on December 19. It is with this celebration in the former Soviet Union begins the new year a mess. Unfortunately, there have been times when people have tried to take away the belief in God, miracles, the tale forbade religious holidays, demolished the Church. Because of this honoring of St. Nicholas for a time was unjustly forgotten, but now revived the tradition. Today, the houses are going for a lean but rich tables as friends and foes (there is a belief that the feast will reconcile warring), and the children find under the pillows of sweet, funny Nicholas ' presents and other gifts.
In children's institutions, according to tradition, honor St. Nicholas day. The script is usually prepared in advance, and highly anticipated by children, is in a fabulous atmosphere.
It is noteworthy that the beginning of the celebrations put in Cologne. In ancient Germany, December 6 (Gregorian reckoning) children distributed sweets to celebrate the day of St. Nicholas. Further, the tradition has spread in homes: according to the legend about the sisters, the children began to hang socks on the fireplace or place the boots at the doorstep in anticipation of gifts from the good Saint. And naughty children in the morning found the rod instead of sweets.
In the Netherlands it is believed that the miracle worker arrives on the ship, so people put polished shoes for the threshold in the evening. In St. Nicholas day, the holiday scenario prepared in advance in Italy, France, Germany: there are theatrical performances, costumed people sing traditional songs and have fun from the heart. The Austrians and poles believe that on the eve of the Shalit damn thing Holy with success to drive away, not forgetting to throw the gifts into the boots.
A holiday for the kids
Children of any age waiting for the holidays and gifts. Naturally, adults have to support this blind and naive belief in miracles. Such holidays as the beads will be strung on the thread of childhood memories, without which life is boring. The script on the day of St. Nicholas for children of younger age should be according to the following principle: the simpler the better. It makes no sense to go into the common theological conversation about the significance of the holiday from the point of view of the Orthodox Church or try to cover the topic from the perspective of philosophy. For a small group of kids, which can be collected in the home environment and children's cafe, St. Nicholas day, the holiday scenario you can spend on such a scheme.
- Children will be interested to hear exaggerated a story about a boy Nicholas, who nothing knew of a failure. One day he noticed that his friends want to eat out and play with beautiful toys, but do not have the opportunity. Then the boy decided to give the kids their toys, clothes, sweets, of which he had many. But gave gifts in secret and only obedient children. Now, people still know who this unknown giver, and called him a Saint.
- Then the kids bring the boy doll, which sets the "tricky questions" like "And you obey your parents?" or "do you Eat porridge?".
- All the children are very obedient, good and kind, so Nicholas opens his voluminous bag and generously distributes gifts to them.
- After such a positive followed by fun outdoor games.
This Express version can be used on the day of St. Nicholas. The script of the holiday for children of younger preschool age, similar to the above, it is easy to implement in any convenient place.
For older children, interesting to be more common a fabulous option. A fairy-tale scenario for the day of St. Nicholas can be implemented in a comic way. Because the information will still be conveyed, but you will not be bored.
- Initially required a problem situation: for example, bad character put a spell on the beloved donkey of St. Nicholas, and the children have to change him back.
- To do this, they perform the serious and funny jobs: riddles in rhyme, find the differences between pictures, jumping and imitating animals.
- After donkey all the recalls, Saint Nicholas makes an evil character in a good and under a common enthusiasm distributes gifts.
For younger students should also prepare a matinee for St. Nicholas day. The script action can be expanded by adding intrigue in the form of an evil character, such "breamore". A story about the history of the holiday and traditions, too, need a little harder, according to age.
- On the day of St. Nicholas the script must contain a short story about the holiday, but we should not prolong this part of the celebration. Better if it will make a fabulous or mythical character, for example, angel.
- Before you enter the main protagonist of the holiday, in bursts in a negative character (brownie, devil, Blizzard, fool) and begins to "Troll" the kids: ask stupid questions, prompts (reading riddles with a funny, wrong solutions).
- You can use a great idea. Finding common efforts that Nikolay will come only to the obedient children, the participants of the festival get out of the chairs prepared in advance by teacher, black men (weaknesses), and ceremoniously throw them away.
- When, finally, St. Nicholas comes, then comes the fun and games, fun and poems. Games can be different. For example, perfect comic game "Dress a friend". Her rules are that one party dress mittens, and the other Bathrobe. The buttons on the robe of each should be buttoned as soon as possible. Or a contest of "whose teeth are stronger": the boiled egg you need to carry in a spoon held in his teeth, and try not to drop. Also interesting the game of "Frivolous": it is necessary to fill the bag with the laughter produced by tickling.
Poems for Nicholas
On the day of St. Nicholas a scenario is inconceivable without an abundance of poems. To replenish their number fresh texts invite such as this:
Whose steps creak behind the door?
And with a huge bag,
Nicholas hurries to your house!
He drags the gifts to the children
Bring them all to light,
Look at the Shoe:
How have you been old man?
In addition to sweets and dolls