Moderate polyhydramnios: causes, signs, treatment
Moderate polyhydramnios - this is an excessive amount of amniotic fluid. Such a diagnosis can be made at any time of pregnancy. This is not a very common complication. It occurs in about 2-3 women out of 99. Future mothers during pregnancy need to monitor the amount of fluid. That is, it is necessary to visit ultrasound and regularly visit an gynecologist.
For normal development of pregnancy, the amount of amniotic fluid should not exceed 1-1.5 liters. It consists of proteins, calcium salts, sodium, chlorine and water, which is approximately 96%. Due to the amniotic fluid the child receives all the necessary substances for normal development. Another function of water is to protect the youngster. In it, he can move and move without risking injury and other damage.
Properties of amniotic fluid
The amniotic fluid has the following properties:
- It protects the fetus from external stimuli: noise, shock, shaking.
- Prevents umbilical cord movement.
- Reduces pain during labor.
- Helps to open the cervix.
- Prevents the ingestion of substances harmful to the fetus from the outside world.
- Contains immunoglobulins.
The amount of fluid changes during pregnancy. There are norms for each trimester. What they are, you can find out from the table below.
From 39-40 weeks until the birth, the quantity of water is reduced. Doctors are guided by average indicators. And at a deviation from norm or rate in any direction diagnose a lack of hydration or moderate polyhydramnios.
The norm after the 30th week of pregnancy
The doctor can prescribe the diagnosis of polyhydramnios at any term of pregnancy. But talk about the rejection can only after 20 weeks. If the second ultrasound diagnosis was not confirmed, then the next time it will be detected only during the third planned ultrasound, moderate polyhydramnios. 32 weeks - the time when you need to constantly go to a women's consultation. An experienced doctor will help a pregnant woman to control her condition. He diagnoses the problem, even if the woman has no complaints.
By the way, it can be detected not only by ultrasound, but also with Doppler and during the examination. Moderate polyhydramnios during pregnancy (32 weeks) are set when the amount of amniotic fluid reaches 1500-1900 ml. At the same time, a woman feels the water rolling in her belly, and the child often moves. Such a discomfort pregnant woman can feel and at a later date. In the eighth month, she may be tormented by moderate watering. 34 weeks are another critical period. At this time, a similar diagnosis is made when the normal amount of fluid is exceeded by 200-400 ml.
Causes that can trigger high water
At the present time, doctors have not yet studied the reasons for which mild polyhydramnios appear during pregnancy. But they highlight several presumptive factors that are capable of provoking a problem:
- Deviations in fetal development.
- Diseases of infectious nature, which the woman suffered.
- Bacterial diseases.
- Some diseases of the vascular system and the heart.
- Conflict of Rh factor in the fetus and the mother.
- Increased sugar in pregnant women.
- Kidney disease (pyelonephritis and the like).
- When several fruits develop.
- If the baby is big enough.
Even if there is one reason, mild water can appear.
Recognize the occurrence of abnormalities associated with polyhydramnios by the following symptoms:
- An enlarged abdomen that does not match the timing.
- During auscultation, the child's heart is hard to hear.
- Increased mobility of the fetus.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- The appearance of striae.
Upon examination and palpation, the doctor will notice the tension of the abdomen and the highly located presenting part. Most often, with this deviation of the pregnant woman, it is difficult to notice hydramnios alone.
Moderate polyhydramnios are treated, eliminating the cause of its appearance. After the delivery of all necessary tests and examinations the doctor will be able to determine the causes of this pathology. Therapy is appointed in a complex manner. It includes diuretics (diuretics), antibiotics and vitamins. They help reduce the amount of water, destroy harmful microorganisms, improve immunity and improve health. If the treatment does not work, then in some cases it causes labor. This occurs not earlier than 35 weeks of pregnancy.
Danger of pathology
Deviation is dangerous because it can cause serious consequences for both the mother and the child. These include:
- Premature birth.
- Detachment of the placenta.
- Death of the fetus.
- The appearance of abnormalities in the development of the baby.
- Infectious infection of mother and child.
- Loss of umbilical cord or fetal limb.
- Unannounced and unrecorded presentation.
- Gestosis of different nature.
Also, the child can not occupy a normal position, because it is in constant motion due to the large number of waters.
Prevention of pathology
In order to prevent its appearance, you need to apply a few simple rules. A future mother is recommended:
- Move more.
- Normal use of liquid.
- Balanced diet.
- Drink vitamins and drugs prescribed by a doctor.
- Timely and regularly undergo examinations, take tests.
- Visit a doctor.
Also in the early stages, it is necessary to exclude the conflict between the Rh factor in the mother and fetus. If you follow all the recommendations and adhere to these simple rules, then the likelihood of a deviation will be minimized. By the way, pathology arises most often because of infections and conflict of Rh factor. Therefore, before pregnancy, go through the examination and, if necessary, treatment.