Modern cassette blinds: features and installation
Cassette roller blinds harmoniously combine the required functionality and original design. Cloth hides in a compact cassette, so that the design can be easily integrated into the interior of both the home and office space.
Closed cassette curtains are an easy-to-use and common type of curtains. Their main feature lies in the aluminum box, in which the roller with the fabric cloth is stored. Here is a fixing device, which lowers and raises the fabric.
The mechanism inside the box makes it possible to fasten the blade at any height - with the help of guides it is easily held parallel to the window sill, and does not depend on the opening degree of the window.
Guides and correctly created mechanism completely cover the side slits, and the roll curtains themselves become a single design of the window space. Therefore, cassette blinds are often used on balconies and loggias.
The material used to make the curtains deserves special attention. It has a coating of water-repellent special composition, which protects the fabric from dirt and fading, so the cassette curtains can be used in the kitchen. In addition, the stores offer an extensive range of colors, which is made in a variety of styles and is suitable for any interior. It is possible to apply patterns that match the decor, or photoprints, but still avoid complex design.
Manufacturers today produce various types of curtains, the main ones are as follows:
- Cassette mini-curtains - this is a budget option, for the installation of which there is no need to drill holes in the frame. The construction is controlled by a long chain. Among the advantages it is worth highlighting the possibility of using on windows of small size.
- Universal cassette curtains, the price of which starts from 1300 rubles, are the most convenient and common option. Thanks to a special design, the fabric does not sag, and the material is protected from penetration of dirt and dust into the box. In turn, they are divided into two types, differing in the mounting method and the device of the guides.
- Cassette roller blinds "Lovolight" are optimally suited for large window openings. The possibility of making decorative lower laths and boxes is the main feature of the curtains. Most often they are found in the decoration of salons and store windows.
- Blinds "day-night" appeared in stores relatively recently. This design is characterized by the possibility of adjusting the sunlight.
Advantages and disadvantages
Cassette curtains have many advantages, the main ones are:
- A wide range of design solutions, shades and shapes, which makes it possible to install in a room with any purpose.
- Adequate ratio of quality and cost.
- Ability to install on any windows.
It was not without drawbacks, for example, despite the extensive choice, it is difficult to choose a certain option for some styles. When used on old windows, if the curtains are completely lowered, it is difficult to open the window, which does not allow to ventilate the room normally. Also in some budget models, a fabric is used which is difficult to clean from stains, this should be paid close attention when buying curtains in the kitchen. In a small room, it is undesirable to use cassette blinds, as they are able to visually reduce the space.
You can choose the original options, depending on the functional of the room, which effectively allocate the style of the interior and protect from excessive sunlight. For interior in a "rustic", minimalist or classic style, cotton, linen, bamboo or mixed material is perfect.
In order to install universal cassette curtains on the windows, it is necessary to fix the plastic box. Depending on the design, it can be held on a double-sided tape or on self-tapping screws. The roll hides in the cassette, and the guides are glued to the bezel to the frame. For the installation of mini-rolls, staples or special Velcro will be used.
If individual production of curtains is required, it is important to correctly remove all measurements, including the distance between the handles and the glass, and the thickness of the mounted beads.
Choice of fabric
It is possible to choose canvases of different density and composition, which differ both in terms of illumination and decorative characteristics. Most of the curtains are treated with antistatic and dust-repellent compositions, which increases the service life and simplifies the care. Among the most common materials are flax, cotton, mixed fabrics, polyester and nylon.