How many chinchillas live in the wild and at home
If you are wondering how many years live chinchillas, then this article will help you find the answer. We will tell you about the life expectancy of these animals and what conditions must be created so that at home they live as long as possible.
These animals from the detachment of rodents differ from their brethren with a soft, delicate, and at the same time dense fur that people use for sewing fur coats. Few people know that chinchilla can become an excellent pet, pleasant to the touch and pleasing to the eye. But more on that later. Another distinguishing feature of the animal is the duration of its life. No rodent will live as much as a chinchilla. Of course, many factors influence the indicator such as the duration of existence.
How long does a chinchilla live?
In the wild, a fur animal can live a long life if it does not become infected with parasites or is caught. The average lifetime of chinchillas in the natural environment can reach 20 years. At home, this figuresomewhat lower. And this is not surprising, since the rodent is dependent on the owner to whom it belongs. Incorrect care, nutrition and poor living conditions can significantly shorten the life span of a chinchilla. How much does chinchilla live at home? Information on this indicator is different. The maximum age of the rodent can be 15-18 years, and this is in view of the fact that the chinchilla will be provided with the most comfortable environment for life. But on average the animals live 8-10 years. Is there any way to influence these figures? Yes. Below we will give you some tips that will help you to make friends of a furry animal for many years to come.
Chinchilla content tips
- Buy chinchillas from breeders in nurseries. There is guaranteed maximum care, and you are given guarantees that the animal is healthy, while in the market you risk wasting money and buying a sick, improperly grown animal.
- Remember, it matters where you bought a chinchilla: in a nursery or in the market, but an important role is played by the owner, who must properly contain the animal, providing it with everything necessary.
- In the room where you plan to contain the chinchilla, the air temperatureshould be 18-20 degrees. A mark above 25 degrees is critical for rodent life.
- Chinchillas are nocturnal animals, used to conduct a passive lifestyle during the day. Any loud sounds can damage the rodent and in rare cases turn into a fatal outcome for him.
- Do not place a chinchilla cage in a draft or near a battery. Overheating and hypothermia are equally harmful to the animal. In doing so, ensure fresh air.
- Be sure to purchase in the pet store special sand for swimming. He needed a chinchilla.
- Cleaning in a cage should be done at least once a week.
- Since initially chinchillas live in nature, they are accustomed to sharpen the teeth with the help of various twigs. At home, this need still remains, so buy your pet pet teeth grinding branches and salt wheels.
- In the cage of the animal should always be clean and fresh water.
So now you know how much a chinchilla lives. We hope that you will enjoy this animal, and you will learn how to properly handle it.