If the room has a fireplace, it necessarily becomes the main highlight of the house. It is he who is considered the family hearth, the most favorite place where the whole family gathers together, meets relatives and friends or secluded to organize their thoughts.
Why do we need a grate for a fireplace
When installing the fireplace in the room, you must purchase high-quality grills for it. They will help to bring a certain comfort, as well as make safer sitting by the fire.
With the help of this prospect, you can add to your hearth the effect of lightness, elegance and unique elegance and make this symbol of family comfort even more attractive, and the overall appearance of the room is harmonious and complete.
You should also remember the practical side of their use. Lattices for the fireplace keep logs and hot coals in the hearth, ensure the safety of its use in the room. In addition, they will not let young children or animals close to the fire.
Types of gratings
Lattices for the fireplace are of several types.
- Built-in. They are mounted in a fireplace near the fire.
- Separate. They are placed vertically, at a distance from the fire to the support.
- Decorative grilles for the fireplace. They are installed only when the fire does not burn. They are made of ordinary non-refractory metal. Such products have their advantages - they can be decorated with almost all materials - from decorative stones and glass, to gilding. And there is absolutely no risk that the flame will melt or spoil the pattern, as this is simply out of the question.
Lattices do not have any limitations in appearance and style, because there are a lot of them. But for a greater chic set forged grates for the fireplace. They are of two types:
- finished products, pre-made in the workshop. Typically, this is a set of patterns, the most in demand in the market;
- forged gratings, made individually, to order. These are elite and especially elegant products, each of which is a unique creation of the master. A pattern for them can be selected on their own or use the services of professional designers.
Feature of forged mantels
- Grids for the fireplace is best to choose in one spirit with the rest of the interior. For example, when choosing a classic English style, you can get a concise design without any pretentiousness. A modern or rococo allows you to use more artistic elements - curls, intricate complex ornaments, look at which you want for hours. Adherents of the classics can choose simple symmetrical drawings. But this does not mean that they will be uninteresting or ugly.
- If desired, you can engrave your initials or family emblem, which is prestigious in the higher circles. Here you need a painstaking and very delicate work.
When installing metal fireplace grates, you will forever get rid of worries about this part of the room. They are strong enough, resistant to high temperatures and not subject to damage. But choosing among them, do not forget to pay attention to the material from which the described decoration of the interior is made, and also for the period of its operation. All the material that is used to make these products must pass all necessary checks and have certain safety certificates.