Why can not children mushrooms? When to give mushrooms to a child
From the nutrition of the child depends on his development and health. That's why parents need to know exactly what foods can be given to babies, and whose consumption is best abandoned. The purpose of this article is to find out whether it is possible for children to give mushrooms.
A few words about mushrooms
Initially, it should be noted that our ancient grandfathers, great-grandfathers, collected mushrooms from time immemorial. This is the product that has been known to our body since time immemorial. That's why many people think that they can be given to children without fear. After all, everything that has grown on your native land is useful as a meal. However, this, unfortunately, is not so.
So, can the children be mushrooms? What do I think of specialists who are far from pediatrics? Scientists-mycologists say that all mushrooms feed from the soil with the help of multiple branches - mycelium. They are able to draw from the soil not only useful trace elements, but also harmful substances, such as pesticides, radionuclides. They perfectly accumulate such heavy metals as lead, zinc, mercury, copper and cadmium. And all this is passed on to man. It is worth noting that these elements do not completely leave the fungus even after its careful heat treatment. So mycologists do not exactly advise giving this food to children. Include in the diet mushrooms, in their opinion, you need as late as possible.
The first "can not". Hard for digestion
So, we begin to understand why children can not have mushrooms. So, this plant is an excellent source of not only proteins, but also rough fiber (fungin). Also in mushrooms there are many B vitamins, essential for the cells of our body. However, there is a definite "but" here. These components are very difficult to digest even by an adult organism. Especially childish. In addition, kids are not yet able to absorb even a piece of the protein that is in the mushrooms. After all, the children do not have the enzymes necessary for this. And they are produced by about 10 years of age.
The second "can not". The accumulators of harmful
Why can not children mushrooms? So, scientists say that these plants are able to accumulate a huge amount of harmful substances from their environment. So that the fungus is completely safe, it should grow in an ecological clean zone. It is important that the place of its cultivation is far from roads and industrial plants, so that the water that is nearby is clean and uncontaminated. There are very few such places on our planet. It is also important to note that mushrooms are capable of accumulating radiation in themselves. So before their reception it is necessary to think carefully, whether it is necessary to consume them not only to kids, but also to the adult.
The third "can not". Virulence
The next reason why children can not mushrooms is the uncertainty in their nature. Even the most experienced mushroom picker can make a mistake and confuse a normal fungus with a poisonous one. Especially dangerous in this case are the products purchased from the hands of the market. After all, not everyone can understand whether there are normal or dangerous mushrooms in the basket. The exception is the mushrooms. They are very difficult to confuse with a toadstool.
The fourth is "impossible". Inability to correctly process
Why can not children mushrooms? So, it is worth noting that they need to be able to properly cook. And how to do it, not all people know. Most mushrooms need to boil three times, collect foam from them. Previously, they need to be cleaned. For example, with oil, you need to remove the slippery crust. This is very important to do, because it gives bitterness and accumulates harmful substances. And unfortunately, not everyone knows about this.
A few words about mushrooms
From the above, you can draw a simple conclusion: mushrooms children can not. They need to be introduced into the baby's diet as late as possible. But parents often ask themselves: "But what about the champignons?" After all, they are no longer collected in the natural environment, but grown on special farms. So, this has its pros and cons. The main positive: they can not be confused with a bad mushroom. Those. normal mushrooms can not poison your body. However, not everyone knows that there are several varieties of this plant. So, if the fungus is slightly overexposed on the farm, it overgrows and has not so beneficial effect on the human body. The safest are pure white mushrooms. Slightly blackened - this is second-or third-rate plants. The next point: mushrooms are easier in the process of digestion and do not give such a huge burden on the body, as, for example, honey agarics. But still able to accumulate harmful substances. And on farms they are necessarily sprinkled with special chemicals for good appearance and as a protection against diseases. So before you make a choice in the direction of champignons, you need to think carefully beforehand, and whether it's worth giving them to the kid at all.
When can you give mushrooms to children? At what age will they not have a negative impact on the growing up organism? So, the opinions of experts in this matter vary (however, as with the reception of chocolate). The age of children in this case is in the range from one and a half to ten years. Why is that? It's about different mushrooms. If we talk about oyster mushrooms or champignons, a three-year-old child can already make soups or gravy on this ingredient. If the mushrooms are "heavy," it is best not to give them to children until the age of ten.
We are going to go further, whether it is possible for children to give mushrooms. So, from their application it is necessary to refuse in such cases:
- Children absolutely can not be given pickled mushrooms. Not only are they already heavy for digestion, so in this case they contain in their composition a huge amount of salt and vinegar.
- Before adolescence, it is best not to give the children mushrooms as an ingredient in pies or together with stewed cabbage. This combination is very difficult for digestion.
- Mushrooms can cause allergies and various food reactions. This is worth remembering. So for the first time you need to give your child a small dose of this food product. Then we need to follow the reaction. And only on the basis of this, draw certain conclusions.
It's time to sum up a little. So, what kind of mushrooms can you eat? Which of them are as safe as possible? They are champignons, as well as oyster mushrooms, grown artificially.
From what age, i.e. when children can mushrooms? You need to introduce them into the diet as late as possible. "Light" mushrooms can be given from three years, but initially it is better as sauces or gravy. "Heavy" mushrooms children should try not earlier than 10 years of age. And then later.