Start of complementary feeding
When the baby turns six months old, each mother wants to know if it's time to add something tasty and useful to the ration of her child.
There are a lot of questions related to the new menu, for example, how to avoid allergies, stomach problems and other things.
Doctors-pediatricians of all countries recommend starting the lure not earlier than six months. Only by this time the digestive system of the child is able to digest other food.
Again, everything is individual here, because each crumbs develops in different ways. If the baby is regularly ill, weak, or born prematurely, then the beginning of complementary feeding simply needs to be postponed.
But if the baby is healthy, he has gained more than two times his weight since birth, then there is no reason to delay adding new dishes to his diet.
The observing district pediatrician will tell in detail how to start feeding the baby. To date, experts in the field of baby food are advised to start with vegetables and cereals. And only then add juices. Acids and sugars contained in fruits like the baby with their bright taste. And porridge will give energy and vivacity. Then go to the fruit juices and mashed potatoes.
Starting with apple juice, offer the baby on the first day 2-3 drops, the second-half teaspoon, gradually bring up to 25 ml.
General rules for starting complementary foods:
- Every day, watch the baby. Allergies, malaise, fever - any of these symptoms - an occasion to interrupt the process of introducing new food and consult a doctor.
- Also, the beginning of complementary feeding should not coincide with the period of preventive vaccinations (three to five days before and after vaccination).
- 37-38 degrees - the optimum food temperature.
- New dishes should be given before the main feed.
- And most importantly: the lure is the gradual introduction of new dishes, they do not feed the baby with them. The crumb only tastes, and the main food is breast milk or milk formula.
Observing these simple rules, you will save the delicate digestive system of your child.
So, the baby grows, the need for other food gradually arises, the milk no longer supplies all the necessary nutrients. The child is developing, he needs strengths for growth and games.
The beginning is laid, now it is important not to overload the menu with a large number of different dishes.
Pumpkin, apple, banana, carrots, zucchini, zucchini - the very first vegetables, berries and fruits in the baby's diet. Buckwheat, millet and rice porridge - from six months. Later we start to give cottage cheese, egg yolk.
It is important to remember that exotic vegetables and fruits can not be categorically eaten as an initial food. There is a child that can grow in the area in which you live.
The beginning of complementary feeding. A few more practical tips:
- Vegetable puree begin to give a quarter teaspoon, increasing the volume daily by about 1.5-2 times, for a week bringing up the age norm. In this case, observe the skin of the child, behind his chair.
- Having brought up to 50-100 ml volume of one kind of vegetable, proceed to the next. A new product should be administered once every two weeks, not more often.
- When introducing vegetables, remember that you can not mix two new species! Only monopure.
- Do not salt the baby's food, do not sweeten it, do not use spices either.
- After a couple of months after the beginning of complementary feeding, it is possible to add vegetable oils, especially linseed oil, to vegetable purees.
To avoid problems such as constipation, diarrhea, allergies, diathesis and others, you should be as cautious as possible to introduce new dishes into the baby's diet. Remember this! And let your child grow up healthy and energetic!