Easy gymnastics for pregnant women: 3 trimester, 2 nd and 1 st
Childbirth is a natural process, despite all its complexity. If a woman is prepared for him, then this is more likely to guarantee a favorable course of childbirth.
The benefits of gymnastic exercises during pregnancy
Motor activity is useful to everyone, including pregnant women. Daily performance of simple gymnastic exercises has a very beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system, blood supply, reducing the risk of fetal hypoxia. Muscles come to a state of tonus, and this helps to cope with the increasing load every month, when often a woman experiences a constant sense of weakness and fatigue. Charging during pregnancy is an opportunity to avoid a set of extra pounds, and also to prevent the appearance of stretch marks and cellulite.
The system of breathing to prepare for childbirth will help special gymnastics for pregnant women. The third trimester for such occupations is an especially important period. Trained breathing contributes to less painful contractions and reduces the risk of fetal asphyxia, the child will receive enough oxygen during the labor process.
Beneficial action exerts gymnastics on the nervous system. Exercises help to relax and avoid nervousness, which is important in this period.
Gymnastics at home
Gymnastics must be practiced from the very beginning of pregnancy in order to maintain good health and shape throughout the prenatal period. But visits to gyms, fitness centers at this time should be avoided, doing best at home. Home gymnastics for pregnant women should last no more than 25 minutes. The most difficult thing here is regularity and constancy. Classes should be conducted daily, and not only when there is a desire and time. Therefore, they should be introduced into the daily routine and strictly observed.
Independent selection of exercises can sometimes harm a future mother or baby. Therefore it will be very good, if with the choice of exercises will help a doctor who watches for pregnancy. He will be able to take into account all the individual characteristics and needs of the organism in each trimester.
Rules of care and contraindications
During pregnancy, you should be very careful about different loads. Therefore, the observance of a number of rules when performing physical exercises will help to avoid trouble:
- Before you start, you need to consult your gynecologist and make sure there are no contraindications. Especially it concerns those expectant mothers who have severe toxicosis, abdominal pain, spotting, tone of the uterine muscle or there is a threat of termination of pregnancy.
- It is necessary to find out which exercises during pregnancy will be useful, and which should not be followed.
- Do not neglect the warm-up, which will warm up the muscles and improve blood circulation.
- The room before classes should be well ventilated, clothes free.
- You can not get too involved - the time of exercise is limited to 15-25 minutes depending on the term. Especially in the first trimester, it is recommended to exercise lightly for pregnant women, occupying no more than 10-15 minutes.
- It is necessary to exclude sharp movements - running, jumping, active games, training on simulators.
- Monitor the heart rate. Pulse should not be above 150 strokes.
- For each pregnancy period there is a complex of gymnastic exercises.
Exercises for 1 term
Strengthening the abdominal muscles, preparing the heart for increasing loads - these are the main tasks that help to solve at the initial stage gymnastics for pregnant women. The first trimester is a period when the body is most vulnerable, so the exercises are recommended the simplest:
- Squats. Standing on the floor, legs apart, legs slightly apart, one hand should be held at the back of the chair, and the other should be pulled aside. Slowly sinking, not taking his heels off the floor, knees to spread apart. It is important that the muscles on the inside of the thigh tighten. Make 8-10 sit-ups.
- Performing slopes alternately in the right and left sides, hands can be kept at the waist or bent at the elbows in front of you.
- Exercise that strengthens the muscles of the chest: standing evenly, keep your hands at the level of the pile, combining your palms. Breathe - tightly squeeze hands, exhale - relax. Run 15 times.
- Stand up straight, climb to your toes, stay in this position and slowly sink. Repeat the exercise 10-15 times.
- Walk for 3-5 minutes walking.
- Doing sweeps in front of you, alternately with one hand and the other.
- Sitting on the floor, perform a circular turn of the head - one and the other side alternately.
It is important to be careful in the process of doing the exercises, you should listen to your body and do not abuse the activities. The lesson time should not exceed 10 minutes.
Gymnastics for pregnant women. 2 trimester
The period of the second trimester is less dangerous, and the stresses are not so terrible. The goals pursued by gymnastics for pregnant women differ slightly. The 2nd trimester requires an improvement in the blood supply to the fetus, strengthening the muscles of the back, waist and abdominal wall. The following exercises are recommended for this:
- "Scissors". Standing on the floor, spread your arms out to the sides and cross them in front of you. Run these movements 10 times. This will help strengthen the chest muscles.
- Sit, bend your knees and tightly connect the feet, then slowly spread your knees to the sides, without taking your feet apart. Repeat 3-4 times.
- Torso spinning in the standing position - first in one direction, then in the other.
- Sitting on the floor, make turns first with your head in both directions, then with your torso, keeping your hands bent in front of you.
In this period, not only light gymnastics will do. Exercise for pregnant women can be supplemented with yoga, fitness, swimming pool.
Complex of exercises for the 3rd trimester
The last months of pregnancy are the most difficult period. Frequent back pain, heaviness in the legs and swelling, problems with the stool - with all this help to cope with gymnastics for pregnant women. The 3 trimester is the time for calmer exercises that are directed directly at preparing for childbirth. The purpose of the classes at this stage is to improve venous blood flow, joint mobility, increase pelvic floor elasticity and stimulation of the intestine. Suggested exercises:
- Lying on my back, pulling my legs to the stomach alternately, bending them in my lap. Repeat 6-7 times.
- Standing on his knees, sit down on his heels and rise. At the moment of squatting, the back is bent, rising - to bend back.
- Sit on the floor, bend the legs to pull to yourself, then, palms lightly pressing on your knees, spread them to the sides, trying to touch them on the floor.
- Stand on all fours, slowly bend and arch your back, repeat 5 times.
Do not exercise too complex and active, because overexertion can lead to the termination of pregnancy. As soon as there is a feeling of fatigue, the activity should be stopped. In order to easier labor has passed, there were no complications during childbirth, and the postpartum period was painless, the exercises should be performed daily for 25-30 minutes. Necessarily in the regime of the day should be gymnastics for pregnant women. The 3rd trimester is the most important in the preparation for childbirth.
Exercises with the ball in the 3rd trimester (fitball)
Exercises with the ball are fairly simple, but very useful, because they help to reduce high blood pressure, normalize blood circulation, relieve fatigue. This is mostly relaxing gymnastics for pregnant women. On the ball, you can sit, lie, leaning on him with the chest, and slightly sway.
In sitting position, putting the ball in front of you, you can squeeze and unclench it with your hands. This exercise promotes the training of pectoral muscles. To strengthen the muscles of the back, you need, while sitting on the ball, to turn the body alternately in one direction and in the other.
Respiratory gymnastics by the method of Litvinova
Proper breathing is of no small importance for the future mother. With its help it is possible to normalize the work of all organs and systems of the body.
The complex of special exercises developed by Svetlana Litvinova has a relaxing and calming effect, helps to distract from stress and reduce the level of anxiety. Learn breathing and help prepare for childbirth breathing exercises for pregnant women. Litvinova included in her complex a selection of simple and familiar exercises for all, which require only 10 minutes a day:
- Chest breathing. The starting position is to stand upright, hands on the hips. Slowly inhale, filling the chest with oxygen. Do not use the diaphragm.
- Diaphragmatic breathing. Holding one hand on his stomach and the other on his chest, inhale, lowering the diaphragm and slightly pushing the stomach out. Then exhale for 4-5 seconds. This breathing improves the fetal blood supply.
- Breath like a dog. To perform the exercise you will have to draw a dog - standing on all fours and sticking out your tongue, you need to breathe your mouth often, as dogs do when they are hot. In this case, the lungs very quickly fill with oxygen, and the child receives enough air.
Exercises that can not be performed during pregnancy
There are a number of exercises that should be avoided during pregnancy. These are all exercises for stretching the muscles of the abdomen, twisting, the bridge, twine, and also gymnastic exercises, when you have to lift your legs ("bicycle", "birch", etc.).
Sports in Pregnancy
During pregnancy, safe sports are recommended. But there are very few of them:
- Fitness. Repetition to the music of simple movements improves the functioning of the heart muscle, blood circulation, saturates the body with oxygen. Quite easily performed such gymnastics for pregnant women. The third trimester is a special period, so do not get involved in fitness during this period.
- Swimming. This is perhaps the most beneficial sport in pregnancy, recommended at any time. You can swim both alone and in a group, but at a later date it's better if a trainer is present nearby. In the water, you can perform various gymnastic exercises. Only it is important not to overdo it - the time of stay in the pool should not be more than 20 minutes.