What symptom of tuberculosis in children is considered the onset of the disease
Tuberculosis, like every disease, has its signs - symptoms. They relate to the general condition of the child and the results that the surveys showed. To say that a single symptom of tuberculosis in children is a 100% disease is not possible.
Sometimes parents are faced with the fact that if after the Mantoux vaccine the trace is higher than the norm, the children are removed from school or forbidden to visit the group in the kindergarten. The only "wrong" reaction of Mantoux - the tuberculin test - still does not say anything.
Mantou can increase for many reasons.
- The vaccine was soaked or rubbed.
- They injected a child whose condition was "borderline," at the beginning or after the illness.
- In the presence of helminthic invasion.
- There is an allergic reaction to tuberculin, or the vaccine has coincided with an allergy to another factor.
Symptoms of tuberculosis in children
They give suspicion of pulmonary tuberculosis, symptoms in children are as follows (if they coincide in time of manifestation):
- General weakness. The child refuses to play, tries to rest.
- Poor appetite.
- Constant sweating, especially should stretch wet palms.
- The temperature, steadily rising in the evening to 37.5 degrees.
- The baby has constant moods, mood swings.
- Enlarged lymph nodes.
Each individual symptom can not be defined as a symptom of tuberculosis in children, but their totality should be made to consult a doctor.
If, with further examination, a detailed blood test shows high ESR, and ultrasound of internal organs - their increase, we can talk about the disease.
It can only be installed by a doctor, after tests and examinations, including a Mantoux test, which was done with proper control.
If the trace from the injection:
- 2 years more than the size of the hem from BCG - vaccination against tuberculosis, made at birth - by 6 mm, or a positive reaction;
- in 3-5 years the change is positive, or the spot itself with the formed papule is more than 12 mm;
- and to 7 exceeds 14 mm, with an increase from the previous sample by 6 mm,
then we can assume that this is a symptom of tuberculosis in children.
Infection with tuberculosis
Most often, children are infected with a stick of Koch - a bacillus of tuberculosis - from adults with a disease in an open form. It is likely to pick up the infection through the objects that the infected person used. Infants "absorb" the infection from a sick mother.
The tubercular bacillus does not always affect the lungs. It spreads through the bloodstream through the body, settles in the spleen, in the liver, kidneys, brain and other organs, including the bone system.
It is possible on a roentgen to see a tuberculosis at children, signs. Photo - X-ray, will show a picture that accurately tells about the presence of caverns in the lungs. With the help of an X-ray, one can also see a process developing in the kidneys and the bone system.
Sometimes a child for a very long time does not notice the manifestations of the disease. This happens if the disease begins with a sluggish form. In addition to excessive fatigue, which parents attribute to the congestion of children during classes, and weight loss, there are no other symptoms. Children complain that it hurts to walk, and they begin to look for arthritis and rheumatism. But there are cases of acute infection, when the symptom of tuberculosis in children takes the form of a seasonal viral infection, high T appears and cough, lymph nodes increase. All this continues for a time much longer than during the flu or ARI.
If the fever and cough last for more than a week, you should always call a doctor. After 2 weeks in the sputum, released during coughing, blood veins may appear, and it will be more difficult to treat such a disease. Tuberculosis, detected at an early stage, is treatable and does not give complications.