Which is the best filler for a blanket: types and differences
In conditions of the Russian climate it is impossible to do without a blanket. More recently, it was customary to transfer bedding by inheritance. But the times of total deficit have passed, and manufacturers offer a huge assortment of different blankets for every taste and purse. The buyer, coming to the store, chooses the products according to their appearance and size. But pay special attention to the filler, because when choosing a blanket, this criterion is the most important. So what is the best filler for a blanket?
Variety of products
Manufacturers offer a variety of fillers to choose from. Traditional natural materials, such as wool, fluff, feather or silk, remain market leaders. Vegetable fillers from bamboo, buckwheat husk and medicinal herbs are gaining popularity among consumers. And artificial ones, such as silicone, hollofayer, sintepon, are in demand due to their good characteristics and relatively low cost.
Artificial or natural?
What is the best filler for a blanket, the consumer chooses, because everyone has their own preferences. One is hot and in the minus 30, while others freeze in the hottest summer day. Before buying it is worth paying attention to the characteristics of a particular material. Natural well warm, but artificial do not cause allergies and cheaper.
Natural woolen filler
Blankets with woolen fillings are longevous. They are very warm and at the same time they pass air well. But they need delicate care.
In nature, a camel withstands large temperature changes in the desert - from heat to frost. Under the camel blanket in the cold heat, and in warm weather is not hot. Wool is not electrified, and under such a blanket, sleep will be pleasant. Camel wool is especially valued for its ability to absorb moisture and at the same time remain dry.
For people who are prone to frequent colds, such a blanket is simply irreplaceable. Wool has a powerful therapeutic effect: neutralizes toxins, relieves joint pain, facilitates arthritis and sciatica.
Care for a blanket of camel wool is not complicated, it can be washed by hand at 30 ° C or dry cleaned. When buying, you should smell the product. If there is a persistent smell of wool, then it is better to refrain from buying - the wool has not gone through a full cycle of cleaning or the production technology has been disrupted.
Thinking about which blanket is better, which filler to use safer, pay attention to sheep's wool. On sale there are thin blankets suitable for cool summer nights (density 150 g / m 2), universal (density 300 g / m 2) and very warm (400 g / m 2). Such bedspreads perfectly pass the air and retain heat, while they absorb moisture. Thanks to the natural curl of the sheep, their wool keeps the shape for a long time and does not cake. Sheep wool is resistant to mites and other pests. In addition, it normalizes heart rhythms, reduces rheumatic, muscle and joint pain. If necessary, the blanket can be washed by hand at 30 ° C or dry cleaned.
Goat Down, Cashmere
Blankets made of goat fluff are incredibly light and warm. When answering the question, which filler for a blanket is better, customer reviews of cashmere are only positive. They have all the positive characteristics of woolen fillers and do not cause allergies. This blanket can not be washed - only dry cleaning. That it lasts longer, it should be regularly ventilated in the shade. Such a blanket has one minus - a high cost.
Choosing which blanket is better to buy, with what filler it will last longer, it is worth paying attention to the novelties of the market - blankets with plant materials. Thanks to modern technologies, improved methods for processing fibers have appeared, which make it possible to make bed linens with excellent characteristics from vegetable raw materials.
- Bamboo - the fastest growing plant on earth. For its cultivation, fertilizers and chemicals are not used. In the bamboo fiber, all the useful properties of this amazing plant are preserved. This fiber absorbs well and evaporates moisture, it perfectly passes air and keeps heat. In addition, bamboo is able to remove toxins and radioactive elements from the body, relaxes muscles, stimulates blood circulation. Natural material does not irritate the skin, does not cause allergies, does not absorb odors. When leaving such a blanket does not require any trouble, it can be safely washed in a typewriter at 40 ° C. Drying is recommended in the unfolded form.
- Buckwheat husks. Blankets with such a filler are an eco-friendly product with a powerful therapeutic effect. Under such a blanket is not hot, it is not intended for cold rooms. In other cases, sleeping under it is comfortable. Buckwheat husk does not cause allergies, it has an easy massage effect on the whole body. Of course, it is impossible to wash it, but the producers have provided this nuance and produce buckwheat blankets in special cases.
- Cotton, or simplywadding. It is known for a long time, it keeps well the heat, does not retain moisture. But problems arise when the blanket needs to be washed. It will not fit into the machine, it can not be washed on hands - it is very heavy, and dry cleaning will cost dearly.
Blankets made of silk
Secured people do not wonder what is better filler for a blanket, but buy bed linen from silk. This material has no drawbacks, perhaps, except for one - the price.
Silk perfectly keeps the heat, does not cake, it does not mite, and allergy to silk is extremely rare. For production use silkworm fibers of two types - bred specifically for industrial products and wild. The cultivated species is more expensive, the blankets are thinner and lighter. It looks white with a pearl luster. Wild silkworm has a coarser fiber, which must be bleached and subjected to additional processing. This fiber does not shine and looks white like cotton wool.
Silk blankets should be ventilated. But to wash only in expensive dry cleaners, which have specialized equipment. Light dirt or stains can be washed by hand with warm water with the addition of special products for delicate fabrics.
Blankets filled with fluff are classic. They are light, practical and very warm. Now you can meet and swan feathers, and penguins, and goose. The most expensive blankets - from eider's down. But down and feather blankets are complex in care, and besides can become a source of allergy.
The chemical industry produces a variety of materials that are easy to clean, inexpensive and durable. And today, many buyers do not think about which filler for the blanket is the best, but choose an artificial one.
The cheapest of all possible types of fillers. But products from it quickly wear out. In addition, unscrupulous manufacturers use cheap sintepon (it is made from recycled plastic bottles), which, moreover, is not of high quality, can also be toxic.
This is the most popular of synthetic fillers. Blankets with such a filling are light, airy, warm. According to some indicators, they even surpass woolen and downy. Hollofayber fireproof and antistatic, does not absorb moisture, but takes it out. The material absolutely does not cause allergies and is ideal for those who suffer from asthma. To look after such a blanket is also easy. It can withstand multiple machine washings at medium temperatures with the use of any detergent. To prolong the service life, it is not recommended to press the blanket, it will dry out in the fresh air so quickly.
Silikonizirovanny material in the form of balls. Blankets with such a filler do not absorb odors and dust, can withstand high temperatures, are completely non-toxic. Komforel perfectly holds the shape and keeps the heat. The blanket can be washed safely at 30 ° C in a car, pressed and even dried. After washing, it must be spread out on a flat surface and level the filler.
This filler is affordable, absorbs moisture well, but it quickly crumples and becomes unusable.
A few more tips on choosing a blanket
It is impossible to say unequivocally with which filler it is better to buy a blanket. Customer feedback varies according to individual preferences. But when buying, you should pay attention to several other aspects.
- It is worth sniffing the blanket before buying. No foreign odors should be at bed linen! If there is a smell, this indicates a producer's dishonesty.
- Downy products need to be probed for tartness. Of course, the standards allowed the presence in the feather of a feather, but not more than 2% of the total mass. If the fingers feel feathery feathers, then this product does not comply with the regulations.
- The size of the blanket should be slightly larger than the bed, by 5-10 cm.
- If people with different temperature sensations sleep in the same bed (one is always cold and the other is hot), then it is better to take two separate blankets with different fillers.
- The blanket heat factor is indicated on the label with dots. Five points - the warmest.
Buying a blanket for a child is a separate topic. A crumb can not tell parents about discomfort or inconvenience. Therefore, you should choose especially carefully the blanket for the child. From what filler it is better - to solve to parents. Under the woolen baby it will be warm and comfortable, but if the child is addicted to allergies, then you should choose a silicone or bamboo blanket.
Choosing a blanket is individual
Each person is individual, and therefore it is impossible to say unequivocally what blanket with which filler is better to choose. Everyone chooses the goods according to their preferences, for their convenience. But when choosing bedding, you need to consider all the factors, including your health. The buyer decides for himself what is the best filler for the blanket, depending on the requirements imposed on this subject.