How to increase breast milk: a few simple recommendations
Any doctor will say that for a child, natural feeding is much more useful than artificial feeding. Therefore, many mothers are interested in how to increase breast milk. Some of them, worrying about the fact that their baby does not eat up and can remain hungry, practice supplementing with a mixture from a bottle. But in fact, all this can be avoided: it is enough to make a control weighing to find out whether the child is gaining weight according to his age. If everything is normal, then there can not be any starvation, otherwise it is necessary to really think about how to increase breastmilk.
Methods of increasing lactation
- It is necessary to increase the number of feedings. So the production of breast milk increases.
- You need to feed both breasts for one feeding. First let's one, and when the baby lets her go, switch to the second one. So continue until the milk is gone. This will prevent stagnation and avoid mastitis.
- After the next feeding it is necessary to be convinced, that the child has drunk all "to the last drop". If it is not so, then you need to express the remaining milk in a bottle. If you can not do it yourself after feeding, it's better to make an incomplete decantation before it. So the baby will suck more effectively, though almost empty.
- Offer the child to "eat" at his request, or about any diet and there can be no talk. In our time, almost all people use the method of feeding at the request of the baby.
- It is recommended during the feeding to perform self-massage of the breast, which also allows you to increase breast milk.
- It is very important not to skip the meal at night. If the child does not require this, you still need to express the milk manually.
- Observe the calorie content of the food you eat. Especially if there are problems with the weight of the baby. For this, it is better to consult a breastfeeding specialist. It is recommended the use of protein foods. No diet is out of the question.
- Practice proper breastfeeding. Very often, due to the incorrect position of the baby's head in relation to the body of the mother, milk does not come in the required quantity.
- Important comfort during feeding to you and the baby, and, of course, skin-to-skin contact. It is also much more convenient and pleasant. It is best to feed in bed, this will relax the spine, and the baby longer to enjoy the breast.
- It is not recommended to sleep on the stomach. It is believed that the breast is compressed in this way and this interferes with the normal production of milk.
- It is not necessary to accustom the baby to a dummy, since it will not be possible to increase breast milk if the child will passively squeeze the breast.
- You should increase fluid intake, especially before feeding.
- Avoid contraceptive pills during lactation.
- Eliminate bad habits.
- Do not allow the breast to be filled with milk.
In addition, in our time there is a large number of various food additives, herbs and other drugs that will help to decide how to increase breast milk. But before using them, it is better to consult a doctor.
The success of breastfeeding depends entirely on you and your child. The main thing is the desire to grow a healthy baby.