How to hold the cat in your arms in order to make it pleasant for the owner and the pet
For many people, the question of how to properly hold a cat in his arms will seem strange. They do not see any difficulty in this simple action: he took the kitty, stroked and got pleasure from it. In reality, everything is not so simple. There are many subtleties that must be taken into account before taking a kitten in his arms.
Not every four-legged pet enjoys the fact that the owner limits his movements. There are such cats who struggle with all their might to anyone who tries to pick them up. And having got into strong master's hands, try to escape as soon as possible.
Everyone knows the phrase: "The cat walks by itself." It is based on natural instincts, preserved in their genotype even after a large amount of time from the moment of their domestication. This is the main reason why pets do not like being in master hands.
The owners of cats tend to raise and pet their pet as often as possible. To please both the person and the animal, it is necessary to disassemble in detail the question of how to properly hold the cat in his arms.
How to take a cat?
Before studying the question of how to properly raise and hold a cat, it is necessary to remember a few simple rules for treating an animal:
- Avoid excessive squeezing of the pet's body. He will remember your actions and next time will try to avoid these unpleasant sensations. The cat will associate pain with the person who caused it.
- Do not keep your pet against his will. At the first attempt to leave, release him. Holding all the forces of an escaping animal will lead to nothing good.
- Loud mewing, which publishes a pet, when you try to pick it up - a signal that you previously caused him inconvenience or hurt.
The following sequence of actions will tell you how to properly take a cat in your arms:
- Make sure that the pet is friendly, not busy with active pastime and is not afraid of you.
- Do not hurry and without making sharp movements, approach him.
- Affectionately address to the cat or say something good to her.
- Stroke the cat and scratch it behind the ear.
- A relaxed animal is a signal that it does not mind being in your hands. You can also understand this by meek mewling, purring and looking into the eyes.
- Hold one arm under the cat's body just behind the front paws. Another take her by the rear and gently lift it.
- The cat is pressed to itself so that she feels comfort and safety.
How to keep a cat in your arms?
The animal should be near the breast. Never squeeze it, just press it lightly against yourself. Keep an animal's body almost straight. Do not let it sag and position upside down. If the domestic pet feels uncomfortable, he will try to escape from his hands. To achieve this, sharp claws and teeth can be used. The head of the cat should be just above the trunk.
You can not raise the animal by the scruff, despite the prevalence of this technique. If cats similarly drag the kittens, this does not mean that this method of movement is suitable for adults. After 3 months, the cat has a large size, so raising the withers will bring her strong pain and threatens with muscle trauma.
How to let go of a cat from hand?
If everything is done right, but after a while the cat begins to feel uncomfortable, it means it's time to let it go. Do not try to keep the cat by force, because she will feel fear and panic. With each such case, the trust of the pet to the owner will begin to decrease and take on his hands will be more difficult.
Put your pet on the ground in such a way that he stands on all his paws, and clean your hands. Do not throw a cat at all! Sometimes she can jump herself, so do not be scared.
Now you know how to take a cat in your arms. The tips given below will help to avoid unpleasant feelings to the owner and the pet by means of communication:
- The cat should not be taken with one hand, because this movement will cause her discomfort. The animal will begin to resist and try to leave your company. Always raise the pet with both hands.
- Do not act against the cat's will, do not use force. Do not forget that some pets in principle do not like when they are raised. Take the animal only when it is really necessary: a visit to the veterinarian, a trip to the exhibition or transportation to the dacha.
- You can not shout at the beast and make sudden movements. During communication use a soft tone and affectionate expressions.
When everything is done correctly and contact with the kitty is established, then after some time she will begin to strive to find yourself in your arms. The most important thing in answering the question about how to keep a cat in his arms is to create a sense of security for him, absence of physical and psychological discomfort. Affectionate and patient attitude is the key to achieving mutual understanding between a person and a pet.
Cats are one of the most popular pets. In view of the widespread distribution, many people have the impression that keeping the animal is very simple. This is not entirely true, because even experienced animal lovers sometimes make mistakes in their content. Future owners have a lot of questions about how to hold a cat properly, how to feed and how to care.
Feed your cat better fresh foods without chemical additives. Her digestive system is different from ours, so the diet should be unique. Meat products before serving better to pass on with boiling water or boil. From time to time, the menu includes dairy products, eggs, cereals and vegetables. Do not give the animal fried foods, salt, spices and river fish.
In extreme cases, you can use dry or canned food. Not all of them are useful, so the choice should be stopped on the highest quality fodders, made from natural ingredients. Only they are able to provide a full and balanced nutrition of the pet.
Wool cats need care, especially this applies to decorative breeds. They need to be combed every day. Without this procedure, long-haired cats may have problems with the digestive system, which is clogged with scraps of wool during licking. There are special drugs that help to remove hair from the stomach. Cats with short hair are recommended to comb out once a week.
Bathing pets is carried out twice a year. The procedure contributes to the preservation of skin health.