How to properly hold a cat in your arms, so that it is pleasant to the owner and pet
For many people, the question of how to properly hold a cat in your arms will seem strange. They do not see any difficulty in this simple action: he took the cat, stroking and getting pleasure from it. In reality, everything is not so simple. There are many subtleties that must be considered before taking a kitten into his arms.
Not every four-legged pet feels pleasure from the fact that the owner restricts his movement. There are such cats that are struggling to resist anyone who tries to raise them. And having got into strong master's hands, they try to get out as quickly as possible.
Everyone knows the phrase: "The cat walks by itself." It is based on natural instincts that have been preserved in their genotype even after a large amount of time since their domestication. This is the main reason why pets do not like being in master's hands.
Cat owners tend to lift and iron their pet as often as possible. In order to please both man and animal, it is necessary to sort out in detail the question of how to properly hold the cat in your arms.
How to take a cat?
Before studying the question of how to properly raise and hold a cat, it is necessary to remember a few simple rules for handling animals:
- Avoid overpressing the pet. He will remember your actions and next time will try to avoid these unpleasant feelings. In a cat, the pain will become associated with the person who caused it.
- Do not hold your pet against his will. At the first attempt to leave, release it. Holding by any means of escaping an animal will not lead to anything good.
- The loud meow, which publishes a pet, when you try to raise it - a signal that you previously brought him inconvenience or hurt.
The following sequence of actions will tell you how to take the cat on your hands:
- Make sure your pet is friendly, not busy with active pastime and not afraid of you.
- Slowly and without making sudden movements, approach it.
- Affectionately refer to the cat or say something good in its address.
- Stroke the cat and scratch it behind the ear.
- A relaxed animal is a signal that it does not mind being in your hands. You can also understand this by a gentle meow, purring and looking into the eyes.
- Get one arm under the cat's body right behind the front paws. Take the other one by the rear and carefully lift it.
- Pull the cat to her to feel comfort and safety.
How to keep a cat in your arms?
The animal should be near the chest. Never squeeze it, just enough to pull to itself. Keep the animal's body almost straight. Do not allow it to sag and stand upside down. If the pet feels discomfort, it will try to escape from the hands. Sharp claws and teeth can be used to achieve this. The head of the cat should be just above the torso.
You can not lift the animal by the scruff, despite the prevalence of this technique. If cats drag kittens in a similar way, this does not mean that this way of moving is suitable for adults. After 3 months, the cat is large, so lifting it at the withers will bring it strong pain and threatens with muscle injury.
How to let the cat go?
If everything is done correctly, but after some time the cat begins to feel uncomfortable, then it is time to let it go. You should not try to keep the cat by force, because she will feel fear and panic. With each such case, the pet's confidence in the owner will begin to decrease and it will become more and more difficult to take it in hand.
Put your pet on the ground in such a way that it stands on all its feet, and remove your hands. Do not throw the cat! Sometimes she can jump herself, so do not be afraid of this.
Now you know how to properly take a cat in your arms. The tips below will help avoid the owner and pet as a result of communication:
- You should not take a cat with one hand, because this movement will cause her discomfort. The animal will begin to resist and try to leave your company. Always lift the pet with both hands.
- Do not act against the cat's will, do not use force. Do not forget that individual pets in principle do not like when they are raised. Take an animal only when it is really necessary: a visit to the veterinarian, a trip to the exhibition or transportation to the country.
- You can not shout at the beast and make sudden movements. During communication, use a soft tone and affectionate expression.
When everything is done correctly and the contact with the cat is established, after some time she will begin to strive to find herself in your arms. The most important thing in answering the question of how to properly hold a cat in your arms is to create a sense of security, a lack of physical and psychological discomfort. Affectionate and patient attitude is the key to achieving mutual understanding between a person and a pet.
Cats are one of the most popular pets. Due to the wide distribution of many, it seems that it is very easy to keep an animal. This is not quite true, because even experienced animal lovers sometimes make mistakes in their content. Future owners have many questions about how to hold a cat in their arms, what to feed and how to care.
It is better to feed the cat with fresh products without chemical additives. Her digestive system is different from ours, so the diet must be peculiar. Meat products before serving better pour boiling water or boil. From time to time the menu includes dairy products, eggs, cereals and vegetables. Do not give the animal fried food, salt, spices and river fish.
In extreme cases, dry or canned feeds can be used. Not all of them are useful, so the choice is to stop on the highest quality feed made from natural ingredients. Only they are able to provide a complete and balanced nutrition of the pet.
Wool cats needs care, especially for decorative breeds. They need to be combed every day. Without this procedure, long-haired cats may have problems with the digestive system, which is clogged with shreds of wool during licking. There are special drugs that promote the removal of hair lumps from the stomach. Short-haired cats should be combed once a week.
Bathing pets spend twice a year. The procedure contributes to the preservation of skin health.