How to trim the claws of cats correctly
The claws of cats grow throughout life and are constantly updated. To speed up the process of regeneration and to facilitate it, they need to sharpen them, scratching sometimes completely unsuitable things and interior items. And quite often these fuzzy traumatized claws of their owners. But how to cut the claws of cats, if they constantly break out? Maybe they should be deleted? Of course not. Nothing to mock your pet so as to provide him with a comfortable existence. It is enough to look after claws once or twice a month.
To do this, it is desirable to accustom your pet to such an unpleasant process from birth. How to cut the claws of the cats, if they are still uninformed? Be gentle with them: iron their paws, so that they relax, gradually shifting to the pads. Then start pressing them a little until the claws appear. These exercises need to be done as often as possible, and the procedure will not be absolutely no difficulty.
There is one more way of how to trim the claws of cats: it consists in applying sedatives. Give your pet a little sleeping pills, from him he will not sleep, but will be very sluggish. The main thing, always remember, do not cut your claws while playing, or while the animal is in an excited state. You do not need to do this by force. True, there are such pets who can not be accustomed to this process, then we still have to use force, but this is for the benefit of the animal. In this case, it is necessary to wrap it in order not to damage it, or to prevent it from scratching you.
Is it possible to trim the claws of a cat if it is afraid of it? The correct answer is: it is necessary. All pets need hygiene procedures. Otherwise, the claws can be inhabited by parasites or a fungus can be planted. If your pet goes for a walk on the street, he puts his claws on the asphalt, stones, trees, and if he's home, then you have to help him.
There are eight easy (understandable to each beginning owner) advice on how to trim the claws of cats:
- First of all, wash your hands with soap and thoroughly treat the scissors or special device with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide.
- Take the pet in his arms. Follow him, talk to him, calm him. Hold the foot gently, but that it can not slip out of your hands at the most crucial moment.
- Push the center of the cushions very gently so that the claw gets out.
- Look at it in the light to see the edge that can be cut.
- Trim off the tip of the claw, leaving a few millimeters.
- Repeat the procedure with each claw.
- If the kitten is calm during the procedure, then encourage and praise it. You can give him something tasty or vitamins.
- If you suddenly cut your pet, the main thing - do not panic! Just treat the wound with hydrogen peroxide.
And if someone asks you: "Is it possible for the cats to cut their claws?" Safely answer: "Yes!"
Take care of your pet, and it will please you with good health and good mood.