How to teach a child to tie shoelaces in different ways independently
Although at present the skill to tie shoelaces on shoes is not as necessary as before (due to the spread of lightning and Velcro), everyone must master this science. Not every parent knows how to teach a child how to tie a shoelace, but this can be very exciting.
At what age is it better to start training a baby?
Do not expect a two-year-old child to perform a task accurately and accurately. Most often, children master this science to 4-6 years. By the way, girls usually learn to knot before boys. How to teach a child how to tie a shoelace? It must be remembered that the beginning of work should be conducted from an early age. The development of fine motor skills is very important!
- Children up to a year need to regularly massage their fingers, learn rhymes with the participation of pens (such as "Ladushki", "Magpie-Crow").
- Since two years, you can sort the beads and buttons, do modeling of dough and plasticine, drawing with paints.
- From the age of three, the child can be offered training equipment for tying shoelaces and button fastening.
The first way of tying
The main ways to tie a shoelace is to tie one or two loops. The method using two loops is much easier for training, but the node obtained with it is not as strong. "Grandmother's knot" do this: two loops, obtained from the free ends of the lace, cross and drag the loop through the middle of the resulting "arches."
How to tie a bow on laces? The child must constantly see the whole sequence of actions on the example of an adult. First, teach the baby to fold beautiful and even eyelets from laces that look like the ears of a fun bunny. Then start learning to cross the "ears" and drag one of them through the "arch". Interest the child by telling him an interesting tale.
Ways to tie shoelaces: a strong knot
A one-loop method is more difficult to train, but reliable. To teach the kid this art, think up a teaching fairy tale for him and repeat it every time with new attempts to master the method. How to tie a shoelace in a second way? From the free end of one lace you need to make a neat loop. The free end should be wrapped around the first loop and pull it out of the middle. Then the nodule is carefully tightened.
Instead of a fairy tale, you can use a special count. If the fantasy is tight, then just clearly and clearly comment on each of its actions.
Animation approach to learning
Do not know how to simply tie your shoelaces? Bring to school a favorite children's lesson - watching animated films. On the expanses of the network you can find a large number of educational cartoons on this topic. Use the computer with the benefit, because funny videos can interest the kid and in an easy, game form to begin his training. Naturally, after watching cartoons, the acquired knowledge must necessarily be fixed in practical exercises with mom or dad.
Do not forget about the creative, gaming approach. Let your child have as many didactic games as possible, allowing him to train fine motor skills of his hands.By the way, lacing is easy to do by yourself. Draw on the cardboard sneakers, paint with bright paint and pierce with an awl hole for the laces. Useful toy is ready!
A personal example of a parent
How to teach a child how to tie a shoelace? Before many parents this question is acute. But not everyone knows how important is the parent's own example. Every day you need to show your child how you tie your own shoes. When the child has mastered the basics of skill, stand beside him and lace each of his shoes. It is always clear to pronounce every action. Do not forget that you should not stand in front of, but on the side of the child. Otherwise, the baby can easily confuse the right and left sides.
Useful tips for parents
- Begin training with large subjects. It may not even be laces, but a belt from a robe, for example. Having understood the principle of tying on a large object, the baby will probably sort out his laces.
- Do not be in a hurry and do not be nervous. Remember that a child can not learn this right away. You will have to repeat the show a thousand times before the baby understands how to tie a bow on laces.
- If the kid does not succeed, do not be angry with him, let alone call him or punish him! This will only further inhibit the learning process. Be patient and you will be delighted with the excellent result.
- Do not forget about positive motivation and praise. This is an important point. True, there must be borders. If the kid has made an inaccurate and crooked bow on laces, it is not necessary to praise him unconditionally. Tell him that he is good, but the next bow must be much prettier.
- Difficulties with learning arise in families where the parent is right handed, and the kid is left-handed, or vice versa. In this case, there is often confusion. An excellent solution is to invite a relative or friend of the family who can work with his left hand. Let him show the baby how to tie shoelaces on shoes.
Now you know how to teach a child how to tie a shoelace. Hurry with the training is not necessary, but it is impossible to slow down the process. By the age of six years the child must learn this skill for the top five. Remember that a six-year-old is a future first-grader. At school, his classmates will tease him for not being able to tie his shoelaces.