How to treat a manga in fish: furatsilinom, salt, Antipar
The appearance of white spots on the body of your favorite fish causes a real panic. Ichthyophthyrosis and how to treat "manga" in fish is the subject of our article. We will help beginners to cope with the problem. Fans and those who are seriously engaged in breeding, know a lot of ways how to treat "manga" in aquarium fish. Today we will reveal some secrets.
In order to start treatment on time and not to lose pets, you need to correctly identify the disease from which they suffer. First we determine that this is exactly ichthyophthyrosis, and then we think how to treat fish from "manga". What does the "manka" look like? Here you can focus on the name. It is given disease not in vain. Because in appearance the fish looks like it was poured on semolina. The body is covered with many small white dots not more than a millimeter in diameter. In this case, the longer the wait, the more spots appear on the body. Another sign - sick individuals chaotically swim back and forth, while it is clear that they are itching with the body on the stones and walls of the vessel. The cause of the disease is the infection that the infusoria ichthyophthirus spreads, hence the name of the disease.
Ways of infection
The parasite has a body in the shape of an egg, and its size is only one millimeter. An infusorian lives only two weeks. After the infusoria enters the body of the victim, it becomes saturated for a couple of days. Then, full, it crawls out through the skin. Its output looks like a white dot. Having descended to the very bottom of the aquarium, the infusoria begins to multiply. When the breeding is over, she begins to look for the next victim for food. Not finding one, the parasite is dying of hunger. During one cycle of reproduction, the infusoria displays thousands of similar ones. Therefore, the problem really exists, and it's not for nothing that people are concerned about how to treat aquarium fish from a manga.
The best way to escape from diseases is to prevent them. Preventive procedures play an important role here. What should I do not to ask then how to treat "manga" in fish:
- The water that is poured into the aquarium must necessarily be filtered.
- Do not overcool the water in which pets live.
- If you have purchased new individuals, do not release them immediately into the aquarium, let them live in a separate vessel so that you can observe; it is the newcomers that are most often the carriers of disease; in addition, pests can be ingested with food or water.
How to treat "manga" in fish
The easiest way to treat the disease is to apply a procedure to raise the temperature of the water. You need to do this very carefully, otherwise you can kill all the fish. Increasing the water temperature by two to three degrees shortens the period of the infusoria in the body of the victim, it comes out of it and dies. Leaving such a temperature for a short time, you will help restore the immunity of a sick individual. But do not overdo it. Where there is one disease, there may be more. Immunity should be raised with special medications.
It is also recommended to collect water from the bottom using a tube. Leave about a quarter of the total. Top up new water. Remove the fish from the aquarium. Infuzoria will die without food. Those fish that have been infected should be kept separate until they recover completely.
Furacilin to the rescue
In addition to an elementary increase in the temperature of water, experts know how to treat "manga" in fish with furatsilinom. How to do it?
- You do not need to change anything in the state of the aquarium: change the water, raise the temperature, turn off the apparatus.
- Dissolve one tablet of furacilin in forty milliliters of water and pour the mixture into the aquarium.
- Pour ¼ part of water daily and top up a new one.
- In a day, pour in a solution of furacilin.
- Do the procedure for three weeks, and if necessary - longer.
- In a few days you will notice improvements, scabies will disappear, pets will start eating.
What would we do without salt?
Another useful tip is how to treat saltwater fish in aquarium fish. There is one nuance in this treatment. Aquarium plants do not like salt and will die if they are not removed in time. Some fish can not be in salt water either. Here the approach must be individual. It all depends on the kind of pets in your aquarium. Having completed the training, we proceed to treatment. You can act in many ways. The first way:
- increase the water temperature to thirty degrees;
- add to the aquarium cooked uniodized salt at the rate of a tablespoon of salt for ten liters of water;
- keep this water for a month until all are well;
- in parts replace all the water with fresh.
- osadite the infected fish in a separate vessel;
- pour salt on the bottom of the vessel (about thirty grams per liter of water);
- twice a day, change the water;
- do the procedure for ten days.
The second method is designed for the fact that the fish swim from above, and the infusoria falls down on the salt and dies. You timely replace water and clean the dead parasites.
"Antipar" as an outlet
A separate question is how to treat a manga from fish "Antiparas". Many praise this method, since the drug is used to treat a variety of diseases and the destruction of various pests and parasites, including infusorians. How to treat correctly? This drug is used for both treatment and prevention. For the prevention of a short-term bath. Ten milliliters of water are added to ten liters of water. The bath lasts three hours. If you notice signs of illness, repeat the bath in two days.
If the disease progresses, the transfer of sick individuals to a vessel with a solution (one milliliter of "Antipara" per fifty liters of water) is applied for a week. This method is called long-term bathrooms.
During treatment, you need to turn off all the lighting in the aquarium, do not filter out the water, so as not to disturb the concentration. Plants and decorations are not necessary to clean. The water temperature should be about 25 degrees. The drug is very effective, but with excessive use can harm fish. Therefore, at the end of the treatment, all that was in the aquarium with Antipar should be disinfected. It's best if you treat it all with boiling water.
Malachite green and other
The last thing we will tell you about is how to treat "manga" in fish with the help of malachite green dye and drugs. For this we need:
- Replace a third of the water in the aquarium new.
- Turn off the filtering or put the filter on a weak mode.
- Add to the water a proven drug, purchased in a specialized store.
- Before adding the medicine, change the quarter of the water to fresh.
- Raise the water temperature a couple of degrees.
- We pour a pinch of salt every day: this speeds up the healing of the wounds on the body.
- After a week, we replace the water with clean water, turn on the filters.
- After a day, lower the water temperature to the normal level.
- In case we use the malachite dye, add 0,06 milligrams per liter of water, the color should be hardly green.
- Preparations that are recommended for use: "Super Ik Ker", "Faunomor", "Sulfur Costapur".
Remember that only those pests that die out of the preparations die out and are in the water. Fish that have already suffered this infection have acquired immunity. But these same individuals can safely carry parasites and infect others. Infusoria can hide both on the body and in the gills, and in a favorable time for them to strike again.
We hope that the information in the article helped you. People who grow fish for a long time, have learned to fight with various diseases. After all, what can be better to calm and please than beautiful fish floating in clear water. Few things can compare with their beauty. And that the inhabitants of the aquarium as long as possible pleased your gaze, you need to carefully monitor their health.