Health groups for retired people who do not want to grow old
To maintain good health in the elderly, you need to pay close attention to the systematic exercise of physical exercises. Health groups for pensioners help elderly people to strengthen joints, muscles, increase endurance, increase coordination of movements, maintain respiratory system, cardiovascular system in working condition. Instructors working with this contingent are choosing such exercises that would exclude the possibility of injuries and injuries.
What should the coach take into account when working with older people?
Exercises for pensioners in the health group should not include tasks for speed (time-based races), power actions (rod concept). The load should be selected by the instructor taking into account the individual status of the pensioner. Exercise complexes for older people are better in the morning. The number of repetitions of one task is no more than 10 times.
How correctly to distribute loads?
Health groups for retired people are engaged with experienced instructors, who ensure that "newcomers" do not overdo 2-3 days after the beginning of the exercise with physical exertion. Gradually, the duration of classes increases, new movements and exercises are added. It is desirable to combine breathing exercises (gymnastics) with physical tasks.
Variant of a complex of physical exercises
The health group for pensioners in Moscow is in every district of the capital. Older people visit them not only for sports, but also for communication. What can be included in the classroom for this age category?
- The legs are set on the width of the shoulders, hands are placed on the waist. Head gently tilt to the left and right shoulder (alternately), trying to reach the ear. Then the slopes perform forward and backward, trying to touch the chest with the chin. Gradually, the speed of movement increases. When performing this exercise, the head should not rotate. As the final element in a clockwise direction, a circular movement of the head is performed.
- The starting position remains the same. Slowly we tilt the body to the right, we pull the right hand to the knee. At the same time, the left arm is raised to the armpit. Do the same as the slopes to the left. When performing the task, we try not to make sudden movements.
- We return to the starting position. Carry out circular motions with shoulders. The back is maximally rounded during the exercise, trying to bring the shoulder blades together.
- We have legs on the width of the shoulders, stretch out our arms in front of us. We reduce and divorce both hands simultaneously, doing the "scissors" exercise. Then we make circular motions with our hands.
- Hands put on the waist, legs are on the width of the shoulders. Turn the right trunk to the right, then return to the original state, stretching out the arms forward. Repeat the task, turning left, then take the original position.
- We sit down on the floor, before laying a thin gym mat. Legs stretch forward, gently tilt the body, try to reach the tips of the toes with your hands.
- We lean against the wall, raise our arms smoothly. Then 1-2 steps away from the wall, trying to make the slopes back, with the tips of your hands touch the wall. We return to the original position.
- We lay down on the back, put our hands to the sides. In the knees we bend our legs, raise them upwards alternately, try to touch the knees of the chest.
Health groups for pensioners can use other options for physical exercises, supplement or modify tasks at the discretion of the instructor. If the age and physical condition allow, you can besides riding in the gym go for a drive on a bicycle, skiing. There are special health groups for pensioners (in St. Petersburg and other cities) in swimming pools, specializing in aquatic gymnastics.
There is no such thing as old age, for those people who daily arrange short morning runs, regularly visits the pool, walks in the park with their grandchildren, leads a healthy lifestyle. Numerous groups of health for retired people are created so that people do not feel themselves to be unnecessary old people, as long as they remain young, fit, active.