Measuring hoppers for solids
Have you ever thought about how products are packed? What is the required dose for mass production? Earlier this was achieved thanks to the use of human resources, but time is running out, and the development of science and technology does not stand still.
Dispenser. What is it?
The dispenser is a specialized equipment used for packing the required mass or volume of solid materials, bulk products, pastes, liquids, gases. The dispenser functions automatically.
The second name of the dispenser is a dispenser.
Dosers: types and features
The species classification of batchers includes:
- Screw conveyor. A dispenser is used for packing loose products, powdered and granular substances, pastes. Advantages: simple design solution, trouble-free cleaning and replacement of basic parts (in particular, auger). Disadvantages: low accuracy of dosing, the dependence of the accuracy of metering of doses on the error of manufacturing auger.
- Volume. Used for dosing gaseous substances, liquids, pasty materials, occasionally for the packaging of solid bulk products. Advantages: simplicity of design, relatively high degree of reliability and accuracy of metered doses. Disadvantages: The volume of the dose depends on the physical and chemical properties of the substance that is packed. Therefore, when dosing certain media, an error occurs to a greater or lesser extent.
- Mass. Used for measuring liquid substances, pasty and solid bulk products, occasionally for dosing of gases. Advantages: a high degree of accuracy of dosing, the absence of dependence of the size of the dose on physical and chemical (temperature, pressure, etc.) properties of the product, a slight error in the measurement of foams.
- Weighing. Dosers for bulk products of this type are used for measuring bulk materials, and occasionally for liquids. Weight dispensers, depending on the method of supplying the product, are trough and tape. Advantages: high accuracy of dosing, the ability to adjust the flow rate of the material.
Methods for dispensing granular substances
The dosing or packaging procedure can be carried out in three ways:
- weight - the weight of the product is measured and its metering takes place. Unit of measurement: kg, g. It is considered the most common dosing method;
- mass - the quantity of a product is measured. Unit of measure: cm 3. l. In most cases it is used for dispensing liquids, gases and pasty substances;
- the volume - product is filled with a certain free space. Unit of measure: cm 3. l. It is used for measuring liquids, gases and pasty products, as well as for packing granular substances with subsequent dosing into standard weights.
Bulk dispensers have the following advantages:
- high level of productivity;
- accuracy of dosed packing;
- control over the accuracy of dosing in automatic mode;
- components of the dispenser, which have direct contact with the bulk material, are made of high-quality stainless steel;
- simplicity in management and operation;
- the installation of equipment and maintenance does not require the participation of qualified specialists;
- mobile version of equipment operation is provided.
Weight dispenser for bulk products: a bit of history
For the first time, the weighing batcher was introduced to the attention of the world public by the Japanese firm Ishida in 1972. This company is now included in the list of companies-leaders in the production of weighing batchers. In the Soviet Union, the multi-head dispenser model was created in 1988 by Veda on the territory of the Kiev region. A little later, in 13 years (since 2001), the equipment in question began to be manufactured in the Moscow company Signal Pak.
At the heart of the design, the weighing hopper for bulk products has several pairs of containers (their number varies from 8 to 24). In this case, the pair is two tanks located one above the other. The lower part of the tanks is equipped with shutters.
In the upper row of containers (intermediate or storage), the product enters through the hopper and, thanks to the distribution device, is distributed equally among them. From the storage tanks, the product enters the lower row of vessels, where the weight (load cells) is measured. In each weighing vessel there is only a part of the mass from a given dose of the product.The weight indicators of the products come to the computer, which by combination method determines how to obtain the required dose from several product capacities with the greatest accuracy. When the containers are selected, their flaps are opened, and the product is transported through the funnel to the product outlet of the dispenser packaging part. Further, the empty bottles of the lower row are filled - the funnels of the corresponding containers are opened in the upper row, which in the following are again filled with particulate matter.
Distinctive features of modern weighing batchers
Modern weighing batchers for bulk products have a unique ability - they adapt to certain products. Weighing batchers are designed in such a way that the height of the falling of granular substances is minimal. In addition, combinatory batchers are equipped with special traces, along which the products move. This virtually eliminates the possibility of damage to even the most fragile products when packing them.
The innovation was the production of three-level multi-head dispensers. In such equipment, in addition to standard capacities (storage and weighing), there is also a memory capacity.
The performance of the device can reach up to 250 doses per minute.
Another of its features is its versatility - it is suitable for most bulk and small-piece products. However, the dispenser for bulk products, whose price is quite impressive in comparison with the cost of other types of dispensers, manufacturers prefer to replace with cheaper ones. But if we are talking about packing gingerbread, pelmeni, frozen and dried fruit, then the operation of the weight dispenser will be most effective - the accuracy of the dose will be at the required level, despite the fact that the masses of individual pieces or pieces of the product are not the same.
Screw dispenser: design and operation principle
The auger dispenser consists of a hopper, a feed tube, a hopper cover, a screw, a screw drive, a pulse device (includes a rapid reaction bolt connected on one side to the receiver and, on the other hand, to the barrel), the outlet branch of the hopper, receiver funnel, product level sensor.
Make a screw dispenser of loose products with their own hands is difficult, because the dosing process is based on automatic control. All parts of dispensers are made of quality materials of a certain type.
Screw dispenser is designed for dosing and packaging of food and non-food products. These include all hard-flowing, dusting (cement, building mixtures, etc. flour) and powdery products (powders, vanillin, powdered sugar, all kinds of seasonings). As a rule, the screw feeder for bulk products is equipped with a bag sealer, which allows packing in polymer or paper bags.
How does it work? The principle of operation of the screw dispenser with the sealer of the bag is quite simple. Consider the steps step by step:
Step 1. Install the package on the table and click the "Start" button.
Step 2. Switch on the screw feeder. After the operation of the equipment is activated, the packing of the product of a certain dose begins. The mower, which is mounted in the hopper of the dispenser, ensures a uniform filling of the screw with the product.
Step 3. Install the package on electronic scales.
Step 4. Start dosing. The tinker and the auger begin their work of moving the product into a bag installed on the scales.
Step 5. Automatic control of the filling of the package. Tare, filling, affects the scale, which, in turn, transmit the signal to the control unit when the weight of the package reaches the specified values.
Dosers for bulk products find an active use in the food, chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic industries.