Diet in a child after poisoning: the right menu
One of the most common diseases in children is poisoning. In order for the baby to recover faster, he needs to choose the right diet. Compliance with diet will allow the body to return to correct and full-fledged work gradually, without unnecessary burden on the digestive system. After the main symptoms of the disease are left behind, you need to think about making the right menu. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the peculiarity of the transferred poisoning, its cause and consequences.
What is poisoning?
Food poisoning is a disease caused by ingestion of a microorganism or toxins.
Depending on the cause, poisoning is divided into several types:
- Microbial - is associated with the ingestion of microbes, such as enterococci, streptococci, staphylococcus, fungi and others.
- Non-microbial - is associated with plants and seafood.
- Chemical - the reason is the ingestion of chemical compounds (nitrates, pesticides) into the body.
Symptoms of poisoning
The main symptoms of poisoning can be: diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, lethargy, fever, dizziness, abdominal pain. In serious cases, loss of consciousness and the appearance of seizures.
An important stage on the way to a full recovery of the child's body is proper nutrition. Diet in a child after poisoning should be made taking into account the characteristics of his disease. After all, the right approach will help to fill the deficit of nutrients and vitamins lost during illness.
The opinion of Dr. Komarovsky
In order to neutralize the toxins that caused the disease, you need a special diet (diet) after poisoning in children. Komarovsky in this situation recommends refraining from eating during the first day. This is done in order to more quickly remove poisons from the body. At this time, the child needs a lot of drinking. It will help wash out toxins.
One of the most frequent effects of poisoning is dehydration. The cause of its development is frequent vomiting, diarrhea or high body temperature. Dehydration can cause thickening of blood, intoxication or disturbance of the water-salt balance of the body. In order to restore the water balance, you need to adjust the drinking regime of the child.
To restore strength, in addition to fresh drinking water and hot tea, a child's diet after poisoning should include water-salt infusions. They are prepared from powder, which can be purchased in any pharmacy chain.
Nutrition of the child during the disease period
Food for poisoning in children in the acute period should be facilitated. Do not overload the body. He needs strength now to fight infection. Prefer liquid, semi-liquid or wiped dishes. It is good to cook steamed or boil products, then wipe them or grind with a blender. Perfectly suitable for the period of illness of jars of baby food.
Pay attention to the child's condition and appetite. It is recommended to feed the patient often, but in small portions. If you see that the child has no appetite, then do not insist. Perhaps it is still hard for him. Otherwise, abundant food can cause deterioration of health, lead to nausea and even vomiting.
Do not indulge the whims and whims of the baby, even if you really want. Eliminate heavy food from the diet. Sausages, chips, sweets leave for a healthy period. Their use can cause inflammation of the pancreas, is fraught with the development of cholecystitis or other diseases, it will aggravate the course of the underlying disease.
So, what is there when poisoning a child?
In order for nutrition to benefit, it is necessary to balance it. It should have the necessary amount of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
Pay special attention to the squirrel. You can not completely exclude it from food. It must necessarily be present, moreover of animal origin. It is good to eat sour-milk products and cottage cheese. They are rich in protein, which is easier to digest.
Diet in a child after poisoning should contain a reduced amount of fat. It is better to reduce the consumption rate by 10-20 percent. The reason for this is a violation of the process of generation and splitting of enzymes. Undigested and not processed, they lead to a violation of the acid-alkaline environment of the body. It becomes more acidic, which only worsens the baby's well-being.
Do not include a large number of carbohydrates in the menu. This is fraught with increased fermentation in the still fragile intestine. Prefer carbohydrate foods like cereals. Cook them on the water, so as not to burden the body.
After the acute period gradually ends, the diet needs to be expanded. Do it smoothly, adding those or other foods in small quantities. This will help reduce the burden on the digestive system.
Nutrition for abdominal pain
The child's diet should be made, oriented and taking into account the symptoms of the disease. So, if the main blow fell on the stomach, the disease will manifest itself in abdominal pain. In this situation, a diet that is prescribed for gastritis is suitable.
- First of all, take care that the baby receives a sufficient amount of liquid.
- The food should be a fraction. On the first day of illness, reduce the diet by almost half. Then gradually increase the portions. By about 4 days, the amount of food should become normal.
If the child is not even a year old, then his food should consist of breast milk or a mixture. In this case, do not limit it, feed for each requirement. After reaching the baby for six months, you can gradually introduce milk porridge (in a ratio of 1 to 1). Only after 2 days you can add dairy products (cottage cheese). After that, you can enter vegetable purees and fruit juices in small quantities.
Diet for a child (2 years) after poisoning will be richer if he already eats food from a common table. In parallel with milk porridges it is possible to include vegetable purees, soups, and also meat dishes.
Diet after poisoning in children 6 years and older is based on the same principles. Do not forget to include dairy products in the diet. They will help to normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract. The menu expands gradually, depending on the age of the child.
Nutrition for enteritis
If as a result of poisoning the child develops diarrhea, then the main blow fell on the gastrointestinal tract. This means that you need to reduce the burden on the intestines with food.
- Normalize the drinking regimen. The child loses a lot of fluid, which must be replenished for a speedy recovery.
- Be careful with milk. Pure milk is a fairly heavy product for a weakened organism. When preparing cereals, dilute it with water in a ratio of 1 to 1 or prefer the first days of porridge on the water. Pure milk is best temporarily excluded from the diet. Give preference to sour-milk products. However, here, too, has its own nuances. So, yogurt can cause weakening of the stool.
- Eliminate the menu of vegetables and fruits, rich in fiber. Due to the weakness of the intestine, their use can cause increased gas production. For the same reason, it will temporarily be necessary to refuse such products as: sauerkraut, beets, radish, citrus, legumes, cucumbers, grapes, plums, black bread, and also greens.
- Be careful with fats. Animal fats are best excluded temporarily from the diet. They will have to be replaced with vegetable ones, but their quantity should also be significantly lower than normal.
- Food with erythritol should be necessarily warm, soft and not containing a large number of seasonings.
Diet to the child after poisoning: the menu and recommendations
The main dishes in children's nutrition after poisoning should be:
- Porridge on water or diluted milk of mucous consistency. Low-fat chicken or vegetable broth, in which you can add noodles or rice. If the child feels bad, then offer him soup-puree (simply chopping the dish with a blender).
- Of cereals, rice or buckwheat should be preferred. In the case of rotavirus infection, milk can not be added to the porridge. Cook them on the water.
- From vegetables and fruits during the period of illness it is possible: boiled carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, bananas, apples in baked form.
- On the third day you can enter into the diet of fermented milk products. Start with cottage cheese, kefir or unsweetened yogurt.
- Be careful with carbohydrates. Their abundance can lead to an exacerbation of symptoms. For this reason it is better to start the mashed potatoes no earlier than 3-4 days.
- It will be useful to include a fish menu. Prefer marine, low-fat fish. Better to boil it, cook it in a steam or bake in the oven.
Diet in a child after poisoning should completely exclude such food:
- If a rotavirus infection is obtained, it will be necessary to abandon dairy products. Their use can lead to an exacerbation of the symptoms of the disease.
- Smoked, fatty and spicy must be completely excluded, including for the period of recovery.
- Give up flour and sweet. These products can lead to increased gas formation, which will have a bad effect on the baby's well-being. A child after poisoning can become whimsical, but do not succumb to his persuasion.
- At least a week will have to give up green. The abundance of fiber will become a heavy load for a fragile organism.
Consider what to eat when poisoning a child: an exemplary menu may look like this.
Breakfast: jelly or compote of dried fruits, porridge manna on the water
Lunch: lean chicken broth with vermicelli.
Dinner: vegetable puree and turkey meatball.
Restoration of the child's body after poisoning can take various time intervals. Typically, from a week to three. All this time you need to follow a diet. Food should be light and not cause unpleasant symptoms. The main principles of nutrition during the recovery period should be:
- Abundant drink.
- Steaming or cooking.
- The food should be warm.
- Eliminate foods that irritate the gastrointestinal tract.
Thus, knowing the basic principles of feeding a child during illness, each mother can help him restore strength as soon as possible.