Baby car seat 2-3 groups: review, models, manufacturers and owner reviews
In the modern world, most people have such a vehicle as a car. And often parents have a need to put the child in the car. But carrying a baby without special equipment is very dangerous. Even if it is located in the back seat, in the hands of an adult, its safety is not guaranteed. In the event of an accident, the risk of injuries and injuries is very high.
Special equipment for the transportation of young children are car seats. There is a wide variety of models, so you need to know how to choose the best. Most often buy a car seat 2-3 groups. It is suitable for a large age range.
How to transport a child correctly
Seat belts are designed for an adult, so they will not protect the baby. And in the car seat the child will go in the right position, sitting. On the side of it support special protective inserts, all the seats have headrests. They are made so that when braking or any impact the child is protected. Typically, the seats have their own seat belts, but older children are fixed with standard car belts. In some models, you can change the backrest inclination and the position of the head restraint.
How to choose a car seat
It is necessary to focus on the age of the child. All child restraints differ in size. To ensure that the trip was safe, the baby should be comfortable. It is also necessary to pay attention to what the frame is made from, the preference in this case is given to aluminum. The upholstery material should be moisture-absorbing and dust-repellent. Be sure to have a stand under your arms and legs, which provides comfort and correct position of the baby.
Experienced car owners who have children, recommend buying seats of famous manufacturers. They must have a certificate of quality. It is clear from this that they have passed special crash tests and therefore are safe. It is not recommended to buy a chair from your hands, you can not use the device that was in an accident. When buying an armchair, you should also pay attention to seat belts: they should be elastic, and it is better if they have 5 attachment points.
Types of car seats
There are several groups into which the car seats are divided based on the height and weight of the child.
- Group 0+. Most often used models of this group. In this chair you can carry a child weighing up to 13 kilograms and up to 75 cm in height. It is better to set it backwards, which is considered the safest for a given age.
- Group 1. These chairs can be used almost up to four years of age, depending on the physique of the child. They are designed for a weight of up to 18 kilograms and a baby's height up to 98 centimeters. The safety belt is attached at five points, which ensures high stability. These chairs are installed along the path of movement, which allows the child to observe the surrounding world. The back of the chair is adjustable.
- Group 2. These chairs are used to transport children weighing 25 kilograms. They differ from the previous ones in that it is possible to adjust the position of not only the backrest, but also the headrest. The seat is fastened by the seat belts of the car itself, which prevents it from rolling off to the sides while driving.
- Car Seat 2-3 groups. It is distinguished by a wide range of applications. Can be used for children weighing up to 36 kilograms, growing to a meter thirty centimeters. In this model, only the headrest is adjusted, and the inclination of the backrest does not change in any way.
- Child car seat group 1-2-3. Has the longest period of application, but the least practical. Such car seats are used for children weighing from three to thirty-six kilograms.
Car Seat 2-3 groups: characteristic
Models of armchairs at the moment are huge, as well as the spread of prices for them is very large. For different weight categories and child's growth, there are certain modifications. And not every parent can afford almost every year to buy a new expensive car seat. The more expensive the seat, the more it has additional functions. It is better to buy the most ordinary car seat 2-3 groups, which meets all the requirements for the baby. Chasing a low price is not worth it, since the safety of the child is the main thing. Features of this chair is the design: it consists of a separate seat and a backrest with side protection. The child is held in by the regular straps of the car. Therefore, it is possible to use the chairs of group 2-3 when the child reaches a height of 1 meter, otherwise the belt will be incorrectly located.
Features of the seats 1-2-3
These are universal devices for children from infancy to 12 years. This is a chair-transformer, as it has several positions and even the ability to take off the back. But there are some limitations, for example, it is not recommended to transport a child up to a year in such a seat, since the position of the person facing the movement is not the safest for him. Also there are two ways of fastening the baby in the armchair: first with a seat belt with five attachments, then, after the child crosses the 15 kilogram threshold, by the car's belt. This group is the least comfortable for the child in long trips.
Most popular seat models
Which car seat to choose, each car owner decides for himself. The most popular models are:
- Carmate Swingmoon - armchair of the 2nd group. Designed for children weighing up to 25 kilograms and growing to 1 meter 20 centimeters. It has several features: three slope positions, large open space, headrest adjustment, footrest. Has a five-point seat belt. There is such an armchair about 2000 rubles.
- The armchair of the group 3 Heyner Ergo is designed for children weighing from 15 to 36 kilograms and growing to 1 meter 35 centimeters. Its advantages are strong base, German design and fastening with a car belt. There is such an armchair of almost 3000 rubles.
- Baby car seat 2-3 groups Britax \u0026 Romer Kid II can also be used for a child weighing up to 35 kilograms. It is quite expensive - costs more than 10 thousand rubles, but, in comparison with others, it has many advantages: low weight, the inclination of the seat is adjustable, there are a lot of head restraints and a removable cover.
- For the same age group, Britax \u0026 Romer AdvansaFix universal chair is designed. This model is expensive - more than 20 thousand, but it can be used very long, because it is reliable and durable. In addition, this chair has a backrest fixation in three positions, high depth and soft sides, eleven headrest positions and a removable cover.
Armchairs with "Isofix" system
Most of the mistakes in the installation of child seats are done in their attachment. Therefore, increasingly parents are trying to choose a car seat group 2-3 Isofix. Such a system of fastening the device makes their installation strong and reliable. It is rigidly connected to the body, so it does not move when striking and abrupt braking. Therefore, the transportation of the child becomes more secure. But the disadvantage of these seats is that they can firmly hold only a child weighing up to 18 kilograms. Therefore, in the chairs of the 2-3rd group, a full-fledged "Isofix" can not be used, it will only do much harm. If such a fastening system is used, then it must be able to shift forward when braking.
Car Seat 2-3 groups: reviews
Most parents who bought such models are happy. These chairs are designed for a child of 3 years and older. Parents like that you do not need to buy a chair any more for several years. According to consumers, they often buy models of famous brands. They, though more expensive, but everyone knows that you can not save on the safety of the baby. Manufacturers such as Concord, Cybex and Maxi Cosi, ensure that the child will be comfortable, and at any blows it will be reliably protected. Many positive reviews about the chairs "Kiddi", Cybex Pallas, "Sibex". They are durable, the upholstery is easily erased, and the child is comfortable in them. And what is remarkable car seat (group 1-2-3)? Reviews about him note that the main advantage is that you do not need to change the device when the child grows up. This is especially convenient for those who rarely carry a baby in a car.
Child safety is the most important factor when transporting it in a car. Due to the huge variety of models in the car seat market, any family will be able to choose the appropriate option according to their needs, tastes and material possibilities.