Children at risk
Children at risk - so we're talking about guys who are having a hard time not only studying but also communicating in general. Such children refuse to adhere to generally accepted norms of behavior, behave with frivolous independence and openly demonstrate their reluctance to learn.
The authority in the children's collective of children of the social risk group earns threats or the use of brute physical force, therefore they often play the role of outcasts. Being rejected in the school collective, such children find like-minded people on the side, which sooner or later leads the child to the path of offenses.
How to properly work with children at risk, if any in your class? How to level their negative impact on the collective and include them in the educational space of the class, school, society? This will help you with an individual plan for working with children at risk, discussed below.
Causes of child "difficulty"
Among the most common reasons for the emergence of childhood asociality, scientists call:
- alcoholism of one or both parents, alcohol poisoning during the intrauterine period of development;
- psychophysical factors (unwanted pregnancy, etc.);
- complicated birth, birth trauma;
- crisis situations, stress (both mother and child).
Thus, it becomes clear that a difficult child is a hostage of bad heredity or habitat. He is a victim, and he needs help.
Features of the behavior of children at risk
Hard children have one or several problems at once: difficulties in mastering the teaching material, in dealing with peers and teachers, misunderstanding and conflicts with parents, susceptibility to addictions and even dependence, problems with the law.
The manifestation of a violation of the socialization of such children can be an aggressive state, outbursts of anger, seclusion, tearfulness, rudeness, omissions lessons without good reason,
Children at risk in school - this is certainly a problem for the entire teaching staff. Such children serve as a negative example for other schoolchildren and interfere with the assimilation of educational material.
How to build work with children at risk?
- Step 1. Finding out which of the guys are at the "risk group", for whatever reason. This item is carried out in absentia when analyzing the parents' personal data and the child's medical record.
- Step 2. Clarification of the living conditions of each child. To this end, each class teacher conducts rounds of families. An individual plan of work with children at risk will be compiled taking into account the data obtained with such rounds.
- Step 3. Joint work with the school psychologist. Discussion of problem situations that have already arisen during the training period. The psychologist should take the necessary actions with a difficult child (testing, interviewing, questioning). After a more in-depth study of the personality of the psychologist, recommendations are made on working with this child (for the class teacher, for parents, for teachers of additional education).
- Step 4. Drawing up a student's card (indicating individual characteristics, difficulties). Maps are compiled for each student in the class. Cards of children at risk are marked with a colored sticker for convenience.
- Step 5. Determining the form of work with these students. These can be joint forms of work and individual. Theoretical conversations should be evenly combined with practical exercises, excursions, work activities.
Drawing up a work plan
An individual work plan for children at risk is made taking into account all the data collected at the previous stage. Taking into account the child's psychological characteristics, his family-household and intra-collective relationships, it is necessary to design a personality model, to which we aspire to approach.
Educators, having analyzed the individual card of the child, should try to satiate his meager life with emotions and emotions. Conversations about the beautiful from scratch do not have the proper effect - you need to start with a trip to the theater, to nature. The sense of responsibility is useful to begin to educate with the assignment of duties to care for someone, whether it is a younger brother or a pet.
If necessary, it is possible to include in the work plan conversations with the parents or legal representatives of the child. Well, if your parents act as your allies, it's worse if they are hostile. With any development of events, the educator must act within the framework of the law and adhere to the norms of morality.
Individual work plan
With children at risk, it is important to properly organize recreational activities, which will not only help to find an interesting activity for children outside of school hours, but also broaden the horizon of the child, increase his self-esteem, and help in the process of socialization and self-determination.
The individual work plan concerns not only the teacher himself, he allows planning and interaction of various specialists. Psychologist, social pedagogue, music teacher, teacher of additional education, librarian, coach - in such hands the child can not remain the same. He will necessarily take the path of correction, if at least half of the efforts go to the addressee.