What is a floral ribbon: purpose and types?
Floral tape plays an important role in the creation of floral compositions and when decorating holidays. Due to its strength and elasticity, this material is often used even in some types of needlework.
What is a floristic ribbon?
This is a special synthetic fabric with an adhesive surface, which is used in floristry. It is very elastic and durable, which makes it indispensable in the process of processing bouquets and different gift compositions. Another name for the material is floral tapestry tape.
In the market there are teip bands of different colors. But they all have a standard width of 13 mm.
Externally, the floristic tape looks like a nonwoven synthetic material.
Where to use floristic tapes
The main purpose of the tapes is the decoration of the wire, from which the stems for handmade flowers are then made. So, this improvised material is used to create paper bouquets, flowers from cold porcelain or polymer clay. Also, floristic tape is used in many other types of applied art: kevling, beading, ceramics, etc.
Also, it is indispensable in the manufacture of such popular today's trees of beads and money. Correctly chosen color of the tape makes it invisible among other parts of the product.
Floristic materials are often used when creating bouquets of chocolates. So, the tape of dark green color is irreplaceable for camouflage of stems of candy colors.
Features of the tape
- Easy to stretch.
- Densely lies on the surface of the workpiece.
- Due to the elasticity it takes any shape.
- Allows you to extend the freshness of the cut flower.
In addition, the tape tape is an excellent material for processing a smooth surface before fixing the floral composition.
Varieties of ribbon
To date, there is a large assortment of tapes available for sale, which differ both in color and price. Therefore, each master has the opportunity to select the material most suitable for creating a specific composition.
Also it must be taken into account that the floristic tape is produced by different manufacturers. Therefore, the quality of this material may vary.
According to experts, the best are the following tapes:
- "Parafilm" - very elastic and strong tape, which has water-repellent properties. It perfectly stretches and reliably fixes the decor elements. Basically the tape "Parafilm" is used for processing stems of freshly cut flowers and for creating festive compositions.
- "Anchor" is a waterproof, strong, synthetic tape. The main advantage of this tape is the covering of the "ribs" with cotton. This gives the material extra softness and makes it easier to work with it. The tape "Anchor" is used for binding flowers to bouquets and fixing fresh cut flowers.