What should a child be able to do in 4 years? Classes for children 4 years
Dads and moms are always interested in how their baby develops. Now we are going to talk about what a child should be able to do in 4 years. After all, it is interesting to know in which areas it is particularly successful, and which ones should be given more close attention.
Skills of the kid 4 years old
So, what should a child be able to do in 4 years:
- to understand the meaning of ordinary words, such as furniture, dishes, toys;
- to know several professions, the names of trees and animals;
- show items from him to the right, left, top or bottom;
- compare items by their parameters - length, height, width;
- to distinguish between one subject and many of them;
- paint objects without going beyond certain limits;
- be able to string beads and buttons;
- determine which of several (4-5) items was missing;
- the speech of the child must be legible and understandable;
- retell in your own words the content of a read fairy tale or poem;
- to distinguish between different weather phenomena, seasons and days;
- call ordinary household items, distinguish them by color, volume, purpose;
- to see a picture, a toy or a certain object and be able to compile its characteristics from several sentences.
These are the average characteristics of what a child should be able to do in 4 years. Development is ahead of the curve, but the baby may not be able to reach these standards. It's not necessary to get upset, it's better just to spend more time studying. Maybe even ask the professionals for help.
Development of the speech of a child in 4 years
At this age the kid should use about a thousand words in his speech, build phrases of 6-8 words. Understand his speech should be his parents, and completely strangers.
The kid should know the differences of the human body from the structure of the animal body, to know the parts of the body.
He can translate the proper nouns correctly into the plural. The child already knows the meaning of the prepositions (in, for, on, under, between, about, etc.).
He is able to support the conversation and respond freely to such questions: "Where did you go today?", "What did you buy?", "Who did you see on the street?", "How were you dressed?"
What else should the child be able to do? 4 years - the age when he can retell the contents of a fairy tale, heard a story, know by heart several children's poems, counters. Of the children's authors, B. Zakhoder, A. Vishnevskaya, I. Bursov, and others will do their best for this.
He should correctly give information about himself and his immediate family: his name and surname, his age, where he lives, as well as the names of his parents, brothers and sisters, grandparents.
The development of memory, attention, logical thinking
For each of the psychological characteristics of a four-year-old child, there are norms of formation. Next, consider the indicative indicators for the normal development of memory, attention and logical thinking, namely, what a child should be able to do in 4 years.
At this age the child can already:
- Establish the main differences between the 2nd images or objects.
- Add a sample of finished construction from your designer.
- Fold the puzzle consisting of 2-4 parts.
- Perform the task for 5 minutes without being distracted.
- Stack together without assistance a pyramid, as well as cups, laying them one in the other.
- Put in the special holes the missing fragments of the cut-off election.
- It is free to determine to which general group belong objects or animals (cat, dog, rooster, rabbit, cow are domestic animals, autumn is spring, summer, winter is seasons, etc.).
- Free to determine in each group of objects an extra object and say why it does not fit.
- Find the matching pair for each of the proposed items.
- Choose for the proposed word combinations the opposite: the fence is high - the fence is low, the belt is narrow - the belt is wide, the cold coffee is hot coffee, the long rope is a short rope and so on.
- Memorize and then reproduce the so-called pairs of words spoken by adults: the boy-girl, the mug-water, the cat-dog, and so on, following the example.
- It's right to answer and justify your answer to such questions: "Why do we wear gloves in winter?", "Why do houses have doors and windows?" And so on.
Mathematical thinking of a child in 4 years
As practice shows, at the age of four, children already know a lot and are able. As for mathematical thinking, at this age the child can already:
- list the main geometric shapes: square, circle, rectangle, triangle;
- knows and can list all the digits from 0 to 10, and can also count all items within 10;
- it can easily relate the number of items depicted on the picture to the desired number;
- can arrange in an increasing and decreasing sequence all the digits from 1 to 5;
- understands what is less, more, equally;
- gradually learns to write numbers, and also gets acquainted with the visual interpretation of numbers in parallel.
Having listed the main points in the development of the child's abilities for 4 years, it is now possible to determine what activities with the baby will be particularly in demand during this period. Further we will consider, what it is necessary to be engaged with the child in his spare time, and what exercises for the development of thinking and attention need to be carried out with him.
What should the child do?
4 years is the age when the child is very mobile, active and curious. He is interested in almost everything, so you need to immediately support the enthusiasm and engage with him developing games. For example, modeling, drawing. Molded and painted by children at an earlier age, only then the technique is quite primitive. At the moment, you can show them how to hold a drawing brush or a felt-tip pen in your hand, as it is correct to outline the figures. You can draw patterns along the contour or with a stencil. Certainly, you need to buy a child for decoration, so that he can fill in with black and white drawings. In addition to the development of fantasy, so develops small motor skills.
Development of children's creativity
Applying clay or clay, there is an opportunity not just to knead a piece in your hand or to sculpt ordinary figures. A child in 4 years can already create a whole composition of a certain theme: an underwater or forest kingdom, a New Year's surprise or some animals. Walking in the park, it is better to pre-assemble acorns, interesting leaves, chestnuts, and then use them for hand-made articles. In order to accelerate the development of children 3-4 years, you need different buttons, matches, beads or ordinary toothpicks, since it is the fine motor skills and everything associated with it that must be given a significant part of children's leisure.
Features of children 4 years old
Do not forget about simple, but at the same time, effective ways for the development of erudition and the general outlook of the baby. Small rhymes and funny stories are a great option for spending time for yourself and your child.
Such literary classes for children of 4 years perfectly form the outlook of the baby, and also teach him to be kind and decent, to love and respect the elders.
Verses teach children the most elementary concepts from zoology, history, geography. And if you add interesting and instructive stories and films here, you can achieve the level of the maximum development of a child's erudition.
What to teach and how to teach
If before the baby did the application of the ready-made elements, then in 4 years you can already be allowed to use scissors so that he cut out the figures himself. It is not necessary to seek to cut something difficult. You can simply draw to him on colored paper large geometric shapes, which he must cut. You can glue not only paper, but also sprinkle with special beads, croup or colored sand.
If the child does not yet know how to count, it's time to teach it, because mathematics for children of 4 years can be quite interesting and exciting game. It's good to do while walking. It is possible to conduct mathematical exercises for children of 4 years, offering them to recount trees, steps, cars, people around, buildings, birds. You can try to explain simple mathematical actions, using your fingers, matches or special counting sticks. You can start learning to read, memorizing ready-made phrases. It is very convenient to have special cubes with syllables or to purchase a magnetic board with signs. If he has difficulties, or he starts to pick and choose, do not insist, postpone the lessons. You can also buy a book and study rhymes for children 4 years.
Games and toys for kids in 4 years
Four years - the age, completely suitable for bringing a son or daughter to a circus or a cinema. Do not immediately take tickets to the front ranks. It's just that a child can not quite react correctly to sonorous cries of clowns, claps, growls of animals. Therefore it is better to take other places, from about the tenth row and up.
The development of children 3-4 years includes classes with your favorite designer, collecting interesting mosaic. Only tasks need to be complicated over time, gradually adding more elements and reducing their sizes. Very good constructor LEGO, the details of which are designed for different age categories. From it you can collect not only ordinary houses or cars, but also spacecraft and pirate ships, different planes, structures, bots. You just need to buy additional items.
Friends during this period
At this age, you can already have one or two friends, walk together and play in the yard, alternately go to visit. They will be curious to play together, and their moms will have a little personal time. Usually girls play in pupae, a polyclinic, a family, and boys - in typewriters or a designer. Babies can be borrowed for a certain time if you give them a box and ask them to build a house. Let them cut out the windows, decorate the walls, arrange the furniture, populate the toy inhabitants.
Useful tips for dad and mom
Not so long ago there was a desire for the baby to start screaming faster. At the moment I want him to be silent from time to time. There has come a period when the restless "whyt" is interested in everything: "Why does the dog bark and the cat meows?", "Why is the grass greenish and the sky blue?", "Why are the stars only visible at night and the sun in the afternoon?" many different "why".
Children are not only willing to find out, but also to understand, that is, to understand why exactly this happens. From time to time, from these "why" the pope and mother go around the head, especially if one question is asked more than once, and it is necessary to explain everything again. The most important thing here is to show patience and wisdom. To a little to stop the pressure of the inquisitive child, you can ask him what he thinks about this or another. So he will have the opportunity to reflect on himself a little, and then you need to listen to his reasoning.
From time to time he can ask questions on quite interesting topics. Do not shame it or pull it off. After all, for babies there are no prohibited topics, only curiosity drives them. It is also recommended not to forget about different entertaining games, during which you can make interesting crafts with a child of 4 years.