Cleaning of silver by simple means and using jewelry cosmetics
Silver belongs to noble metals, it has high chemical resistance. It looks attractive in products. Afflicted darkened silverware. And this is a simple explanation.
Jewelery silver is not pure silver, but an alloy with copper. The higher the sample standing on the product, the more silver is contained in the alloy.
All people sweat, it's natural. Sweat, secreted by the human body, contains sulfur. Sulfur interacts with copper contained in the jewelery alloy. The result of the interaction of sulfur and copper is the darkening formed on the jewelry.
It also happens that the silver product was not worn for long, but it darkened. This may be due to humidity (there are sulfur compounds in it). The close location of silver products and household chemicals, medicines can also affect.
Cleaning silver - the process is simple. Special means for purifying silver, as well as jewelry cosmetics have been developed. You can clean it and improvised means. A lot of special products are produced. For example, a liquid for cleaning silver Silver Quick or Leuchtturm.
Jewelery cosmetics is designed for cleaning products made of precious metals, including silver. It can be cleaned as silver items with stones, and without them, both with blackening, and without it. The series of jewelry cosmetics includes solutions for cleaning precious metals, polishing wipes and pastes. Cleaning silver jewelry will be quality, safe, fast and convenient.
An example of such tools can be jewelry cosmetics "Aladdin". If you do not want to tinker with cleaning jewelry, such as rings, earrings, chains, silver bracelets, you can use the services of jewelry SPA, which are located in large shopping centers. For a fee, your jewelry will look like new.
Cleaning the silver of the house can be done by simple means.
- You can make a solution of ammonia in the water (for 1 volume of ammonia, you need to take 10 parts of water), moistened a soft rag in the prepared solution, clean the silver product. Wash in warm water and wipe dry.
- Cleaning of silver can be done with tooth powder using a toothbrush. At the end of the process, thoroughly wash the product with water and wipe it off.
- You can use toothpaste and a flannel (or any other soft cloth) cloth. Apply the paste on a rag, rub a dirty silver product. Pollution will remain on the rag in the form of dark spots, and the silver product will flash after washing with water and wiping.
- You can use baking soda. In soda pour a little water to get a gruel. Apply the gruel to silver and clean, for a more effective cleaning you can use a toothbrush. Rinse and dry.
- Cleaning of silver without stones can be done in this way. It is necessary to take equal amounts of hydrogen peroxide and alcohol. Lower the silver product into the resulting solution, wait 20 minutes. Rinse it in water and dry it.
It should be recalled that using cosmetics (creams, balms, shampoos, etc.), products made of precious metals must be removed. To ensure that they last longer and do not darken, they should be stored in boxes (cases), preferably without contact of some products with others.