What is provoked by drowsiness during pregnancy in the early stages
The long-awaited two strips bring the first joy and excitement accompanying the expectant mother, so you need to pay more attention to every unsettling bell that the body feeds. If the decree is still so far away that colleagues do not know your interesting situation, but there is often a strange drowsiness, do not worry. Many mothers will remember how much they wanted to sleep at the very beginning of pregnancy: at work it is impossible to get together with thoughts, on the day off there is no strength for household chores. The first thought, of course, about the disease, but this common phenomenon is not at all dangerous. Drowsiness during pregnancy in early terms occurs in 80% of women, and often ends with the first trimester.
For some, future motherhood is a great joy, for others a reason for anxiety and anxiety, but in any case the body experiences stress. Therefore, drowsiness during pregnancy in the early stages is his attempt to avoid such disorders and experiences. There is a direct pattern here, so the less you worry and get nervous, the less you tend to sleep. In such cases, you need to urgently engage in meditation, respiratory gymnastics and enroll in the pool.
Drowsiness during pregnancy in the early stages has a number of reasons, each of which can play a role.
- First of all it is hormonal reorganization. The body is so passionate about future motherhood that it is simply not going to be distracted by anything else. After all, in nine months he will have to create a real miracle: from several cells to grow a viable human body. To do this, it will be necessary to rebuild all biochemical processes, and then adapt to changes.
- Drowsiness during pregnancy in the early stages can be caused by the increased burden to which the expectant mother is not yet accustomed. At this time, it's better to try to change the busy and dense work schedule to a more peaceful one.
- The psychological side also plays a significant role: new impressions, emotions, a stream of information, from which the pregnant woman is very tired.
- Stress and depression associated with this condition can easily provoke drowsiness early in pregnancy. Before the delay, a woman can already suspect her situation, which is not always perceived with Olympic tranquility. The reasons for the excitement of the mass - this is the upcoming marriage or lack of such a proposal, financial situation, the reaction of relatives and friends, the constant change of the figure.
- Finally, inadequate nutrition, diets and high loads in the gym can also provoke drowsiness. So the body tells you that it's time to slow down.
Opinion of doctors
If you go to a gynecologist, he will tell you the official version of why women are drowsy during pregnancy in the early stages. The reasons, according to the doctors, lie in the endocrine dislocations. Well, if a woman sits at home and can afford to rest, when required, but much harder for those who go to work. Frequent compensatory holidays can lead to dismissal, especially since up to 12 weeks it is quite possible. But the effort to stimulate your body with various stimulants is highly undesirable, since this can affect the development of the child.
Try to take breaks in work. At this time, you must definitely move and do light breathing exercises. Physiological drowsiness during this period does not need medical treatment, as it will very soon pass itself.
Hormonal Reorganization: What Does It Mean?
First of all, all changes are associated with a change in the level of progesterone. It is produced by the ovaries and performs many useful functions, in particular:
- Progesterone forms the conditions necessary for the egg to be implanted in the uterus and pregnancy took place.
- It is he who stops menstruation and allows the fetus to develop normally.
- This hormone keeps pregnancy, as it prevents muscle contraction.
- Participates in the growth of the uterus, but it stimulates an increase in blood pressure.
Normally, high progesterone values are observed at the very beginning of pregnancy and persist for about 12 weeks. That is, on the one hand, it is necessary to create conditions suitable for the development of the embryo, and on the other hand, the side effect is a feeling of fatigue and an insistent desire to sleep.
Ways to combat sleep
First of all, it must be remembered that drowsiness during pregnancy in the early stages is not a pathology, you just need to wait a little. In the meantime, you need to adjust your diet and lifestyle a little.
Be sure to change the composition of the usual menu. It should have a lot of natural products, especially fresh vegetables. It is very useful to be pampered with bananas, as they affect the production of endorphins, or hormones of happiness. Do not hurt and a piece of chocolate or ice cream.
It is very important to regularly ventilate the room, because in order to fight with sleep, you need an increased amount of oxygen. Especially often women experience such symptoms if the onset of pregnancy falls on early spring. The body feels a deficiency of vitamins and minerals, and therefore consult a doctor about taking vitamin complexes.
What should alert?
Indeed, increased drowsiness during pregnancy in the early stages is a variant of the norm, so the symptom does not carry any threat. However, if you, even after getting out of bed feel a strong weakness and malaise, it can talk about the development of anemia. This is facilitated by the growing shortage of iron.
In what case can we talk about anemia?
Usually, a doctor can determine the risk of developing anemia even with an external examination of the patient. Weakness and drowsiness in early pregnancy can be accompanied by severe dizziness, shortness of breath, skin pale and numbness of the extremities is observed. At the same time the nails become very brittle and acquire a bluish tinge.
It is not difficult to fight these symptoms. For this you need only eat right. Include in the diet red meat and liver, as well as fish. Tea, on the contrary, is better than completely excluded from the list of products. The doctor may prescribe special vitamin complexes or an additional source of iron at his discretion.
Therefore, if you often want to sleep, then just reconsider your daily routine and try to find in it free minutes for a good rest. Very soon your condition will stabilize, and you will be able to calmly prepare for a meeting with your baby.