Balance-swing with your own hands
At all times the best attraction for children was a swing. They develop the children's sports skills, they learn to communicate with peers in a game form. An excellent example of this design is the balancer-swing. Such an attraction can be bought both in the store and done by yourself. And in the latter case, involve children in the manufacturing process.
Carefully consider how the balancer-swing is arranged. The photo shown in the article will help you understand the design features. As you can see, it's not difficult to make such an attraction with your own hands.
Regardless of the design, the structure functions according to the following principle. Movable base, which is a horizontal crossbar, is attached to the counter in the center. The attraction is activated by the children. They sit on the edges of the crossbar and push from the ground with their feet.
Before you make a rocker swing with your own hands, it is important to consider such moments:
- During the creation of the attraction, pay attention to the mandatory requirements. The swings should be perfectly polished and carefully fixed so as not to cause injuries to children.
- The attraction can be created from a variety of materials: plastic, wood, metal. Of course, it is necessary to consider for whom the balancer-swing is intended. Plastic - an excellent material for the attraction, will suit the smallest children. Older children are more suitable swing from wood or metal. If you choose a strong material, then even adults can ride on such an attraction.
- Be sure to take care of the safety of children. To do this, the edges of the movable crossbar should be equipped with seats and handrails.
- If in the yard or at the dacha there are a lot of children wishing to ride, then it is necessary to increase the length of the crossbar. So you can equip on both sides of 2 seats.
- To simplify the swinging of the kids, it is recommended to attach it under the crossbar on both sides along the spring support. Such a part can be taken from the car's shock absorber.
And do not forget that your balancer swing is made for the kids. Therefore, be sure to connect the imagination and all your skills to create an amazing attraction. For example, children will be enthralled with seats, decorated in the form of cars or animals.
The simplest version
Initially, let's look at how to make the lightest model. To make such a balancer-swing with their own hands can even a novice master.
They will need boards, logs and a metal rod. This material is almost always at hand.
- For the rack, select a thick log, approximately 50 cm long. The swing swing depends on its diameter.
- Lay the log horizontally. To give it stability, nail on both sides of the bar. This will save the log from rolling on the surface of the earth.
- For a horizontal crossbar, it is better to take a board about 2.5-3 m long.
- So that during the rocking it does not move along the log, it is necessary to fix it. To do this, drill a hole in the center of the board. Secure the crossbar to the post with a metal stud.
- Along the edges of the board, across, nail the wooden handles. For them, the kids will hold during the ride.
Manufacturing will not take much time and will not require much effort. And now consider how to make a more complex model.
Necessary materials and tools
So, if you decide to make a balancer-swing from the tree with your own hands, then you need to stock up the following:
- a thick bar for racks about 130 cm long;
- board for the crossbar with a width of at least 15 cm, a length of more than 120 cm;
- 3 tubes of aluminum or iron (one of them must be wide);
- stainless steel sheet;
- scissors for iron.
Let's consider step by step how to make a balancer-swing:
- Measure the board for the crossbar with a tape measure. The result is divided by 2. So you will find the middle of the board. Mark up with a marker.
- Prepare two strips of the same size. Secure them to the ends of the board with screws. This will protect the child from slipping from the crossbar during the swing.
- Now turn to the manufacture of pens for holding. To do this, cut off the same slats. They will need 4 pieces. In each of them, holes are drilled from one side in the center.
- Take the iron pipes. Those that are smaller. Insert the tube into the holes of each pair of rails. You got 2 wonderful pens to hold.
- Now they need to be attached to the crossbar. To do this, from the edge of the board from one side and the other side, retreat approximately 35 cm. Such a distance is enough to allow the child to sit comfortably. At the measured interval, it is necessary to fix the handles with screws.
- To ensure better strength of such holders, it is recommended near the board in front to fix the rails with a wooden bar.
- We turn to the manufacture of the rack. Bar is used for it. It must be very durable. If you took a timber, the size of which is 130 cm, then use a saw to cut it in half.
- Using a sledgehammer, drive racks into the ground. For better strength, they can be reinforced with concrete or stones. Be sure to consider the dimensions of both the crossbar and the iron pipe.
- Cut the stainless steel sheet into 2 pieces. They will be a fastener for the pipe. Turn the board over. At the middle (marked with a marker), put the pipe. Top with pieces of stainless steel. Fix it securely with screws.
- Now you need to fix the tube with the board on the racks. For this use nails.
If desired, the balance-swing can be painted. A bright, beautiful attraction causes children a lot of positive emotions. And do not forget that such swings can be decorated in a very original way, giving them a completely unusual and even fabulous appearance.
Your kids will appreciate the swing made for them. The creation process is simple. As a rule, no more than 1 hour is spent on their manufacture. But the excitement and joy that they bring to the children will touch you for a long time.