Blinds: what and how to choose
Blinds are well-deserved popularity. They are designed several types, methods of closure, location, and the colors and materials allow you to place them in any room. But it is the vastness of choice that makes it necessary to understand which models are suitable for solving the goals and objectives in each individual case.
How the blinds appeared
Like many other inventions, blinds came from the East. Thin strips of cloth hung on the window aperture. This allowed women to remain unnoticed in the back of the room or by the window. At the same time, such curtains did not prevent free airing and lighting of the premises. Then came the muslin, and the blinds, with the light hand of travelers, began to appear more often on the European continent and improved somewhat.
Assignment of blinds
Horizontal and vertical, fabric and roller blinds are all types of blinds. What is each of the species and what is the alternative to traditional curtains? First of all, modern models provide adjustable protection against light and excessive sunlight.
Horizontal or vertical strips or lamellae fixed on the upper cornice rotate around its axis and dosed in to let sunlight and air into the room. Turned perpendicular to the window, they are almost invisible and freely let sunlight into the room. If you change the rotation angle, a moderate shading is achieved. Turned parallel to the window, they completely cover the room at night and suppress natural daylight.
Types of blinds and their purpose
Design features are inherent in each type of blinds. What are they from themselves and their purpose:
- Roller shutters. Used for external use. The main function is to protect the window or doorway from foreign penetration. Also, the dense arrangement of horizontal slats prevents the ingress of dust, and serves as a good soundproofing. The shutters are made of metal, collected in a roll at the top of the mounted casing. Roll blinds take up little space and are easy to operate. Raising and lowering is done manually for light models and automatically for heavier samples. Since recently, shutters have also been used inside the premises, where they close the functional opening in the bathroom. This is a convenient way to have easy access to communications, and at the same time closed roller shutters look aesthetically pleasing. At installation it is necessary to carefully check the door frame and guides along which the slats move: at the slightest skew, the system will break.
- Horizontal blinds. Made of plastic or wood, they are installed indoors. In the daytime, almost invisible when open. If you want to adjust the amount of light, the pivoting mechanism sets the angle of inclination, so that the sun's rays soften. In the evening, closed lamellas completely "cut off" the external environment, creating a chamber atmosphere inside the room. Plastic models are most in demand in office premises. The market offers a large color palette, which allows you to easily choose blinds in the tone of the interior. Wooden horizontal blinds are suitable for the design of eco-interior. Honorable horizontal structures made of metal. They were loved for their durability and beautiful appearance. They are suitable for interior in the style of hi-tech or minimalism.
- Tissue roller shutters. What is the Rollet: beautiful and comfortable curtains. Rollet, made of fabric, is deservedly popular. The tight lightproof material fulfills all the functions assigned to it and at the same time gives a reference to classic curtains. This compromise version of window design fits any interior. The color palette has no restrictions: it is always possible to order a roller blind from a favorite fabric. The mechanism is sold separately.
- Vertical blinds. What is an office without vertical narrow bars on the windows? Almost desert! A convenient and practical appearance of the window opening. In the manufacture of non-wovens, simple materials are most often used in care. This kind of blinds can be made to order in the light of color, texture, length. But there are ready-to-install options.
The main types of blinds have some options. For example, horizontal models are often used as shutters in hot countries, and set them outside the zodiac. Material for them most often is metal or wood. To diversify the interior, it is always possible to order any samples with photo printing.
Also, manufacturers and service companies offer an electric door closer for roller shutter protection systems.
Choosing an option for the house, it is necessary to determine what functions blind curtains should perform. If they will serve to decorate the window, then the organza roller will be fine. If full protection of windows and doors is required from hacking, then, in addition to sunscreens, install an external metal shutter with a lock.
Buying a finished product or making it to order, it is worth remembering about these nuances:
- Coincidence of the dimensions of the window, the doorway with the dimensions of the mechanism of the shutter or blinds. It is important to make meticulous measurements, so that later you do not have to redo the finished curtain.
- For indoor use, choose neutral shades of blinds. But if the curtains are planned as an accent of the interior, then the choice of fabric or the color of the slats should be in contrast to the basic color solution of the room.
- Carefully check the mechanism for opening and closing the blinds, also be careful of balancing. Incorrectly placed horizontal line of the installation line will not allow the use of blinds.
Having decided to install blinds in the house or office, purchase products of only well-known manufacturers, so you will have guarantees for their long life. If you order exclusive models, then entrust the manufacturing process to professionals.