Choosing a seat belt for pregnant women
The appearance of the first seat belts falls at the beginning of the twentieth century, and they were widely spread only fifty years later. In our days, riding without this protective equipment is strictly prohibited.
Technology is moving forward, now there are safety belts for pregnant women. They appeared not so long ago, and work on improving the characteristics of the device is ongoing. However, it will be a deliberate and correct step to use the seat belt for pregnant women right now, without waiting for improvements.
It is not only inconvenient, but also dangerous, to use an ordinary belt for a future mother. But a special seat belt for pregnant women is able to ensure the safety of the driver, without causing inconvenience. Of course, if the tummy is already big and the strap is severely hampered, most women prefer not to buckle at all. However, referring to the statistics, you can see that forty pregnancies out of a hundred, interrupted as a result of the accident, could be saved if the woman was fastened. Here also think, whether it is necessary to use a seat belt for pregnant women.
The belt adapter for pregnant women allows you to remove the standard strap from the abdomen to the pelvic area. A special valve fixes the product in an acceptable position. Also, restraints for pregnant women can be equipped with seat holders, increasing the height of the landing. Such an adaptation is called upon, if necessary, to reduce the risk of a stroke in the stomach. You can install it in any vehicle: in cars of all makes, in buses, planes. It is intended for installation with a belt and has fasteners in two or more points of any of the seats. The seat belt for pregnant women does not weigh on the crotch for sudden braking and emergency situations.
Driving behind the wheel is always dangerous, especially for pregnant women, but the use of public transport in public transport negates such a claim. If you prefer to travel on your own car, you should follow the advice of doctors:
1. Poor state of health is an excuse not to get behind the wheel, but to call a taxi.
2. Adjust the steering column so that it does not rest against the belly. Can a little
push back the seat itself. Between the rudder and the belly should be a distance of at least ten centimeters.
3. Try to get out of the car and do exercises every half hour. Even in the event that you have to stand for a long time in a traffic jam.
4. Pregnant women eat more and go to the toilet more often. Provide in the car a water supply, put a few bags of dried fruits or nuts. Also carry "pocket toilets" - something in between the diaper and the duck (they are sold at gas stations).
5. Pregnant women can not be long behind the wheel, especially in a city where high
gas contamination and a lot of traffic jams.
6. Adjust the lumbar support of the seat or use a pad, roller. This will save the spine from the load.
Successful trips to you!