Internal filters for aquarium: advantages, disadvantages and features of choice
The internal filters for the aquarium are the elements that ensure the comfortable existence of fish in the water. Such devices have certain advantages:
- an acceptable cost (regardless of the manufacturer);
- sufficiently high productivity;
- complete safety for the inhabitants of the aquarium (even if the filter breaks, the water from the building will not flow out);
- ease of maintenance (popular brands produce such devices that are very simply washed and cleaned);
- Modern filters work very quietly (however not all brand devices);
- except for cleaning, the presented devices fulfill the function of water aeration.
However, internal filters for the aquarium also have some drawbacks:
- The devices are designed to work in small areas;
- occupy part of the useful space;
- a large load is applied to the filter element;
- the device can not perform chemical cleaning of water;
- does not always have an aesthetic appearance.
If you want to purchase the best internal filter for an aquarium, then you should adhere to certain selection rules. First of all, you should determine what functions the device should perform. If you have enough external filter, then, perhaps, you will not need an internal filter. However, it should be noted that modern models of devices perform a large number of functions: circulate water, carry out its mechanical, biological, chemical (not always) purification and aeration. In addition, it is necessary to take into account the productivity of the device, that is, how many liters it can process in 1 hour. As for the appearance, the internal filters for the aquarium are produced in almost the same design, and the color scheme of them is very poor.
It should be noted that the device presented is maximally functional in a small area. It is a complement to external cleaning equipment.
One of the most popular today is the internal filter for Aquael Aquarium. The presented device is manufactured by the Polish manufacturer. The principle of its operation and appearance almost does not differ from analogues, although the design of the device is very stylish. The device performs its functions well, especially mechanical cleaning. In addition, it should be noted its low cost, which allows you to buy it to the person with the most modest budget.
However, there are drawbacks in this device too: actual performance often does not correspond to the claimed one, the filter quickly becomes dirty, produces a sufficiently strong noise (especially if the aerator is included), insufficient level of biological purification. In principle, this device can be further upgraded and reworked, so some flaws can be eliminated.
Summarize. Internal filters for the aquarium are additional devices, without which you can do without. However, if you decide to install them, they will help keep your little underwater world clean and tidy.