Bicycles for girls 5 years: description and reviews
Your little one has grown up, does not want to lag behind his peers and asks to give her a brand new bicycle? You should only rejoice at this desire, because the sports load will help the child to develop properly, train muscles and form the musculoskeletal system. And how many joyful moments can be associated with a new iron friend! Traveling with friends, trips to nature with parents, the first abrasions and falls, excitement before the meeting with the long-awaited gift.
Features of choosing bicycles for girls
Five years is not yet a very big age for a little princess, but, on the other hand, the child already expresses his opinion, he often wants to have a certain thing, and the desire to imitate adults increases day by day. Riding bicycles with handles is a thing of the past, and the baby wants to be independent.
It is for this reason that it is better to take a child with you to choose a new iron horse. The girl will be able to see, touch, try to ride a bicycle.
Types and features of children's transport
Bicycle for a girl 4-5 years is better to choose with a certain diameter of the wheels. Suitable models with twelve-inch wheels. Among the large number of presented options, it is better to prefer a bicycle with additional removable parts (for example, additional rear wheels). As the new skill is developed by the child, the parents will be able to use the new functions and the possibility of details, adjusting the load and the degree of safety.
A good bicycle for a girl of 5 years must be equipped with extra wheels. They are mounted on the rear support and allow increasing stability. Over time, parents will be able to remove them, and the baby will ride a two-wheeled bicycle.
Bicycles for girls of 5 years have their own peculiarity - this understated installation of the frame. This design allows increasing the safety of the bicycle. In case of emergency braking and, if necessary, the baby can easily and easily throw the leg and jump out.
Another distinguishing feature of bicycles for children of this age is the presence on them of shock absorbers located both on the front of the structure and on the rear. In addition, these models are often fitted with a handbrake.
The same division of bicycles for such kinds as cross-country, highway and others, occurs later. Therefore, do not look for this gradation. It starts for children over 12 years old, with a wheel diameter of at least 24-26 inches.
The selection of bicycles in accordance with the growth of the child
The choice of wheel diameter depends on the growth of the baby and her age. This parameter is extremely important, since it allows you to distribute the load to a growing organism, and also promotes the correct formation and growth of the child's bones.
- For babies under the age of 3 years, the 12th diameter is suitable for the growth of 90-100 cm.
- A bicycle for a girl 3-5 years old with a height of 100-115 cm should have wheels with a diameter of 14-16 inches.
- For a girl 5-9 years old, the height of 115-130 cm of wheels should reach a diameter of 20 inches.
- A child older than 9 years old, having a height of 130-155 cm, should ride a bicycle with wheels of 24 diameters.
How to choose a bicycle for a girl of 5 years?
In order to simplify the task and choose the most convenient and reliable bicycle for the child, it is necessary to take into account some features.
- Before the trip for the long-awaited new friend, talk to the baby. Ask her about what she would like a bicycle (color, optional accessories).
- In order to choose the correct height of the bike and the diameter of its wheels, take the girl with you. She can immediately determine which model is comfortable to sit on and which one to manage. She will be pleased, besides, you can see everything clearly, and the baby with pleasure will ride on the future purchase.
- If you decide to surprise your child and do not want to take it with you, you will have to prepare beforehand. For self-selection you will need such data: height, length of hands (from the elbow to the fingertips). Having informed this information to the consultant, you will be able to find the right model.
- In no case should not take a bicycle to grow. The child will be uncomfortable to manage it. Besides, the incorrectly chosen bicycle can become dangerous for the baby. It will be harder for him to ride, the risk of falling will increase. A bicycle that is not suitable for growth will not contribute to the proper formation of the child's skeleton.
- On the shelves of stores a huge range of favorite children's transport is presented. Most often, a bicycle for a girl 5-6 years old is bought white and pink flowers. In addition, often models are decorated with figures of children's cartoon characters. Your princess will be pleased to see the faces of the animated friends on the new iron friend.
- Another important nuance is the height of the frame. For maximum comfort, it should be located below the groin for about ten centimeters. In order to measure the altitude correctly, ask the little one to stand on the wheels of the vehicle, holding the handles with both hands. In this position, you can determine if the height of the frame is sufficient.
Features of correct landing of the child
To choose bicycles for girls of 5 years, it is necessary to put a child in a new transport and evaluate the correctness and comfort of landing. Let us outline the main rules:
- Plant the child, let him feel whether it is convenient for him to sit on this seat.
- The back should not curl.
- Pay attention to the fact that during the ride the leg in the unbent position comfortably reaches the pedal. Otherwise, select a different model. This you still great.
- The placement of hands should also be comfortable. The width of the rudder should correspond to the width of the shoulders of the baby.
- The legs should easily turn the pedals, and the knees in no case should touch the steering wheel and hands.
Only by evaluating all of the above characteristics, you can be sure of your choice.
Useful tips for parents
- Choosing bicycles for girls 5 years old, give preference to easy models, because a child will sometimes want to show independence and bring home a new friend without your help. To facilitate this task, choose bicycles with an aluminum frame. In addition, an easy bicycle for a girl of 5 years will carry less danger. If dropped, it will cause less damage to the baby.
- Pay attention to the position of the frame. For girls, transport is equipped with a frame that is set much lower than on bicycles for boys. The crossbar must be at least ten centimeters from the groin of the child.
- Choose models with height-adjustable seats, as well as the height of the column. This will help make the bike more comfortable for the child.
- Children's bicycles of 5 years for girls should be equipped with an element of restraint on the handlebars. If it is not included in the package, the device can be purchased separately.
- A bicycle for a girl of 5-7 years old must have good quality tires. Choose models with a wide protector. They will make transportation more stable, passable and will help in the first days of travel.
- Pay special attention to the chain. It should be covered with a special lid. Such a detail can protect children's legs from damage in the event of a fall.
- Give preference to the model, equipped with two types of brakes: manual and foot. Double mechanism will be additional insurance for your child. If she can not cope with the hard and heavy main brake, then she will always have the opportunity to take advantage of the manual option.
- Do not neglect additional protection. Helmet for the head, knee pads will help to avoid the first injuries and relieve negative impressions.
- In addition, you can purchase and accessories such as protection from mud in the form of wings, reflectors, lights and others.
How to help your child quickly learn the skill of riding a bicycle?
A new transport for a toddler can become a better friend if the process of learning to ride will pass quickly and without serious injuries. It is worth bearing in mind the following rules:
- When making a gift, try to please the child. Take into account the views of the daughter and her wishes. In this case, she will try to master the novelty faster. Explain everything and help her the first few times, the girl will quickly remember the rules of communication with a new iron friend.
- Put the child on the seat and explain the rules of setting the legs. Click on the bike and show how to hold the balance correctly. Try to repeat the procedure several times, so that the girl has mastered the rules.
- The next step is to learn braking. Bicycles for girls 5 years are often equipped with two types of brakes (hand and foot). Explain to the baby one by one the rules of using both species. Only after mastering the braking technique can you proceed to the next stage.
- The last and most important stage is training in independent driving on the street. Be patient. First hold the bicycle. This will help the baby to get comfortable and feel confident in their abilities. For additional insurance, you can start learning how to ride first on a four-wheeled bicycle, then on a three-wheeled one and only after passing through these steps, go to the management of a two-wheeled vehicle.
Do the learning process by playing, try to get the child involved, then you can achieve the goal much faster.
Select brand of new transport
Children's bicycles from 5 years for girls are on the market in abundance. Do not save, give preference to proven brands. Leading companies take care of their reputation, and the products pass several kinds of tests before they get to the store shelves.
The most popular are such models as:
- Stels Joy 12;
- Stels Echo 12;
- Stels Pilot 120 16;
- Giant Adore CB 12;
- TREK Mystic 20;
- STARK Tanuki Girl 12.
Bicycle "Stealth" for a girl of 5 years will be an excellent choice. It is reliable, safe and inexpensive. The production of children's transport is in the Russian Federation, and the equipment is used only by European brands.
Giant is one of the most experienced manufacturers. The models are on the market for more than forty years. The company specializes in the production of quality and light frames for children's bicycles. Prices for Giant goods are quite acceptable.
Trek bikes are manufactured by an American company. It specializes in the production of professional transport for athletes.
Stark is a mix of Russian and German developments. Stark specialize in biking for extreme sports.
Merida is a company renowned for its quality and reliability. The production is in Taiwan.
Bicycle prices for girls 5-9 years old
The prices for bicycles in shops and on the market vary. You can find a not very expensive model, for example, Stels Joy, which will cost you 4500 thousand rubles. One of the most tricky versions of Treck Mystic will cost the parents of the baby at 17,000 rubles. The average for the price models of children's transport, such as Stels Echo, Pilot, Stark Tanuki, stand in the area of 5500 thousand rubles.
What can not be done by purchasing a children's transport
- Do not buy a bicycle on the market. The desire to save can lead to the purchase of a substandard product. Sellers here do not receive special training, so they can not give you any practical advice and recommend the most reliable and high-quality model.
- Do not neglect additional protection. Helmet, knee pads, arm ruffles, chain cover - all these elements will help protect your child when falling.
- Do not take the most expensive and heaped model. Often to increase the price of goods the manufacturer tries to provide it with additional functions. Consult a consultant in the store. He will help to understand all the subtleties.
- Do not buy a bicycle for growth. This can lead to additional injuries and incorrect formation of the child's skeleton.
A bicycle for a girl of 5-9 years is a wonderful gift. Delight and love for this type of transport is noted by many buyers. Parents recommend purchasing light models (for example, "Jaguar") so that the girl can easily manage it, and if necessary, bring home. Pay attention to the appearance of bicycles. So, preference is given mostly to unpainted models, as they can be longer to please the eye. The paint on this bike does not fit. Frequent positive reviews are found on the models of the manufacturer Treck. Buyers note its excellent handling, despite the rather big weight.
Some moms and dads worry about the health of their children and insist on the need for additional protection, such as a helmet and knee pads. So, parents talk about the unwillingness of the child to continue learning to ride a bicycle after several painful falls or injuries.
Thus, acquiring a new iron horse for his baby, do not neglect his quality, protection and controllability. Choosing a reliable model, you can safely watch the joy of the first walks and mastering a new skill.