Conducting pregnancy after IVF: features and recommendations
Great work and effort requires the management of pregnancy after IVF. The fact is that this process is somewhat different from the usual conception of the baby. It is accompanied by additional training, research and analysis. Artificial insemination is something that will require more attention from future parents than a normal pregnancy that has come naturally. So what to look for? What advice and advice do doctors give in the field of pregnancy after IVF?
First of all, it is necessary to take into account that artificial insemination is not a natural process. He has a probability not only of failure, but also of certain complications. Therefore, the correct management of pregnancy after IVF is the key to the success of bearing a healthy child without risking the life and health of the new mother.
Complications can occur for the following reasons:
- Age of the future mother. Usually IVF is performed after 30 years, since before this age couples try to conceive a child on their own. Even with normal pregnancy late birth can lead to malformations of the fetus.
- Anamnesis with complications. For example, chronic or gynecological diseases that led to infertility or problems with conception.
- With IVF is a high probability of multiple pregnancy.
- Changing the hormonal background. The use of medications with the IVF protocol increases the levels of FG and estrogen, while reducing the level of progesterone. Therefore, it is necessary to monitor the normal level of these components of the female body.
- Change in hemostasis. This is due to the use of hormone therapy with IVF. Most often leads to a violation of blood circulation.
- Weakening of the body as a whole. This is due to physical stress and stress during IVF. With reduced immunity in the body can enter a variety of bacteria that affect the negative impact not only on the mother, but also on the future baby.
That is why pregnancy after IVF has a special reference. What should I look for to future parents? How to behave properly in the period of bearing a child, which was conceived by artificial insemination?
Objectives of monitoring
To begin with, it is necessary to learn that monitoring IVF should perform certain functions. Which ones? What should patients pay attention to?
Any research should be informative. Among the monitoring objectives, IVF are:
- overcoming the probability of miscarriage in the early stages of pregnancy;
- identification of possible developmental defects and fetal anomalies at the initial stages of development;
- hormonal support of the woman's organism for the successful course of pregnancy;
- the development of tactics of bearing several fruits, which can be found approximately on the 9-10th week of an interesting situation.
In fact, the risk of miscarriage early in IVF (in the first trimester) is extremely small. It is only about 6%. But even this figure for some is great. Monitoring and self-monitoring of pregnancy will help reduce the risk of interruption of pregnancy to a minimum. It is enough to know about some features. Conducting pregnancy after IVF in Moscow and other cities is conducted in accordance with similar principles.
Artificial insemination is an extremely difficult process. He, as already mentioned, requires more attention than a normal pregnancy. In Russia, there are special standards of the Ministry of Health, which indicate how the conduct of pregnancy after IVF should proceed. It is somewhat different from similar monitoring, but at conception of the child naturally.
To date, it is worth paying attention to the following standards:
planned hospitalization for the preparation for childbirth
Accordingly, such recommendations are given to women in order to observe the pregnancy after IVF. To them, as you might guess, it is worth adding all the standard research and procedures that all pregnant women face.
Where to watch
Pregnancy gynecologists after IVF work in different medical institutions. For today the woman can choose independently, where exactly to her to address for the help. Most often, the management of pregnancy after artificial insemination is carried out in the same medical institution, where the embryo was planted. This is the most correct and correct decision.
In general, you can lead a pregnancy:
- in free women's consultations;
- in paid medical centers.
It is necessary to get on the register at an early date, while in the usual conception it is possible to postpone this moment for a later period. It is better that a doctor who follows the woman's health before fertilization leads the pregnancy to the very end.
To speak or not
But that's not all. What other features are the management of pregnancy after IVF? Women's reviews often reflect only one question - do I need to tell the doctor in a women's consultation that the conception did not happen naturally?
The answer to this question is simple - yes. The girl must necessarily inform that the pregnancy was due to IVF. Otherwise, the whole process of monitoring the health of the future mother and baby will be broken. This leads to increased risk of interruption or unfavorable flow.
Analyzes and studies
Now a little about what other studies and tests the girl will have to undergo after the conception takes place. Conducting pregnancy after IVF in St. Petersburg and other cities is carried out taking into account the already mentioned procedures. In the rest, as it was said, it will be necessary to go through standard studies for pregnant women.
Among them are:
- general urine analysis;
- determination of the blood group and Rh factor (for women and men);
- general blood analysis;
- hIV testing, hepatitis, syphilis;
- a smear for sexually transmitted infections;
- blood coagulation test;
- a smear on the flora of the vagina;
- examination on the gynecological chair;
- a study on hidden infections.
A gynecologist may prescribe additional tests. Research of urine should be spent before each visit to the doctor. Usually it is required every 2 weeks. But all this is only the beginning. Conducting pregnancy after IVF, as well as after normal fertilization, requires a visit to some narrow specialists.
On Narrow Specialists
Which doctors are required to send any pregnant woman? It does not matter how the conception took place - by artificial insemination or by natural means. As already mentioned, in general, the procedure for monitoring an interesting situation is not much different.
Among the narrow specialists, in which all future mothers are sent, they are singled out:
It is noted that this specialist is required to visit at least 3 times during the entire pregnancy. The exception is the dentist. To him invite in 1 and 3 trimesters. Depending on the results of the survey, the girl can be referred to other specialists.
Now it is clear what features are the management of pregnancy after IVF in Moscow. Feedback indicates that the final stage of the process will be considered the choice of delivery. This is an important moment, which the future mother should pay attention to.
The point is that with ECO, the technique of caesarean section is most often used. All this is due to the fact that the patients belong to one or another group of risk of complications during delivery. But natural birth is also not excluded. Recommendations on this issue will give a gynecologist who will lead the pregnancy.
Where to apply in St. Petersburg and Moscow
Very often, women are looking for institutions in large cities, where one could observe the development of the fetus during artificial insemination. In fact, the choice is great. But where to go to Moscow or St. Petersburg, for example?
In the capital of Russia you can apply to almost any private gynecological clinic. For example:
All this is only the beginning. In St. Petersburg it is recommended to pay attention to the following establishments:
From now on it is clear what includes the management of pregnancy after IVF. In this period, you should follow all the recommendations and advice for ordinary pregnant women. Namely:
- to refrain from stress;
- to establish a food;
- regularly visit a doctor and follow his recommendations;
- to refuse from bad habits.