Find out the secret of how to teach parrots to speak
Every lover of the birds, buying a parrot, dreams that his pet is sure to be a good talk. How to teach parrots to talk? Found that almost any parrot (except "non-verbal" types) can and should be taught to imitate human speech. A simple phrase learn even parrots cockatiels, wild Jaco and many others.
Create conditions for learning
There is no difference in what your bird is a female or a male. More important is the character of the parrot (he outgoing or shy).
- Parrots are faster to learn, in the midst of the people talking. The most talkative birds live in the homes of pensioners and Housewives, who are often at home. Do not keep the bird in an isolated room, take it in the kitchen or living room.
- The company of other budgies will interfere in the development of human speech, because in the environment to dominate will be bird sounds.
- To teach parrots be as early as possible. Young birds learn much faster. Budgies Czechs after six month of life are able to perceive the lessons.
- Charge of training one member of the family. Although everyone else can help in the process (think of phrases and communicate with the bird), but do have one. This may be a school-age child who will benefit from these classes. First, he will learn patience, because parrots don't immediately start talking, and, secondly, the instruction is how to teach parrots to talk, help the child become more responsible.
- Although parrots, unlike dogs do not associate their successes in speaking of treats, which they reward people, but they are more willing to learn when they pay personal attention. For example, keep on hand or roll them to a ball game.
- Very effective the next step before class, for example in the morning, to let the parrot out of the cage. This will help him to get used to the learning process. Morning and evening is the best time to do it because during these periods they are most active and noisy.
Learning a spoken language, as any training should be approached methodically.
- Set a goal and start to exercise, remember that regularity is the key to quick success. Class time should not exceed 15 minutes is enough.
- At a time do not try to teach the bird a few sentences, it will only complicate the process. Much better would be the following method: make a list and mark it those phrases and words that have managed to master your pet. Only then can we move to the next item. Start with simple tasks – teach a short word or personal name (gosh, Pear, Masha). Be especially careful with words of profanity. If the parrot has memorized such words, to wean it will be impossible. The only solution is to make it so that they could not be heard for a long time. Perhaps he forgets himself.
- Knowing how to teach parrots to talk, help new pet to learn in the first consonants. To repeat the words and phrases you need, after short intervals, loudly and clearly pronouncing with a constant tone (preferably a higher voice).
- If the parrot is not in the mood (facing away from you), postpone the lessons until the right moment.