The cat diarrhea
The cat diarrhea. What to do and what tools to use? Diarrhea in cats can be caused by various diseases and disorders. If time does not take up the treatment, it can lead to death. In this article you will learn how to behave in a similar situation and what to do if the cat has diarrhea.
The reasons for the malaise
Suddenly can occur in cats diarrhea. What will tell you the following tips. Causes of diarrhea can be determined already at the initial stage of the disease. For this we need to investigate the odor, color and consistency of stool of the animal. From this disease there are several reasons:
1. . If your pet goes outside or not deny yourself the pleasure to dig in the trash, then most likely, he ate something spoiled. Install the cat complete control and watch what he does while walking on the street.
2. . To have your Pets avoid such ailments, carefully plan your diet feeding. It is not necessary to overfeed your cat fatty meat, milk or raw fish. Even if small quantities of these products upset stomach occurs, do not feed them at all. The same responsible approach to feeding the new food. All innovations should be gradual.
3. Food Allergy. Sometimes cats don't digest some foods. Pay attention to this and eliminate them from the diet.
4. Climate change or water. For long journeys or trips with the stock cat its normal food and water, which he used to use. This way you will protect your pet from diarrhea.
5. Breakdown. Cats as well as humans, can experience stress. The reason might be rapid changes in the environment, a new pet or a change of owners.
You brought home a little pet, and suddenly he was overtaken by this illness. Kittens, just weaned from the mother, sometimes loss of ability to digest lactose. If you since the childhood began to gradually enter into the diet of dairy products as an adult, the cat will experience bouts of diarrhea when consumption of such food. When the kitten begins to eat solid food, he's cease to be produced needed to digest milk product of bacteria. In this case, products containing lactose, you need to eliminate from the diet. Another cause of diarrhea in kitten can be the presence of worms. Consult your vet and get an antiparasitic medicine. After diarrhea do not feed the cat for 24 hours. Then give her some light food.
The cat diarrhea. What to do and when should I contact the vet?
Prolonged diarrhea can not delay the causes, this will lead to negative consequences. The cat may get an incurable disease, possibly even fatal. When diarrhea lasts more than a day, the body of the animal begins to dehydrate. In this case, necessary veterinary care. To call the vet when it began vomiting, pale nose and gums, in the stool contains mucus and blood, comes the smell of rot, the color is different from the usual or established the fact of poisoning.
I hope this article has helped to answer questions about what can be caused by cats have diarrhea, what to do in such a situation. Follow the health of their Pets and don't forget regular visits to the vet.