Ceramic glass cooktop: pros and cons
Purchasing a new home or performing major renovations in existing, everyone wants to make each design original and at the same time practical. To reach one, and second without the use of nanotechnology is impossible. It is only the fancy new equipment has a magnificent appearance, and extensive functionality. One of such modern attributes in furniture for the kitchen is ceramic hob. Pros and cons let's try to determine and find out: it's a really stylish practical thing, or just a whim of the rich? Maybe the costs of our time? Or still the need to ease the fate of women?
Ceramic glass cooktop: pros and cons
Beautiful and stylish kitchen dream of every housewife. A special place is given to the stove, the refrigerator and the sink. Note, that plate is in the first place. Beauty beauty, innovation innovation, but has a ceramic hob pros and cons. The user reviews reveal both sides of the coin fully.
Among the advantages of note:
- Support for instant heating.
- Resistance to high temperature indicators.
- High quality stove with glass-ceramic surface is characterized by low rates of horizontal thermal conductivity and relatively high levels of vertical.
- Low power consumption, in comparison with the plates that run on gas. Experienced users consider glass-ceramic plate as a saving tool. To date, the tariff for gas is growing every day, so the consumption of electricity will be cheaper.
- Ceramic coating cools quickly. This allows you to show dynamic response to a change of the switch position. Recently it was characteristic only of the gas surface.
- The choice of the heating zone. To adjust the heated area can be your own. This allows you to use cookware with a diametrically different indicators.
- The cookware can be used specific forms. Depending on the model, vitroceramics cooking rings, burner shape can be not only round, designed for dishes with a bottom rounded shape, but other forms, making it possible to use gusyatnitsy, and Sukov a variety of configurations.
- Extended functionality. If earlier the main purpose of the plate was cooking, now there is a timer function, automatic shut-off when boiled, the mode of autoprihlasenie and others. All of this facilitates the work of the hostess and its does not require full participation.
- The protection of children. Another feature of modern models of glass-ceramic plates, which prevent access Chad to the navigation unit and to avoid various kinds of trouble.
Has ceramic hob pros and cons. To the last, according to owners, include:
- The need to purchase utensils made of certain materials. Depending on the type of burners (standard, induction hobs Hi-light, halogen) on the stove, you can use one or the other dishes.
- Specifics of care. Special care needs the glass-ceramic plate. Cleaning should be done with a special tool when using the appropriate tools, household chemicals, which are usually a lot.
- Strong static load is contraindicated.
- Surgical strikes is contraindicated.
- Low bumpers. This suggests that if in the process of cooking escaped, like soup or milk, you have to catch on the floor. Hence, the contaminated are not only working hob.
- "Sugar disease." Glass ceramic hob is very afraid of the sugar in pure form and in the composition of the fluids (jam, jam, syrup, etc.). To clear the burnt remains almost impossible.
- A sharp temperature drop is contraindicated. When the stove is in operation mode, that is enabled, you should avoid contact with cold liquid. If it happened once, no need to worry, but if this occurs systematically, it will soon be the cause of plate failure.
Analyzing the above, we can conclude that the glass-ceramic plate disadvantages lie in the complexity of the operation and demands of care. In this aspect, the benefit, of course, traditional electric cooker. But this disadvantage is nothing compared to performance.
What dishes can be used and which not?
Requires a special selection of dishes ceramic glass cooktop. The pros and cons of this criteria that must be met in accordance with the rules of operation, converge. So, acquiring new cookware is primarily costly from a financial point of view. But if you buy the right kitchenware, the rapid flow of the cooking process and a long service plate you provided.
Features choice of dishes
- Smooth undeformed bottom.
- The diameter of the bottom of the pot should match the diameter of the plates.
- Aluminum and copper utensils should not be used. Some manufacturers of cooktops overlooked this question, but in practice it has been proved that the use of pots, pans and kettles made of these materials can lead to the appearance of mother-of-pearl spots on the glass-ceramic launder which in most cases is not possible.
- If the hob is equipped with induction hobs, the pans must be steel, enameled or cast iron. The use of utensils made of other materials is strictly prohibited. In addition, the bottom of cookware for induction stoves should have ferromagnetic properties. Check their availability very easy – just to the bottom of the tank to draw magnet. If he is attracted, then the ferromagnetic element is present and this cookware is suitable for use in "smart" cooking surface. Which is not true of containers made of glass, porcelain, copper, brass, ceramics.
Any thing technology or equipment that will serve its user for a long time only in case if he provides her the proper operation and care.
How to care: service features ceramic plates. Basic rules
- Use scrapers for cleaning glass-ceramic plates. Yes, only scrapers. It is strictly forbidden to clean the surface with a knife, brush, sponge with metal surfaces, abrasive means. Scraper effectively fights against various kinds of dirt with razor blades, removable type. This arrangement in most cases comes with the cooking surface. Scraper but if you have not found, do not worry, you can buy it separately will not be easy.
- Use creamy substance for cleaning glass-ceramic cooking panels. Cream or paste eliminate the possibility of scratching the glass. Besides, when applying such substances form a protective layer, which prevents to some extent the appearance of scratches.
Technology cleaning process
- Remove contamination with a scraper.
- To wash the stove.
- Wipe with a damp towel.
- Wipe with a dry towel.
What is and what is not? Other nuances in the care of glass ceramic surfaces
It is undesirable to expose the glass-ceramic plate strong statistical loads. In addition, all possible and impossible ways to avoid strikes and also to prevent scratching the surface. And remember, the hob should always be clean because contamination of the continuous type for these plates is contraindicated.
As already noted, has a ceramic hob pros and cons, but despite this, it is the priority of today's consumers. Positive characteristics are defined more from a technical point of view, and the disadvantages caused by operational characteristics and require investment of certain funds.