Glass-ceramic plate: pros and cons
Buying new housing or carrying out major repair work in the existing one, everyone wants to do everything in an artistically original way and at the same time is practical. To achieve both one and the second without the use of nanotechnology is impossible. After all, only fashionable new technology has both a great appearance and extensive functionality. One of such modern attributes in furniture for kitchen and is a glass-ceramic plate. Pros and cons let's try to determine and find out: is this really a stylish practical thing or just a whim of the rich? Or maybe the costs of modernity? Or is it still necessary to facilitate the fate of a woman?
Glass-ceramic plate: pros and cons
A beautiful and stylish kitchen is the dream of every mistress. A special place here is given to the stove, refrigerator and sink. Note that the plate is in the first place. Beauty is beauty, innovation is innovation, but has a glass-ceramic plate of pros and cons. Customer feedback reveals both sides of the coin to the fullest.
Among the advantages are noted:
- Support instant heating function.
- Resistance to high temperature indices.
- A high-quality plate with a glass-ceramic surface is characterized by low indicators of horizontal thermal conductivity and relatively high vertical indices.
- High strength.
- Low power consumption, in comparison with plates that work on gas. Experienced users view the glass-ceramic plate as an economical tool. To date, the tariff for gas is growing every day, so the electricity consumption will be cheaper.
- The glass-ceramic coating cools down quickly. This allows for a dynamic reaction to the change in the position of the switch. More recently, it was only natural gas surfaces.
- Select the heating zone. You can adjust the heated area yourself. This allows you to use dishes with different diameters.
- Possibility of using utensils of specific shapes. Depending on the model of the glass-ceramic plate, the shape of the burners can be not only round, designed for dishes with the bottom of a rounded shape, but also other shapes that make it possible to use the gusjatnitsy, as well as the vessels of a varied configuration.
- Advanced functionality. If before the main purpose of the cooker was cooking, now there is a timer function, automatic shut-down during boiling, auto-cooking mode and others. All this facilitates the work of the hostess and does not require her full participation.
- Protection from children. Another feature of modern models of glass-ceramic plates, which allows you to prevent children from accessing the unit's navigation and avoiding various kinds of trouble.
Has a glass ceramic plate, pluses and minuses. The latter, according to the owners, are:
- The need to purchase dishes from certain materials. Depending on the type of burners (standard, induction, Hi-light hobs, halogen), one or another dish can be used on the cooker.
- Specificity of care. The glass ceramic hob needs special care. Surface cleaning should be done with a special tool when using appropriate household chemical products, which, as a rule, cost a lot.
- Strong static loads are contraindicated.
- Point bumps are contraindicated.
- Low side. This suggests that if in the process of cooking food, for example, soup or milk have fled, then it will be necessary to catch on the floor. Consequently, not only the working top, but also the floor will be contaminated.
- "Diabetes". The plate of glass ceramics is very afraid of sugar in its pure form, and in the composition of liquids (jam, jam, syrup, etc.). Clear burnt residue is almost impossible.
- Sharp temperature difference is contraindicated. When the cooker is in the operating mode, that is on, it is necessary to avoid getting cold liquid on it. If this happened once, you should not worry, but if this is observed systematically, it will soon cause the plate to fail.
Analyzing the above, we can conclude that the disadvantages of glass-ceramic plates are the complexity of operation and exacting care. In this aspect, of course, traditional electric cookers benefit. But such a shortcoming is nothing compared to the performance characteristics.
What kind of dishes can I use, and which one can not be used?
A glass ceramic plate requires special selection of dishes. Pros and cons in this criterion, which must be observed according to the rules of operation, converge. So, the acquisition of new dishes - this is primarily costly from a financial point of view. But if you buy the right dishes, then the quick course of the cooking process and the long service of the plate are provided to you.
Features of the choice of dishes
- Smooth undeformed bottom.
- The diameter of the bottom of the pot or pans should match the diameter of the comfort.
- Aluminum and copper utensils can not be used. Some manufacturers of cooking surfaces overlook this issue, but in practice it has already been proved that the use of pots, pans and kettles made of these materials can lead to the appearance of pearlescent stains on glass ceramics, which in most cases is not possible to wash.
- If the cooking surface is equipped with induction-type burners, then the dishes should be steel, enameled or cast iron. The use of utensils from other materials is strictly prohibited. In addition, the bottom of the dishes for induction cookers should have ferromagnetic properties. Check their availability is very simple - just enough to the bottom of the tank to bring a magnet. If it is attracted, then a ferromagnetic element is present and such a dish is suitable for use on "smart" cooking surfaces. What can not be said about the containers of glass, porcelain, copper, brass, ceramics.
Features of care
Any thing, equipment or equipment, will serve its user long only if it ensures its proper operation and maintenance.
How to care: the features of maintenance of ceramic plates. Fundamental rules
- Use scrapers for cleaning glass-ceramic plates. Yes, only scrapers. It is strictly forbidden to clean the surface with a knife, brush, washcloth with a metal surface, abrasive agents. Scraper effectively fights with various types of contamination with removable blade types. Such an adaptation is in most cases complete with a cooking surface. But if you did not find the scraper, do not worry, it will not be difficult to get it separately.
- Use creamy substances for washing glass-ceramic kitchen panels. Cream or paste precludes the possibility of scratching glass ceramics. In addition, when depositing such a substance, a so-called protective layer is formed, which prevents scratching to some extent.
Technology of purification process
- Remove dirt with a scraper.
- Wash the electric stove.
- Wipe with a damp towel.
- Wipe dry with a towel.
What can and can not be? Other nuances in the care of glass-ceramic surfaces
It is highly undesirable to subject the ceramic-ceramic plate to strong statistical loads. In addition, it is necessary to avoid point impacts in all possible and impossible ways, as well as to avoid scratching the surface. And remember, the hob must always be clean, because the impurities of a constant type for these plates are contraindicated.
As already mentioned, the glass-ceramic plate has advantages and disadvantages, but, in spite of this, it is in the priority of modern consumers. Positive characteristics are defined more from a technical point of view, and shortcomings are due to operational features and require the investment of certain funds.