How many lives chinchilla at home and what are the basic rules of maintenance
Chinchilla — who is this? The question is quite natural, because we known such a small pet rodent. Also there is a coat color in some cat breeds. They are gorgeous, like a gold chinchilla British breed, but we will talk still about rodents.
What is the life expectancy of chinchillas at home and in nature?
Adorable cute creation – chinchilla – has long been firmly settled in as a family pet in our homes and hearts. To break up with a wonderful pet quickly, you do not want a single owner. Unfortunately, unlike cats and dogs, the usual rodents live with us for long. So how many lives chinchilla at home? In this respect they are unique in comparison with other members of his family. Decorative rats or hamsters will live in your house a couple of years. Chinchilla also theoretically can please you as much as 15-20 years. Cases are known when they died, only 25.
Of course, as much as the lives chinchilla at home, she will never live in the wild. There is a period of their existence is limited, because they have so many dangerous predatory enemies. The house can be arranged close to the ideal conditions for the animal, to save his health and life as long as possible.
The factors which determine how many lives chinchilla at home
It is very important to comply with conditions for keeping the animal:
- careful adherence to advice on nutrition
- organization of adequate conditions of detention
- the genetic characteristics of the species.
Diseases of these animals is still quite difficult to diagnose and treat. Sometimes veterinary medicine lack the knowledge and equipment to do this. However, most diseases and almost all injuries due to the disregard for the rules of feeding and maintenance, so they are easy to prevent.
So, with the question of how many lives chinchilla at home, understood. A little bit about what not to do when the content of a fur baby and why.
What not to do when the content of a fur baby?
- To bathe him in the water. Only in special sand. Chinchilla fur deteriorates from this, in addition, the animal can be supercooled.
- Feed sweets, food on the table, feed for other rodents, outdoor plants and those that grow at home. Chinchillas should get a special feed grains and Goodies sold for them in pet stores.
- Allow the animal to walk through the apartment and on the street. This is very dangerous, trauma most often happens when the animal is allowed to do so. On the street pet may get an infection. "Be kept" Pets chinchilla needs in a specially equipped safe space. Failing this, it is better to avoid walking.
- Keep the baby in a small cage without tools that support an active lifestyle rodent. The room for the chinchilla should be spacious, have compartments. It should be comfortable and safe (not to do too high "stage").
- Often to caress a pet. His fur has a high moisture content and excessive affection spoiled.
- To support the child at a high temperature in the room near the radiators, in a place where exposed to direct sunlight. Overheating is fatal for the animal.
It is enough to observe simple rules of maintenance and care, at the first sign of disease to deliver the pet to a veterinarian and chinchilla will live a long time next to a caring and competent owner.