Fattest cats in the world
We are accustomed to cats. They catch mice, purr gently on her knees and enthusiastically play with children. Small and large, manual and independent — each of these furry Pets is unique. Today we will talk about the most, about cats and cats that do not like other people.
As cats have been domesticated
This event dates back to the era of the pharaohs (about 6000 years ago). In ancient Egypt cats were revered as divine creatures. But recent excavations have revealed the remains of a kitten in a much older burial site in Cyprus. It turns out that the oldest cat in the world lived with the man for 9.5 thousand years ago. Today the life expectancy of Pets is around 15 years, but there are true centenarians. So, in the UK a cat named Puss he lived for 36 years, that at times is average even for a human.
The disease of the XXI century is obesity in cats
These animals are very fond of spinning around the table, begging for tasty bits. In addition, in contrast to the honest and decent dogs, cats are mischievous and will take the opportunity (in obedience to the instinct of the predator) to pick up a clawed paw that is on the table. So the fat cats in the world usually are not representatives of any particular breed it is the owners turn your pet into a walking Ottoman.
Weight fluffy beauties and handsome influences and lifestyle. According to statistics, cats living in villages or in the private sector, do not suffer from extra pounds. Their life more harmonious: in the evening went out hunting, and nature, and coming home and tasting milk for the whole day then go to bed. Fattest cats in the world live in apartments, where physical activity is limited, and all hunting is to go to the kitchen.
Often owners cause trouble mating season, when a cat begins to show anxiety, loudly and often meow, calling the male. Today there are many drugs that are designed to extinguish sexual activity of a pet, but unfortunately, they are all hormonal. So, the fattest cat in the world named Katie (living in Russia), began to gain weight after receiving such funds. Her weight is 23 kg, body length 69 cm and waist width is 70 cm. a Kind of a walking cube. By the way, even in the presence of the house cat attempts to have a relationship with him, the poor guy is already not taken.
Of course, not all characterized by its mass animals get into the Guinness Book of records. Today in the nomination "the fattest cats in the world" leads pet named Jimmy (girl). She lived in Australia and died in 1986 at the age of 10 years. Her weight was 21.3 kg.
Denmark is a home to six-year-old ivory tulle, it weighs 19.2 kg. In new York in the kennel got a handsome redhead named spongebob, it rolls and weight is 17 kg. While the fat cats in the world are completely healthy and have gained so much weight they are due to their own laziness. Both are being treated and put on a diet, because the mass of their bodies is at a critical point. Tulle owners say that their pet loved to sleep. All the guests took the stationary ball for a furry footrest. He even learned how to roll from place to place, once again not to get up.
Nature will not leave
To be fattened up absolutely any animal. So, the fattest cat in the world, living in Kiev, weighs 20 kg, and does not belong to any breed. In General, the most prone to be overweight, are British and Persian cats. Impressive and calm, they are able to spend hours lying on the couch and have a good appetite. At risk of fall and neutered Pets after surgery, they quickly begin to gain weight. Oh, and I'm curious to scroll to network selection "The fat cats of the world." Photo lazy fuzzies sometimes causes tenderness, but there is a serious threat to the life and health of the animal.
Lead weight the most large representatives of this family. Breed is Maine Coon (10 to 15 kg) or usher (about 14 kg). But for their body such figures are quite proportional and normal.
Kids cat in the world
The smallest can be considered Singaporean cat. These babies weigh from 1.5 to 2.7 kg. Graceful beauty, they are seldom found on the market. Another miniature breed is concod: weight about 2 kg, body length of about 55 cm Live mostly in Chile and Argentina.
Nurseries who breed these breeds, we have a little, so find a sales representative for a reasonable price is almost impossible. Introduced from abroad a couple of good documents can bring good income. There are times when purebred cat grows a record small. So, the Himalayan-Persian cat, living in the United States, reaches only 7 cm at the withers, and its body length does not exceed 19 cm
The world of cats is incredibly diverse, there is a very thin and long members. Often these two qualities it combines, the same breed. Bright representative of the Savannah cat breed. Graceful creatures reach 45 inches in length. But, again, thoroughbred beauties bypass their fellow mestizos. In 1997 in Scotland was listed in the Guinness Book of world records a cat named Snoobi (103 cm in length and 33 in height).
IQ fluffy favourites
Objectively measure a person's intelligence is quite difficult, with cats it is even harder. Of course, every owner his pet is the best. To reveal the most intelligent breeds of cats, a variety of experiments, for example, show the animal her favorite toy and then hide it behind the screen. If the pet knows to follow up there, his intelligence equates to the level of development an eight month old child. If you continue to look at the host or meow, demanding to return the toy, so mental capacity is somewhat lower, or stubbornness above normal.
After a number of experiments, the breeders came to the following conclusions:
1. Sphynx, naked cat, ranks first in mental abilities, despite the fact that this is the most funny cats in the world. Pet gives the least trouble in the home, do not shed, does not cause allergies and has a natural smell. Kittens quickly learn to toilet. They never scratch and bite. Amazing learn quickly, and easily learn commands, and can act in the circus. They can play hide and seek and tag, so your child will be busy for a long time. He was in no danger (of course, if will not hurt the animal), because it is — and even the kindest of cats.
2. First place was shared with a Sphynx Balinese cat. Originated from the Siamese breed, but breeding has awarded her luxurious coat. Easy to learn numerous tricks, no special maintenance is required, the gregarious and curious.
3. Bengal cat — another amazing breed. Bred a hybrid of domestic and wild cats, gorgeous leopard, kind and helpful.
4. Third place was awarded to breeds: Russian blue, Egyptian Mau, Siberian, Norwegian forest and many others.
As you can see in the leaderboard — cats, different natural activity and curiosity. Calm and phlegmatic Persians, Himalayan and exotic Shorthair cats was at the end of the rating.
Gentle, purring creatures. How to choose a cat
Actually the secret is simple: the most affectionate cats are just loving owners. If you give the animal the tenderness and care day after day, it will tell you the same. Cats are quite vindictive, once greatly offended, it will be a long time to get accustomed to you before I believe. Want the most tender and good creation? Take the cat off the street. Loyal, she will forever be grateful for the rescue.
If you choose a purebred pet, the most affectionate cat — a Russian blue, Sphynx, Burmese, Cornish Rex. It is necessary to make allowances for the fact that each breed has an individual personality with his character. Love your pet the way he is.
Often arises, so to speak, the opposite question: "And what cats are most aggressive and evil?" There really is something to think about. Just imagine: a proud posture, weird eyes, defiant independence, and if not, then fangs and claws. But if a baby at home, the question arises very acutely. Such species include the gorgeous Siamese. Amazing colouring and wonderful dark blue eyes are often decisive when choosing a kitten. But these "princes" and "princesses" very freedom-loving, they will come on hand when you want to, and never will allow to carry its own tail!
Moderately aggressive include Maine coons and British. With them it is possible will agree, if not too familiar.
Choice of the year, or Which breed is most popular?
According to statistics, the Siberian is a Russian cat. It's a big, strong animal, which can without harm to health to endure severe frosts and has excellent health. During breeding, the wool changed from smooth to fluffy and got a wide variety of colors.
Fully grown specimens later, only to 5 years. An adult weighs about 10-15 lbs. these are the most popular cat in all of Russia, both purebred and mongrel. Rich wool requires care, brushing at least once a week. In spring and summer the cat can be cut. These precious beauties are distinguished by good nature and gentle attitude to the owner. Child can safely play with a furry pet. But beware unfairly hurt the cat — it is no less vindictive, than the representative of the Siamese breed.
Siberian cats can swim, so get a special makeup and ask the child to spend an unforgettable time in the bathroom with your pet.
The most powerful members of the cat family
Savannah (usher) — it is rare in the city — a very rare cat. This is a real home leopard! An animal like him and the color, and size. Not to be unfounded: about 70 cm tall, 15 kg weight. This is a strong, muscular predator, but still gentle and obedient. Your child will love playing with them: thrown the ball back with lightning speed, because Savannah is the fastest cat. Its appearance is very impressive: the average size of a dog, retaining all the agility and grace of a wild predator, she purrs, stretched out on your bed, or jumps, practically, cabinets and tables. This adorable animal has received its second name in honor of the pagan goddess Asherah.
The second athlete can be called the Maine Coon. Buy this giant is much easier, they are not exotic. The size is slightly inferior to the previous representative, and weigh 12-14 lbs. Beautiful large animal, with close heavy eyes and tufts on the ears like a lynx. These are the biggest domestic cats in the world among common species.
The most beautiful breed
Of course, the charm option is subjective, everyone chooses something more cute your heart. But, nevertheless, exist. According to numerous polls compiled a list of the most preferred and beautiful cat breeds:
- Turkish Angora — white, long-haired beauty. Often the "harlequins", one eye which was blue and the other green.
- Turkish van semi-longhair cat soft to the touch, like cashmere. Usually white with red stripes.
- Norwegian forest cat — an animal of large stature, high on massive paws. Reminiscent of a lynx, with a thick, long and dense fur. However, very calm and peaceful.
- American Maine Coon and Savannah. Very large cats with excellent conformation data.
- The chausie, or the Nile cat. It's a relative of swamp lynx. Unique iridescent color, bright appearance, independent opinion, and thus the animal is very loyal to their masters.
- The Somali breed, quite rare. Thick and dense fur forms a "collar" on the neck and "pants" on the legs. In addition, the mecha has one more feature: every hair painted in several colors.
- Ragdoll bred in California to resemble the Persians, but the fur is more soft as rabbits. This is one of the most patient dogs in the world.
- Munchkin — very feet which is three times shorter than all the other cats. Very loving and affectionate.
- Toyger — outwardly very similar to tigers, the color identical, but they are stunningly loving.
- The Egyptian Mau is a very elegant creation! On the forehead of the figure, in the shape of the letter "M", and near the ears — in the form of a "W". Eyes must emphasize two lines, reminiscent of the makeup of the Egyptian Queen.
Of course, this is not true of all breeds, the more ugly members of these wonderful animals just does not happen.
The most expensive cat breeds
If you are breeding and keep private nursery, another important issue is the purchase of breeding individuals, the offspring of which will bring a good profit. We present a list of the most expensive cats today.
- The Devon Rex is a very interesting representatives of the cat, a bit like the Sphinx. A small animal with short, soft fur that resembles velvet, and big ears. Very smart, easily accustomed to the tray. Besides, their wool does not cause allergies. Cost — from $ 400.
- Himalayan cat — beautiful, long-haired animals. Cost from $ 500.
- Scottish fold — from other breeds, they are distinguished by the structure of the ears: they are bent forward and down. In addition, these Pets do not purr and squeak. And one more feature: they like to sit in unusual for cat pose, with a straight back and limbs stretched. The price ranges from $200 to 1500.
- Sphynx is a bald cat, very graceful and agile. Owners are often surprised by the ability of your pet to stand still for long in the most bizarre position, as if deep in thought. Cost — from $400 to $ 1500.
- The Maine Coon is one of the largest cats on earth. Body length reaches 1.2 meters, and weight — 15 kg Color with black stripes (not always, but often) and a huge, bushy tail makes them look like raccoons. From $600.
- Elf recently the breed, absolutely hairless cat with wrinkled skin and large ears, curved back. $ 2,000.
- American curl — longhair breed with different ears, wrapped up like horns. $1,000.
- Bengal cat. Luxury fur leopard print color — the main advantage of the breed. From $1000 up to 4000.
- Khao Mani, an ancient Thai breed. Of $ 7,000.
- The chausie is a cross between a domestic cat and the swamp lynx. A very rare animal, striking its elegance and sociability. From $8000.
- Savannah is the most expensive pussy in the world, the result of crossing an African Serval and a domestic cat. A graceful, large animal, real home leopard. The cost depends on the class of a kitten ranges from $4000 to 22000.
It's not all most-most cats that live near us. Surely each of you can add to the list, including your pet. Large or small, fluffy or hairless, they are waiting for us and happily purr, basking in her lap. Perhaps the only distinctive trait that needs correction is the weight of your pet. And let you not be touched by the title of "fattest cat." Photos, of course, can represent a funny animal with a blissful Mordechai, blurred on the couch, but in reality, the extra weight often leads to early death of the pet.