Jumps: for and against (Komarovsky)
Very often there are debates on the theme: "Jumps for and against". Komarovsky Evgeny Olegovich (the known pediatrist) expresses on this account unequivocally. Unlike many mothers and generous relatives, among whom there is an opinion that jumping - the most successful gift for the birth of a baby, he does not have any doubts.
What is a jumper?
Jumpers or a children's developing simulator is a design that is fixed in the doorway. Due to rubber holders the child can jump and swing in different directions. To do this, it is enough to just push off the legs from the floor.
This entertainment, as a rule, causes a rapturous delight in the baby, and the mother frees her hands. Thus, she can do some household chores while the kid is entertained on his mini-attraction. Many parents choose a jumper as an entertainment for the child. The price for this product is low, and then they can be presented or sold, because the period of using jaunts is short, and during this time they will not lose their presentable appearance.
At what age do parents think about buying a jumper?
The average age, when adults put a child in jumps - 3-4 months.
If the child is 2 months confidently holding the head, you can try to put him in jumping, but only after consulting a pediatrician, orthopedist and neurologist.
If you listen to the advice of a well-known children's doctor, then in his video, where he discusses "Walkers-jumping: pros and cons," Komarovsky does not give a clear answer, at what age can you resort to these adaptations. At the same time, he clearly articulates the idea that the time a child will spend in them should be minimal.
But more often this developing simulator for children is recommended after 4 months. For this age, models are selected that have devices to support the underarms.
If the child is more than 6 months old, he can already buy other jumper, the age is just such that a model without support will do.
Experts who advocate "jumping" recommend starting their use when the crumb already knows how to hold toys, tries to manipulate them and tries to actively learn the surrounding reality.
Why buy a jumper?
Jumps for children are usually purchased in order to entertain a child. In fact, this desire has hidden meaning. Adults hurry the time, they want the kid to quickly get on the legs and be able to contemplate the world around in an upright position.
Naturally, we, the grown-ups, are more comfortable and comfortable, so it seems to us that the child is both more interesting and useful for general development.
Plus, this is also a talking name, which is also misleading - "a training simulator for children". What kind of mother does not want her child to develop physically? And for this she is ready to use jumps, the price of which does not bite in comparison with many developing toys?
The main arguments of producers in favor of javelins
- Jumps help a toddler to master uprightness.
- A small researcher begins to understand that he can control his movements, regulate the speed and acceleration of his jumps.
- During the "training" on the developing simulator, the muscles of the legs and back are strengthened.
- Considering the question of "jumping pro and con," Komarovsky mentions the very first and important advantage of this invention - the free hands of the mother.
- During the child's stay in the jumper, his vestibular apparatus develops, coordination of movements improves.
- Hands of the child while in the jumper are free, and he can do some other useful work, for example, kneading a rough object in his handles.
- Jumps lead the child into indescribable ecstasy, because this new position allows him to make new discoveries and study the standing world.
- In jumps the child is protected from dangerous objects.
Variety of models
Today, the market of children's products offers a huge number of jumpers of various designs. The models differ from one another in the manner of fastening, the design of the seat, the spring elements. This factor can be attributed to what motivates parents to acquire a jumper.
The most popular in the market of children's goods are the so-called VIP-models, which include 3 functions: jumping-swing-tarzanka. Their main advantage is that the age of the child for this developing simulator is up to 2 years, unlike the classical model.
When jumping can not be used categorically?
Despite the fact that there is no unequivocal opinion about the benefits or harms of this entertainment, there are a number of situations when jumping for children is prohibited. This should pay special attention so as not to harm your baby.
- You can not put a child in a jumper when his skin is inflamed where there is close contact with the elements of the product.
- If the kid does not keep his head, such entertainment is not yet for him.
- It is strictly forbidden to use jumpers when a child has abnormalities in the field of neurology and orthopedics.
Dear doctor against jumpers
In a remarkable video on the topic "Walkers-jumpers: for and against" Komarovsky very intelligibly explains the harm of "vertical" devices for children. These include jumping and walking.
The most important and convincing argument is this. First, the child must know himself and the world around him in a horizontal position. Nature laid that the kids first learn to crawl, and then already stand and walk. And it's no accident.
Everything in the baby is "planned" by nature. She protects the child's spine, which is not fully formed, from the great load that javelins have on him.
In addition, during the crawl muscles and back ligaments are formed, which later will become a guarantee of healthy uprightness.
More arguments of opponents of javelins
Not only Dr. Komarovsky is against the use of a child's development simulator. Many pediatricians also come up with their thoughts on the dangers of using jumpers.
- There is a violation of muscle tone, when the child is put in jumping. The picture of the child in this position clearly shows that there is compression in the perineum.
- If the adult does not control the length of the child's stay in the jumps, a prolonged jumping creates a large load on the legs. In the future, this can lead to deformation of the bones of the legs and even lead to a curvature of the spine.
- Jumps create obstacles to the development of the foot, the transition to standing on the full foot is erased, thus, the development of a sense of balance is difficult.
- "Jumping", the child gets used to the fact that he relies on both feet, this in the future can lead to problems in teaching walking.
Observe the safety measures
If the choice is made and wanted to buy a baby jumper, the photos of happy kids in this device do not give rest, and I want to please my crumb, then a number of security measures must be observed. This will reduce all risks to a minimum.
- Limit the time the child is in jumps. It should not be more than 15 minutes at a time. In the day you can "jump" a few times.
- When the child has not yet learned to sit, then to reduce the load on the spine, the pose of the baby is fixed with special straps that are stretched under the armpits. When the spine gets stronger, you can remove these straps.
- Before letting the baby "in free jumping", it is worthwhile to check the availability of furniture edges, which the child can be injured in the moment of accidental collision with them.
It can be seen that opinions about the dangers and benefits of jumpers diverge, but one should treat everything by listening to common sense. After all, a child can grow healthy and strong in jumpers, and can have a lot of health problems, if he has never been put in jumpers or walkers. Everything is very individual, and it is worth focusing only on your baby and on the state of his health for today.